EU launches legal case against UK over Internal Market Bill

snoop1130

2 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

So you are calling for a Scottish MP be sacked but at the same time claiming the Conservatives did the right thing with Cummins by not sacking him ????

No. I am not calling for anybody to be sacked, as you may have interpreted from my posts regarding Dominic Cummings some months ago.  I don't think it's a sacking offence, but you do. If the rozzers had been quick enough, instead of blockading beaches and harassing ramblers, they could have given him a 200 quid ticket and job done.

It was your baying and howling mob who was calling for Cummings head on a sanctimonious leftist platter, but is now strangely subdued about your SNP day tripper. Your duplicitous SNP leaders have washed their hands of her, with the lame excuse that she's been stripped of the whip so not our problem any more, it's up to her. 

9 minutes ago, sawadee1947 said:

Look through all my comments to your posts. I'm not your nurse. 

I looked back through your posts before and again just now - there is nothing there concerning EU regulations regarding the exit. If I ever need a nurse I'm happy it won't be you.  

1 hour ago, nauseus said:

I looked back through your posts before and again just now - there is nothing there concerning EU regulations regarding the exit. If I ever need a nurse I'm happy it won't be you.  

Right, I think you need a Guide Dog and a white cane. 

15 hours ago, Loiner said:

No. I am not calling for anybody to be sacked, as you may have interpreted from my posts regarding Dominic Cummings some months ago.  I don't think it's a sacking offence, but you do. If the rozzers had been quick enough, instead of blockading beaches and harassing ramblers, they could have given him a 200 quid ticket and job done.

It was your baying and howling mob who was calling for Cummings head on a sanctimonious leftist platter, but is now strangely subdued about your SNP day tripper. Your duplicitous SNP leaders have washed their hands of her, with the lame excuse that she's been stripped of the whip so not our problem any more, it's up to her. 

You would be screaming like a 12 year girl old at a Justin Bieber concert if the SNP had not thrown her out of the party. There is not a lot else the party can do. It is almost impossible to get an MP sacked. Basically you have to wait till the next election and hope they get voted out.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/archives/news/774841/so-how-do-you-get-sacked-as-an-mp/

But of course you are claiming she should not be sacked so what do YOU think the SNP should have done?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

You would be screaming like a 12 year girl old at a Justin Bieber concert if the SNP had not thrown her out of the party. There is not a lot else the party can do. It is almost impossible to get an MP sacked. Basically you have to wait till the next election and hope they get voted out.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/archives/news/774841/so-how-do-you-get-sacked-as-an-mp/

But of course you are claiming she should not be sacked so what do YOU think the SNP should have done?

jumped up and down and waved their knickers in the air?

7 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

Isn't it fortunate for Wee Burney that the SNP can't actually sack her, and she's still there as an MP who will no doubt be still voting the same as the SNP. She won't jack an 82 grand++ salary without a fight and the SNP won't care too much.

A little bit more sincerity from the SNP would have been nice, plus the same level of vitriol against her as the massed howlers made about Dominic Cummings. 

1 hour ago, Loiner said:

Isn't it fortunate for Wee Burney that the SNP can't actually sack her, and she's still there as an MP who will no doubt be still voting the same as the SNP. She won't jack an 82 grand++ salary without a fight and the SNP won't care too much.

A little bit more sincerity from the SNP would have been nice, plus the same level of vitriol against her as the massed howlers made about Dominic Cummings. 

Here we go again.

So what do YOU think the SNP should have done with her?

She has been roundly criticised by the SNP leadership and thrown out of the party. What else should the SNP do?

14 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Here we go again.

So what do YOU think the SNP should have done with her?

She has been roundly criticised by the SNP leadership and thrown out of the party. What else should the SNP do?

Well they could try some more smug hand wringing, while laughing down their sleeves, couldn't they?

1 hour ago, Loiner said:

When has a Scottish MP's vote ever made a difference in the English parliament, unless he was a sniveling, spineless member of the Nasty Party? 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

When has a Scottish MP's vote ever made a difference in the English parliament, unless he was a sniveling, spineless member of the Nasty Party? 

Where is this English parliament of which you speak? Methinks you are mistaken with the United Kingdom parliament, which has 59 of them lounging around, of which 47 were your SNP. Every time over the past few years when they have voted against the government to defeat a government would be some of the differences.

What about the time Labour shipped in tag-wearing jailbird Fiona Onasanya to defeat the government on a Cooper-Letwin amendment? The whole of the SNP MPs made all the difference to frustrate Brexit that night.     

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Where is this English parliament of which you speak? Methinks you are mistaken with the United Kingdom parliament, which has 59 of them lounging around, of which 47 were your SNP. Every time over the past few years when they have voted against the government to defeat a government would be some of the differences.

What about the time Labour shipped in tag-wearing jailbird Fiona Onasanya to defeat the government on a Cooper-Letwin amendment? The whole of the SNP MPs made all the difference to frustrate Brexit that night.     

How did the ERG, Johnson and Gove vote on that bill?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Loiner said:

Well they could try some more smug hand wringing, while laughing down their sleeves, couldn't they?

Right I will take that as a "I dont know what else the SNP should have done but SNP BAD anyway".

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

How did the ERG, Johnson and Gove vote on that bill?

With the government. They were not any of the 14 Tory Remainer rebels. 
If it were not for the 40 odd SNP votes, Cooper-Letwin would have been beaten by the government.

