DDC chief dismisses claim of Myanmar boy getting Covid-19 infection in Thailand

webfact

DDC chief dismisses claim of Myanmar boy getting Covid-19 infection in Thailand

By THE NATION

800_d1557b979047fea.jpg?v=1600234367

Suwannachai Wattanayingcharoenhai

In relation to the case of a Myanmar toddler reportedly picking up a Covid-19 infection in Thailand, Department of Disease Control (DDC) director general Dr Suwannachai Wattanayingcharoenhai said on Wednesday (September 16) that it was quite impossible when all facts are taken into account.

The two-year-old boy reportedly travelled out of Thailand with his mother via Mae Sot to Myawaddy on September 4 and was diagnosed with Covid-19 on Sunday (September 13). After the boy’s infection was announced, Myanmar put Myawaddy under lockdown. 

Suwannachai said immigration authorities had no report of the boy and his mother travelling out of Thailand via Mae Sot on September 4 and suspected that the two had taken a natural border route. 

The doctor also said a DDC team had visited Tak’s Mae Sot district on September 8 to 9 and conducted random Covid-19 tests on 2,635 people, both locals and Myanmar residents, and found no infections.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30394624

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-09-16

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Are you ok Steven, it is not like you to disparage the fine nation and its PM who you follow blindly.....Now I am confused

How did I disparage the honorable Khun Prayut Chan O Cha,  I referred to the DDC director Dr Suwannachai Wattanayingcharoenhai's comment and assumption,  nothing more. 

Edited by steven100
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, steven100 said:

How did I disparage the honorable Khun Prayut Chan O Cha,  I referred to the DDC director Dr Suwannachai Wattanayingcharoenhai,  nothing more. 

but you called your beloved Thailand "Lie Land", and that just says it all especially with Kuhn Prayut your friend at the helm.  I guess you need to redact the claim of Lie Land as it has to be fake news

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

but you called your beloved Thailand "Lie Land", and that just says it all especially with Kuhn Prayut your friend at the helm.  I guess you need to redact the claim of Lie Land as it has to be fake news

sorry if you misunderstood my remark, it was purely representing the comments made by the DCC only, and yes .... Khun Prayut is at the helm and doing a fine job I might say.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, steven100 said:

sorry if you misunderstood my remark, it was purely representing the comments made by the DCC only, and yes .... Khun Prayut is at the helm and doing a fine job I might say.

Yep billions of baht to be obtained from 1200 tourists each month.....while the poor starve, and the military racks up more funds for purchases.  Way to run the country into the cliffs of Dover.

35 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Yep billions of baht to be obtained from 1200 tourists each month.....while the poor starve, and the military racks up more funds for purchases.  Way to run the country into the cliffs of Dover.

Think you will find that's the job of the fleet of Subs Steven's hero has purchased....

• Like 1

22 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

There must be a pretty big hole in those cliffs as the country has been run this way for a bloody long time.

• Like 1