Stop quarantine for foreign tourists in December, demands ATTA chief - wants Thailand open to 100,000

webfact

2 minutes ago, scorecard said:

And how will all of that effect arrival in Thailand of foreigners who have families etc., here? Will they still have to do 14 d quarantine etc?

I suppose if you reroute your entry point from China, come here for 5-7 days and spend 50,000 baht as they are predicting as the Chinese will, then I don't see why you would have to quarantine while the disease spreads to the rest of Thailand ????

• Like 2

The 2 weeks ASQ is a burden, and I personally think it's too extreme.  How about test on arrival, test again in 3 days - if both are clear then let you go.  Pay in advance for 3 days, if you test positive then you pay for the treatment etc. Show funds/insurance as part of the pre-travel requirements.

I understand that it may take 7-14 days to show symptoms, but we need to live with this virus and manage it pragmatically.

2 minutes ago, Flying Saucage said:

The chief of Thailand's Association of Thai Travel Agents

That title says all you need to know. He no doubt has his own business and is trying to look after his members.

Reading between the lines, the tourists wont be allowed much, if any, independence under his suggested model, and who will be arranging their tours and travel within Thailand?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Flying Saucage said:

There are many powerful people in the Thai elite who lose a lot of money due to Prayuts biased approach. Hardly any testing, claiming zero active cases, isolating the country and ruining the industry.

LOL

The reason for less testing is due to less cases of Covid . You would not go and get tested for Covid is you did not have any symptoms in the first place.
More testing is carried out in the west because of more Covid cases!

• Like 1

I think its a damned good idea, Thailand is run by the Chinese for the Chinese, so therefore let the Chinese be the first guinea pigs. I have always thought that Thailand is rife with asymptomatic Covid and this is an excellent way to find out and test the water. It all just depends on how willing China is willing to throw Thailand to the wolves once its citizens start returning infected, or if they will just cover it all up?

I see on the news a 15min test on test & entry to USA & surely they can do departures, its still a risk as the virus might no show itself for days, most expats are in the vulnerable group regarding age especially, to we take into account the recovery rate ratio, which globally is higher then most illnesses, road deaths kills 1000's here, in relation to deaths, if it was to spread a massive infection, hold the flood gates closed, but is it as vulnerable as what governments say, its that who's telling the true, but zero covid Thailand's doing something correct