Foreigners in Thailand face fines and jail for overstaying as visa amnesty ends

snoop1130

I've been here for years.  Anyhow, this Spring and Summer were not exactly a holiday.  It wasn't as survival-mode as other places, but this was not typical Thailand.  Almost nobody was really enjoying themselves for months, and now it's only semi-normal.  

some people work for years, stop...and then they would have to leave as well.   

in the long-run, i think it's always better in your home country.  Thailand is good for maybe 5 months a year and it's nice knowing you can leave and never come back.  home country for money, and Thailand for something different.   

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

. I however, accept those facts and have a Plan B and learned in life things are not always fair.

i think you,re right i wouldn't consider thailand a place to consider retiring to at this moment in time,the writings on the wall.on your last point,nors frank brunos harris.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

25 minutes ago, genericptr said:

You don't get it. Because now is not normal. That's the entire issue. Normally I go home no problem and come back when I want to. Not this time. Everything is different this time.

You are a tourist and nothing more. You have had a good run and it is time to go home. If you want to come back then get a visa fit for purpose.

Why should we feel sorry for you ? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, genericptr said:

That's how it feels to me also. This whole experience leaves me with a bad taste in mouth for Thailand. If I get CV-19 and fall seriously ill when I return back to the USA on the 24th I'm going to be pretty angry I can imagine. All because I "overstayed my welcome".

you wont get covid because of thailand, you'll get it because the usa is making a right hash of managing the pandemic...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, genericptr said:

You don't get it. Because now is not normal. That's the entire issue. Normally I go home no problem and come back when I want to. Not this time. Everything is different this time.

Go home ! Thailand is not your home ,you are a person on holiday ! Why do you think you have rights in another country ?

Edited by mlkik
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3