Let that be a lesson! Schoolkids invited to steamrollering of exhausts in south

webfact

Let that be a lesson! Schoolkids invited to steamrollering of exhausts in south

91pm.jpg

Picture: 77kaoded

Around thirty schoolchildren from a local school were invited to the Phatthalung Police station in southern Thailand to witness a steam roller destroying more than 300 motorcycle exhausts. 

The illegal exhausts worth 100,000 baht were seized from young people's bikes over the last month in a crackdown on street racing especially on Fridays and weekends. 

inbound7930878800448695770.jpg

Provincial deputy Pol Col Chatchaphisit Nakharawong and Phatthalung station chief Pol Col Torsak Sareerat chaired the gathering.

92pm.jpg

The children from Wat Ban Suan school in Muang district listened intently to information about the work of the traffic police and what constituted an illegally adapted motorcycle, noted 77kaoded. 

Source: 77kaoded

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-09-15

• Like 2

No wonder it's a problem if exhausts are so cheap there. THB 333 each !  Going on a shopping trip now so we can keep more neighbours awake in Chon Buri.
Surely not some dodgy reporting of statistics, that would be a first for Thailand ?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, DPKANKAN said:

How many were underage and with no license or helmet too??? Naah!! don't bother with other basics!! ????????????????????????????????

And the 'mechanics - and I use that term loosely - who made the illegal modifications?

And how about the National chief of police now instructing every police station in the country to do the same, while delivering a basket of chicken essence to the boss of this particular station.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

The children from Wat Ban Suan school in Muang district listened intently to information about the work of the traffic police and what constituted an illegally adapted motorcycle, noted 77kaoded. 

Sure they did. I know I would have at that age. ???? It did get them out of the classroom for an hour though. No doubt they hold the RTP officers in much greater respect now as well. 

2 hours ago, transam said:

55 years back, I ended up in court, in front of a judge to answer the charge of excessive noise coming from my Lambretta TV175.....Nothing to do with "trust", it is to teach the young the laws of the land..

PS. I got find 2 quid....:stoner:

It seems I found you. I searched for lambretta tv175 racing exhaust

20 hours ago, webfact said:

The illegal exhausts worth 100,000 baht were seized from young people's bikes

So then they drive off with no mufflers?  Are the bikes seized until proper exhaust systems are installed?  Is this just a photo op?  The illegal exhausts should be seized from the sellers and perhaps that would solve the problem. 

13 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

Crush the whole Bikes then you might get their attention.  Also time to raid and close down every workshop making such Exhaust Systems and Jail the owners; do that a few times and the problem will go away !

Agree 100%

A new exhaust will be back on the bike for a few hundred Baht and the problem will be there again.