State of emergency set to be extended through October

snoop1130

23 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

They already have, by announcing their 2 week quarantine 90 day Tourist VISA scheme would run until September 2021.

That was based on State of Emergency ending 30 September so STV starting 1 October. Extend state of emergency as per the OP news, no STV

Edit: sorry, I see what your saying now, yes no-one in their right mind would do STV so we're all screwed until September 2021

Edited by aussiexpat
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Name one.

The UK, for arrivals from Thailand. 

Singapore, for NZ and Brunei passport holders arriving from these countries. 

That said, I don't expect any major changes for several months at least, anywhere in the world and it could also go the other way as well, as Malaysia did a couple of months back when it went back to facility quarantine from home quarantine. The quarantine system is likely to remain in some form for at least 3 more months and probably up to 6. But speculating what happens in the future won't get us anywhere...things change all the time. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, aussiexpat said:

That was based on State of Emergency lending 30 September so STV starting 1 October. Extend staye of emergency as per the OP news, no STV

He interpreted the quarantine requirement as remaining until 30 Sep 2021 based on the STV being issued until that date, but my conclusion is that one can't interpret it that way, since it's quite possible (and in fact highly likely) the STV requirements will be amended over time.

The point I was making is that this STV will only be issued for a period of one year, meaning it's not intended to be a permanent new type of tourist visa. 

6 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

The UK where they just announced pubs must close by 10pm?

And all gatherings of more than 6 totally banned.

I'd say that indicated getting worse, not getting better.

The poster that you replied to, was talking about quarantine, not about closing pubs. Pay attention please.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

The poster that you replied to, was talking about quarantine, not about closing pubs. Pay attention please.

So nice to see picking nits is still alive and well on TV.

Predictable the SOE would be extended, despite Thailand having one of the lowest COVID-19 infection rates. Prayut can see the lid would come off if it wasn't, a lot of angry young Thais in Bangkok and elsewhere.