Justice minister has ingenious solution to overcrowding in Thai prisons

webfact

An event to celebrate his first year in office. Not needed and not appropriate.

On the other hand perhaps the gov't should appoint a person on every block to arrange one year celebration for first, second, third year etc., for every food vendor, every 7/11 manager and all staff etc., etc...

Even more to the point, how many taxpayers Baht did this celebration cost?

• Like 1

Surely, overcrowded prisons are more than just where inmates sleep. They have to consider food, exercise, discipline, in-prison society and mental health from overcrowding.

Thais are often happier sleeping on the floor, anyway.

This guy is a r*t*rd.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, ezzra said:

And this is why this guy get the big money in salary, ingenious idea: bunk beds, who would have thought?...

He must have looked at California's State Prison system, and observed the tiered approach.  Just build the buildings taller and you can add more levels of beds, interlocking jungle gyms, and easier for them to hang themselves, of course by accident.

Once upon a time I envisioned prisons being built underground in the desert.  When the big flash floods would come they could reduce the population quickly by opening up the doors and washing the now drowned prisoners out to the burial grounds.  Reboot and reload, wait for the next rain....yes Sarcasm

1 hour ago, colinneil said:

I wonder which relative of his has a company making/ selling bunk beds.

It a two-tier system. The one with higher-standing/more dosh gets to go on top (I didn't meant sexually).

51 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

Hardly news. They have been using elevated sleeping areas in the jails for years, so not even his idea.

{snipped}

I thought that was just for those smoking dope, who were higher anyway?

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, JusticeGB said:

Why not put in Queen sized beds so that the gay population in prison can get there rocks off. Perhaps he watched Porridge the TV series made between 1974 and 1977 to get his inspiration about bunk beds in prison!

With Lukewarm stirring the porridge!

• Haha 2