27 minutes ago, Loiner said:

If they were effective we would not be in this disaster scenario where the entire world is both laughing at our collective stupidity for voting for Brexit, and the incompetence of the utterly feckless government we elected, and rubbing their hands in glee while circling like vultures as we flail about in our country's death throes, ready to swoop in and steal anything worth stealing - a bit like the history of the British Empire, I guess. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Loiner said:

With the government. They were not any of the 14 Tory Remainer rebels. 
If it were not for the 40 odd SNP votes, Cooper-Letwin would have been beaten by the government.

So the problem was the 14 Conservative MP's then?

And the 8 Labour MP's who defied the whip and voted with the Conservatives?

The bill was passed by one vote but in your eyes it was the SNP wot dun it. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

If they were effective we would not be in this disaster scenario where the entire world is both laughing at our collective stupidity for voting for Brexit, and the incompetence of the utterly feckless government we elected, and rubbing their hands in glee while circling like vultures as we flail about in our country's death throes, ready to swoop in and steal anything worth stealing - a bit like the history of the British Empire, I guess. 

Yeah, whatever. The whole world laughing is bit of an exaggeration isn't it? Don't you include any of the Remainers, all the Scotch Nationalists and all the Euros in your entire world? They are not laughing, but maybe when they stopped wailing their grinding of teeth looks like a grimmace. 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

So the problem was the 14 Conservative MP's then?

And the 8 Labour MP's who defied the whip and voted with the Conservatives?

The bill was passed by one vote but in your eyes it was the SNP wot dun it. 

They couldn't have done it without you.....or tag-wearing jailbird Fiona Onasanya shipped in specially for the Brexit blocking vote.

30 minutes ago, Loiner said:

They couldn't have done it without you.....or tag-wearing jailbird Fiona Onasanya shipped in specially for the Brexit blocking vote.

Right so the vote would have failed if the 14 Conservatives had not rebelled but its the SNP's fault for voting.

OK.

Are the any other situations where you feel a parties MP's should not be voting or is it just the SNP ones you object to?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Yeah, whatever. The whole world laughing is bit of an exaggeration isn't it? Don't you include any of the Remainers, all the Scotch Nationalists and all the Euros in your entire world? They are not laughing, but maybe when they stopped wailing their grinding of teeth looks like a grimmace. 

Of course we aren't laughing. Would you be laughing if your neighbours were trashing your house?

Edited by RuamRudy
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, Loiner said:

I see little Mark Francois voted by proxy on the UK single market bill last week. Poor guy seems to be suffering from a serious ailment that is keeping him out of the public eye. In other news, an SNP MP currently under cancer treatment was not considered ill enough to qualify for a proxy vote. How does that work?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

46 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Right so the vote would have failed if the 14 Conservatives had not rebelled but its the SNP's fault for voting.

OK.

Are the any other situations where you feel a parties MP's should not be voting or is it just the SNP ones you object to?

The question from the other half of the Scotch tag team was when has a Scottish MP's vote ever made a difference? 
My answer is all the time, and I gave an example where Scottish SNP MPs voted against the government and crucially defeated it by one vote. Do you need more, because if you do you can go look for them yourself.

SNP is making far more difference in the commons than it is actually worth.

On 10/6/2020 at 11:49 AM, Rookiescot said:

Right I will take that as a "I dont know what else the SNP should have done but SNP BAD anyway".

Well she still hasn't gone has she. Even after Wee Burney's Pontius Pilot impression she's still hanging on, while the SNP are laughing all the way to the ballot box. Note heard much recently from the lefty mob who wanted to hang him high when chasing Dominic Cummings.

image.png.dcb4c229e8edb9dfb7221c3b53b9b14c.png

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/12898828/margaret-ferrier-mp-snp-coronavirus-blip-guidelines/ 

3 hours ago, Loiner said:

Well she still hasn't gone has she. Even after Wee Burney's Pontius Pilot impression she's still hanging on, while the SNP are laughing all the way to the ballot box

She has been suspended by the party; but they cannot eject her from Parliament.

From today's Guardian:

Nicola Sturgeon, the SNP leader and Scotland’s first minister, told Sophy Ridge on Sky on Sunday morning she continued to believe Ferrier should step down: “I’ve read her comments in the media today but I still hope she will do the right thing,” she said.......

......Asked on Sky why Ferrier had not been expelled from the SNP, Sturgeon said that “due process” was necessary.......

.......it is unacceptable that somebody in her position flagrantly disregarded the rules like that and I cannot be clearer about that. It is not acceptable and she should resign.”.....

......Ferrier has referred herself to the Commons standards commissioner. If the standards investigation results in suspension from the house for 10 days or more, this would trigger a recall petition, which would allow her constituents to decide whether they want a byelection.

3 hours ago, Loiner said:

Note heard much recently from the lefty mob who wanted to hang him high when chasing Dominic Cummings.

Of course not; when your sources are the Sun and the Express!

Cummings broke the rules and should have resigned and as he wouldn't, been sacked; ditto for Ferrier. The only difference between them is that she doesn't have the Prime Minister as a lackey. So she can't get away with feeble excuses in the garden of Number 10. Instead her fate is in the hands of the Commons standards commissioner and then her constituents.

Edited by 7by7
typos
  • Like 2