Stop quarantine for foreign tourists in December, demands ATTA chief - wants Thailand open to 100,000

webfact

Why didn't he say his ATTA would  pay the salaries of all the contact tracers who will be busy like bees.    He states cases are declining but not in my state.  We are at record high new cases.   Spewing lies and expressing  greed isn't going to go over well with the thai people who don't work in tourism  and are enjoying life and feeling somewhat secure.  They are practicing social distancing and face masks but have been shown buy  top dogs and news and protests that western foreigners dont wear masks.   And they disliked Chinese tourists before.   I think thai people are enjoying their country without tourism.   Let tourism die.  

Edited by Elkski
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

This guy is a nobody.  

Indeed, China would never allow its citizens to come to Thailand and back to China and shut down its economy.  It's said it in a round about way, a face saving way, and that's the way it will be.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sametboy2019 said:

If that was the case then why didnt it rip through Thailand before when Wuhan people were visiting until mid March, almost 4 months after the first case in Wuhan.

The virus is burning out. UK numbers are going up but deaths and hospitalization are down. Sweden didnt have a lockdown and they are through it. Wear a mask, wash your hands and dont get too close to people. Its not the black death. There was a TB outbreak in 2015 and 1.5 million people died. Anybody remember that? No cause it wasnt rammed down your throat everyday. TB is highly contagious and yet almost nobody knows about this outbreak in 2015.

Approx 1.5M people die of TB each year....there was nothing special about 2015.   TB is like many other diseases such as cancer and heart disease that kill a consistent number of people each year.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4927938/

Tuberculosis (TB) is a leading cause of morbidity and mortality worldwide, accounting for about 9.6 million new cases and 1.5 million deaths annually.

https://www.who.int/tb/publications/global_report/tb19_Exec_Sum_12Nov2019.pdf

Globally, an estimated 10.0 million (range, 9.0–11.1 million)2 people fell ill with TB in 2018, a number that has been relatively stable in recent years. The burden of disease varies enormously among countries, from fewer than five to more than 500 new cases per 100 000 population per year, with the global average being around 130. There were an estimated 1.2million (range, 1.1–1.3 million) TB deaths among HIV-negative people in 2018 (a 27% reduction from 1.7 million in 2000)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, charmonman said:

You have no idea what you are talking about. Flu cases are down because the same precautions that have been taken to prevent the spread of COVID-19 are obviously also effective against the spread of seasonal flu. By the way Trump just announced that he and Melanie have COVID-19.

Very sorry about your Alzheimer’s. Are you sure that’s the problem?

Flu cases are not down this year. I looked it up a week ago, and the number of deaths with flu was 351,000. Comparably, the number of deaths with corona was 950,000. On average around half a million die with flu a year, so this year is no exception. 

"no quarantine in December when we expect 100,000 foreigners to want to come for 5-7 days."

Has any tourist ever come to Thailand for 5-7 days?? Chinese tourists stays maybe 10-14 days when they're coming on those group tours where everything is pre-arranged. 

9 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

"no quarantine in December when we expect 100,000 foreigners to want to come for 5-7 days."

Has any tourist ever come to Thailand for 5-7 days?? Chinese tourists stays maybe 10-14 days when they're coming on those group tours where everything is pre-arranged. 

My friend came to Thailand for 5 to 7 girls a day when they were still affordable 20 years ago. Haa reu for 24/7. 

4 hours ago, mike1967 said:

Your English is very good for a Thai.

I am a business owner. 

Businesses with the exception of those involved in tourism are just getting back to normal. 

Another outbreak resulting in further lockdowns and restrictions placed on businesses and industry would hurt the economy far more and affect many more people than the current unfortunate situation.

In addition, I don't want to catch COVID-19 from foreigners coming into the country from places that have totally and utterly failed to deal with the crisis, nor do I want my family, friends and employees to catch it either.

So to all the sex-tourists and other selfish tourists stuck back home wanting Thailand to open up so they can come on a jolly, suck it up, because it ain't happening.

Perhaps this selfish attitude is exactly why countries like the US and UK have no hope of controlling the virus?

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

Thailand, like many tourism dependent places, caught between a rock and hard place, and add a greedy corrupt system ......the majority of its people will continue to suffer for many many more months. Many Farangs who have enough to live in Thailand seem to blind to this difficult situation, and like spectators are experts in giving their opinions to the players in the field.

• Like 1