EU launches legal case against UK over Internal Market Bill

snoop1130

1 hour ago, 7by7 said:

She has been suspended by the party; but they cannot eject her from Parliament.

From today's Guardian:

Of course not; when your sources are the Sun and the Express!

Cummings broke the rules and should have resigned and as he wouldn't, been sacked; ditto for Ferrier. The only difference between them is that she doesn't have the Prime Minister as a lackey. So she can't get away with feeble excuses in the garden of Number 10. Instead her fate is in the hands of the Commons standards commissioner and then her constituents.

Why doesn’t the scotch equivalent of Tokyo Rose simply resign? Is it because she’s in opposition and was SNP? Two faced Remainers are always twisting the rules to suit themselves. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Why doesn’t the scotch equivalent of Tokyo Rose simply resign? Is it because she’s in opposition and was SNP? Two faced Remainers are always twisting the rules to suit themselves. 

Think you are confused mate.

Have you seen anyone on here defend her or her actions?

You on the other hand stalwartly defend Cummins.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Loiner said:

Who is 'the scotch (sic) equivalent of Tokyo Rose' and why should she resign?

As for Ferrier; I suggest that you ask her. I've already said that I think she should resign.

14 minutes ago, Loiner said:

So why is she still there mate?

I repeat the explanation from the Guardian I quoted earlier: "Ferrier has referred herself to the Commons standards commissioner. If the standards investigation results in suspension from the house for 10 days or more, this would trigger a recall petition, which would allow her constituents to decide whether they want a byelection."

What is it about that which you don't understand?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

Who is 'the scotch (sic) equivalent of Tokyo Rose' and why should she resign?

As for Ferrier; I suggest that you ask her. I've already said that I think she should resign.

I repeat the explanation from the Guardian I quoted earlier: "Ferrier has referred herself to the Commons standards commissioner. If the standards investigation results in suspension from the house for 10 days or more, this would trigger a recall petition, which would allow her constituents to decide whether they want a byelection."

What is it about that which you don't understand?

If it is such an outrageous Remainer requirement for sacking, why has she not already sacked herself? Double standards for Remainers and scotch ex-SNP MPs?

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Loiner said:

If it is such an outrageous Remainer requirement for sacking, why has she not already sacked herself? Double standards for Remainers and scotch ex-SNP MPs?

Sturgeon has suspended Ferrier from the SNP and said she should resign.

Ian Blackford has said that Ferrier should resign.

Ferrier's SNP constituency association has written to her to tell her they believe she should do what they call 'the honourable thing' and resign.

Indeed, the only person who says she shouldn't resign is Ferrier herself!

Why? No idea, I'm not privy to her reasoning. She suffers from the same 'I am above the rules which apply to the ordinary proles' arrogance as Cummings, perhaps.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Loiner said:

So why is she still there mate?

Oddly enough it is very difficult to get an MP sacked. 

The mechanism to do so is convoluted and lengthy. However it is my understand that the process has been started in Westminster so we will have to wait and see what the results bring.

The procedure for sacking an advisor is far simpler. So why is Cummins still there? 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, 7by7 said:

Sturgeon has suspended Ferrier from the SNP and said she should resign.

Ian Blackford has said that Ferrier should resign.

Ferrier's SNP constituency association has written to her to tell her they believe she should do what they call 'the honourable thing' and resign.

Indeed, the only person who says she shouldn't resign is Ferrier herself!

Why? No idea, I'm not privy to her reasoning. She suffers from the same 'I am above the rules which apply to the ordinary proles' arrogance as Cummings, perhaps.

So why hasn't Ferrier resigned? Hypocrisy of the first order from a now ex-SNP MP.

Here's what she said about Dominic Cummings:

Ms Ferrier said: “Dominic Cummings’ actions have undermined the sacrifices that we have all been making in lockdown to protect each other from coronavirus. His position is untenable and he must be removed from his post now. 

“The fact that Boris Johnson and senior Tories have backed Dominic Cummings, in the face of widespread and understandable public anger, demonstrates a total failure of leadership at a time of national crisis."

“The public health advice is crystal clear. For the safety of others, anyone with coronavirus symptoms must self-isolate, in line with government guidance. They should not leave the house for any reason."

Actually, it's what we have come to expect from the SNP, Leftist politicians and Remainers generally. Double standards, deceit, lying, cheating and utter contempt for the masses.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Loiner said:

So why hasn't Ferrier resigned? Hypocrisy of the first order from a now ex-SNP MP.

Ms Ferrier said: “Dominic Cummings’ actions have undermined the sacrifices that we have all been making in lockdown to protect each other from coronavirus. His position is untenable and he must be removed from his post now. 

“The fact that Boris Johnson and senior Tories have backed Dominic Cummings, in the face of widespread and understandable public anger, demonstrates a total failure of leadership at a time of national crisis."

“The public health advice is crystal clear. For the safety of others, anyone with coronavirus symptoms must self-isolate, in line with government guidance. They should not leave the house for any reason."

Actually, it's what we have come to expect from the SNP, Leftist politicians and Remainers generally. Double standards, deceit, lying, cheating and utter contempt for the masses.  

I agree. She should be sacked.

Now how do you suggest we go about achieving that? 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Go ask her. Oh and ask Cummins why he didnt resign as well.

You really need to let this go.

It is not a panacea against independence. 

I don't need to ask her why she hasn't resigned, as I already know that she's a two faced SNP Leftist Remainer and it's what they do.

I don't think it's a sacking offence, but she does and all you SNP leftist Remainers thought it was when you were howling about Dominic Cummings. Now she won't even resign herself.
I'm with Dominic, it's not a big deal and he didn't call for anybody to be sacked or resign. It's all about what the standards you want those in opposition to keep to.

