EU launches legal case against UK over Internal Market Bill

snoop1130

2 hours ago, Loiner said:

No confusion. Will she resign? Why hasn’t she done so already?

You and MSM were all up in arms about Cummings and still are. Why not so much about her?

You all decided it’s a sackable offence (or resignation) but the Tories didn’t. You could, but won’t, have a witch hunt for her, but the Tories don’t need to for one their own. 

Differen strokes for differen folks. 

Oh there is a witch hunt all right. Have a look at the  Scottish media.

The fact is she has been told to resign by Scotlands first minister. She has had the SNP whip withdrawn so effectively is no longer a member of the party.

Now compare and contrast with the actions of the Westminster parties over their guys breaking the rules.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/2/2020 at 2:20 PM, sawadee1947 said:

Another stupid comment. 

There are rules for an exit. Your membership ends at the end of this year. Up to the 31. 12. You have to follow EU regulations. 

It doesn't matter if you don't like it. 

Wrong. There are no rules past A50 except the 2 year process. Your 'rules' have been set out from day 1 by the EU - not the UK - these were accepted by May but that acceptance itself is not in the 'rules'. 

On 10/2/2020 at 2:20 PM, sawadee1947 said:

Another stupid comment. 

There are rules for an exit. Your membership ends at the end of this year. Up to the 31. 12. You have to follow EU regulations. 

It doesn't matter if you don't like it. 

EU regulations are nothing to do with any exit rules.

On 10/2/2020 at 5:17 PM, welovesundaysatspace said:

Four more years after 31 Dec 2020. Average time for such disputes is 35 months. You do the math. 

If they do act at all, the ECJ will move on this much faster than the average bear.

( So...., kicking the can a bit further , nothing new ....???? unless another U-turn "saving face "for Boris , as his deadline as of 15 october now extended with a..... month ????....tough deadline guy indeed...????..)

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/oct/03/johnson-and-von-der-leyen-extend-brexit-talks-by-a-month

Johnson and Von der Leyen extend Brexit talks by a month 
UK and EU leaders instruct chief negotiators to work harder to close gaps on deal

Daniel Boffey in Brussels
Sat 3 Oct 2020 16.12 BST 

Boris Johnson and Ursula von der Leyen have approved a further month of Brexit negotiations after agreeing that enough progress has been made to justify a last push to reach a deal on trade and security.

The EU’s chief negotiator, Michel Barnier, will travel to London this week for talks with his British counterpart, David Frost, and the two sides will then hold follow-up talks in Brussels the week after.

The fresh rounds were agreed after a phone call on Saturday afternoon between the British prime minister and European commission president. EU sources said the conversation was “not a game-changer” but not “unhelpful”, with both sides showing resolve to find “landing zones” on the most difficult areas.

more...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, nauseus said:

Wrong. There are no rules past A50 except the 2 year process. Your 'rules' have been set out from day 1 by the EU - not the UK - these were accepted by May but that acceptance itself is not in the 'rules'. 

There is a Lisbon Treaty. Have a look. 

1 hour ago, CG1 Blue said:

It's all very well throwing around accusations about the Tories, and I don't deny there have been some wrongdoings. 

But how can you blindly overlook the toxicity in your much smaller government that you're putting all your faith in?

Finance minister Derek MacKay grooming a 16 year old boy. Your former leader Alex Salmond's mucky exploits, and accusations that Sturgeon and co are obstructing that investigation.  SNP MP Michelle Thomson and the mortgage fraud case that was conveniently dropped. Mark McDonald the former child care minister who resigned over inappropriate behaviour. 

All the misuse of finance accusations that won't go away, and the world beating care home covid death rates. But if they can get you independence, to hell with their integrity and competence right? 

If you do get your independence I hope for your sakes you get shot of that lot straight after. 

get shot of that lot?you must be joking,they,ll be too busy dancing to the tune barnier decides to whistle.300 years of english occupation,they get their independence and the first thing they,re going to do is go crawling to the eu to ask if they will be as kind enough to admit them back,you couldn,t make it up.

Edited by kingdong
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, bannork said:

He had spent the previous 2 weeks mainly in bed due to the virus.

His notorious drive to Blarney Castle was due to poor eyesight because of Covid 19, he claimed. A side-effect previously unknown to doctors though Johnson claimed the same affliction due to Covid so it must be true.

if he,d spent the last two weeks mainly in bed surely that was the end of his two weeks isolation,?as for his "poor eyesight" perhaps that was a by-product of two weeks in bed and having to make his own entertainment.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, kingdong said:

if he,d spent the last two weeks mainly in bed surely that was the end of his two weeks isolation,?as for his "poor eyesight" perhaps that was a by-product of two weeks in bed and having to make his own entertainment.

You're right! Being alone, he was turning Japanese and lo and behold, an FTA was signed with Japan a few weeks later

• Haha 1

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/12838756/dominic-raab-britain-brussels-brexit-deal/

DOMINIC Raab has vowed Britain will no longer be "held over a barrel by Brussels" as the UK and EU agree to work for a Brexit deal.

Downing Street has confirmed that both sides will "work intensively" to resolve the differences in the Brexit trade talks.

However, Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab took a tougher approach in his virtual Conservative Party conference speech.

He said the European Union no longer has the power to treat Britain poorly, and any deal on its future relationship with the bloc must be fair.

Raab told Tory members the "days of being held over a barrel by Brussels are long gone."

He added: "Under the Conservatives, there is no question: our Government will control our fisheries, our Parliament will pass our laws and our courts will judge them."

The final scheduled round of talks between Brussels and the UK is set to happen this week.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, 3NUMBAS said:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/12838756/dominic-raab-britain-brussels-brexit-deal/

DOMINIC Raab has vowed Britain will no longer be "held over a barrel by Brussels" as the UK and EU agree to work for a Brexit deal.

Downing Street has confirmed that both sides will "work intensively" to resolve the differences in the Brexit trade talks.

However, Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab took a tougher approach in his virtual Conservative Party conference speech.

He said the European Union no longer has the power to treat Britain poorly, and any deal on its future relationship with the bloc must be fair.

Raab told Tory members the "days of being held over a barrel by Brussels are long gone."

He added: "Under the Conservatives, there is no question: our Government will control our fisheries, our Parliament will pass our laws and our courts will judge them."

The final scheduled round of talks between Brussels and the UK is set to happen this week.

Bit out of date that isn't it?

Johnson has already been on the phone to the EU begging for an extension to the talks ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

I know its an alien concept for you but remember Scotland voted to remain in the EU by a huge majority.

We like being in the EU.

Just because you dont like it does not mean its the wrong thing to do.

i,m sure scotland did vote to remain in the eu as it was recieving grants from it,these however were a fraction of what the U.K. paid in,simple arithmetic....you don,t get owt for nowt lad.so never mind " we,ll accept a deal thats good for scotland "do you really believe the eu will do scotland any favours? they,ll shaft you without vaseline as a lesson to any other little banana republic who may have the temerity to want to leave,you and tat have one thing in common you simply can,t grasp that all you,re hoding is an empty bag.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

Oh there is a witch hunt all right. Have a look at the  Scottish media.

The fact is she has been told to resign by Scotlands first minister. She has had the SNP whip withdrawn so effectively is no longer a member of the party.

Now compare and contrast with the actions of the Westminster parties over their guys breaking the rules.

A highland only witch hunt does not compare to the massed bands of the lefty army moaning about Cummings. I think there was probably more faux outrage in TVF than the Scottish media. 

Spin and deception for public consumption from Wee Burney by expelling her from the party, then SNP can't be responsible for her actions.  Confirmed by Blackford who told BBC Radio Scotland: 'She has to reflect on the circumstances that she is now in. 'I would say to her that her position isn't tenable, given the circumstances that we're in, and she has to accept her own responsibilities of what she must do. I can't force that upon her, she is no longer an SNP MP.'

I bet she still sits with the SNP and votes the same as the SNP whip though.

Utter Scotch hypocrisy compared to the Tory position of it not being a biggie enough for sacking. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Loiner said:

A highland only witch hunt does not compare to the massed bands of the lefty army moaning about Cummings. I think there was probably more faux outrage in TVF than the Scottish media. 

Spin and deception for public consumption from Wee Burney by expelling her from the party, then SNP can't be responsible for her actions.  Confirmed by Blackford who told BBC Radio Scotland: 'She has to reflect on the circumstances that she is now in. 'I would say to her that her position isn't tenable, given the circumstances that we're in, and she has to accept her own responsibilities of what she must do. I can't force that upon her, she is no longer an SNP MP.'

I bet she still sits with the SNP and votes the same as the SNP whip though.

Utter Scotch hypocrisy compared to the Tory position of it not being a biggie enough for sacking. 

So you are calling for a Scottish MP be sacked but at the same time claiming the Conservatives did the right thing with Cummins by not sacking him ????

• Like 2

19 hours ago, kingdong said:

i,m sure scotland did vote to remain in the eu as it was recieving grants from it,these however were a fraction of what the U.K. paid in,simple arithmetic....you don,t get owt for nowt lad.so never mind " we,ll accept a deal thats good for scotland "do you really believe the eu will do scotland any favours? they,ll shaft you without vaseline as a lesson to any other little banana republic who may have the temerity to want to leave,you and tat have one thing in common you simply can,t grasp that all you,re hoding is an empty bag.

Are you OK?

51 minutes ago, nauseus said:

A confirmed don't know. As expected.

If you got a lack of ability to read and to understand..... what shall I do with you? 

I gave you the source where you find all details concerning EU laws and regulations but you don't want to accept what you UK once signed. 

Wow anybody can discuss seriously with such ignorant and resilient people like you? 

Mission impossible mate. 

Don't answer..... it makes it only more desasterous for you. 

Good day. 

8 minutes ago, sawadee1947 said:

If you got a lack of ability to read and to understand..... what shall I do with you? 

I gave you the source where you find all details concerning EU laws and regulations but you don't want to accept what you UK once signed. 

Wow anybody can discuss seriously with such ignorant and resilient people like you? 

Mission impossible mate. 

Don't answer..... it makes it only more desasterous for you. 

Good day. 

OK. Tell me what the post number is of yours that contains this 'source'?