3 minutes ago, Loiner said:

I don't need to ask her why she hasn't resigned, as I already know that she's a two faced SNP Leftist Remainer and it's what they do.

I don't think it's a sacking offence, but she does and all you SNP leftist Remainers thought it was when you were howling about Dominic Cummings. Now she won't even resign herself.
I'm with Dominic, it's not a big deal and he didn't call for anybody to be sacked or resign. It's all about what the standards you want those in opposition to keep to.

OK so why were you calling on her to resign if its not a resigning matter?

Oh thats right. After it was pointed out that Cummins refused to resign you have now decided its not that big a deal really.

And you accuse others of hypocrisy. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rookiescot said:

OK so why were you calling on her to resign if its not a resigning matter?

Oh thats right. After it was pointed out that Cummins refused to resign you have now decided its not that big a deal really.

And you accuse others of hypocrisy. 

No. Ferrier the ex-SNP MP Leftist and Remainer is the hypocrite. She is the who called for Cummings to be sacked. Now she won’t even resign after committing the same offence. 

I’ve always thought it was not a big deal. If if she had said that Dominic’s trip was no biggie or kept her gob shut, she wouldn’t have to commit harikiri. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Loiner said:

No. Ferrier the ex-SNP MP Leftist and Remainer is the hypocrite. She is the who called for Cummings to be sacked. Now she won’t even resign after committing the same offence. 

I’ve always thought it was not a big deal. If if she had said that Dominic’s trip was no biggie or kept her gob shut, she wouldn’t have to commit harikiri. 

You were demanding to know why the SNP had not sacked her as an MP only two pages back in this very thread.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

You were demanding to know why the SNP had not sacked her as an MP only two pages back in this very thread.

Because the SNP thought it was a sacking offence for Cummings, they have to do the same for her. 

6 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Because the SNP thought it was a sacking offence for Cummings, they have to do the same for her. 

They have done everything they can as explained to you but your faux outrage seems to have blinded you to this fact.

As I said removing an MP is not easy. Which is entirely in keeping with the corruption and self protection Westminster surrounds itself with.

But you are not complaining about that. What you are complaining about is just SNP bad nonsense.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, vogie said:

It's looking like the SNP orchestrated it all, so no surprise there then.

IMG_20201012_182826.jpg

But I thought Ferrier was a bad person?

Now you are holding her aloft as a pillar of virtue whos every claim is to be believed? 

• Like 2

But I thought Ferrier was a bad person?

Now you are holding her aloft as a pillar of virtue whos every claim is to be believed? 

It would appear that the whole barrel of apples is rotten.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

They have done everything they can as explained to you but your faux outrage seems to have blinded you to this fact.

As I said removing an MP is not easy. Which is entirely in keeping with the corruption and self protection Westminster surrounds itself with.

But you are not complaining about that. What you are complaining about is just SNP bad nonsense.  

No faux outrage here, that’s a very SNP Leftist Remainer thing. 

She has to resign herself. She cannot join the Cummings witch hunt, then travel herself. It’s just another example of the SNP Leftist Remainer hypocrisy. 

• Like 1

And you cannot come on here with your faux outrage demanding she be sacked while defending Cummings.

In my opinion they should both be gone. What kind of example to the public is it to ask they all obey the rules while Westminster does not. 

How many times do I have to repeat myself. The SNP want her gone. They have done everything they can. 

So no hypocrisy there.

But from you Brexiteers? Plenty of it.  

She is SNP regardless of their recent attempts at whitewashing. She has got to sack herself, because she called for it for Cummings. 

9 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

Oddly enough it is very difficult to get an MP sacked. 

The mechanism to do so is convoluted and lengthy. However it is my understand that the process has been started in Westminster so we will have to wait and see what the results bring.

The procedure for sacking an advisor is far simpler. So why is Cummins still there? 

Cummings (it’s not Cummins) behavior was not even in the same league as this SNP hypocrite. It’s not a valid comparison. Apples and oranges.

He didn’t have a positive test result and he didn’t take public transport so maybe that’s why.

7 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Cummings (it’s not Cummins) behavior was not even in the same league as this SNP hypocrite. It’s not a valid comparison. Apples and oranges.

He didn’t have a positive test result and he didn’t take public transport so maybe that’s why.

Aye on another site I post in his proper name gets picked up by the profanity filter so everyone uses his slightly shortened name. Its a habit I have got into. Its not meant as any form of insult.

He didnt take a test therefor had no test result. At least not one which has been publicly exposed. 

However he did state in his Rose Garden Address that he "probably" had it and indeed needed to drive to public venues in order to test his eyesight.

So we are to believe that in that drive from London to Durham he never had to stop for fuel. Never had to use public conveniences (remember his kid was in the car) and never stopped for food or indeed just to stretch his legs.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Loiner said:

As every one in the SNP from Sturgeon, through Blackford to Ferrier's constituency party have condemned Ferrier and called upon her to resign; how you can accuse the SNP of hypocrisy is beyond any rational explanation!

The same for your remarks about so called 'Leftist politicians' and Remainers.

Ferrier has been roundly condemned from all sides of the political spectrum, by both Brexiteers and Remainers.

I challenge you to find and present evidence of just one person who supports her refusal to resign.

Actually I know of one: Margaret Ferrier: Downing St refuses to say shamed MP should resign

Downing Street has refused to call for Covid-positive MP (M)argaret Ferrier to resign, despite widespread condemnattion(sic) of her actions.

A spokesman for Number 10 said that it was vital people followed the rules but would not go as far as to say she should quit her post. 

Hardly surprising, though; considering the Prime Minister's support of and refusal to sack Cummings when he did the same thing.

• Like 1