Stop quarantine for foreign tourists in December, demands ATTA chief - wants Thailand open to 100,000

webfact

4 hours ago, Elkski said:

Why didn't he say his ATTA would  pay the salaries of all the contact tracers who will be busy like bees.    He states cases are declining but not in my state.  We are at record high new cases.   Spewing lies and expressing  greed isn't going to go over well with the thai people who don't work in tourism  and are enjoying life and feeling somewhat secure.  They are practicing social distancing and face masks but have been shown buy  top dogs and news and protests that western foreigners dont wear masks.   And they disliked Chinese tourists before.   I think thai people are enjoying their country without tourism.   Let tourism die.  

That's an interesting scenario you paint.

You are not a white/westerner then?

The bulk of Thais whom you claim are enjoying this zero Western tourism are usually the arrogant/rich/conservative types.

This whole thing doesn't effect them, and although they generally disliked/distrusted westerners, they are hardly a threat to the average farang walking the soi..

The other groups however,

the 80%,

(including tourist industry workers) 

who will soon be a mix of uneducated, very poor, unemployed, bitter, desperate, angry, hungry, drunk on Lao Khao or drugged up on Yah bah..

and of course .. BROKE

Well, they certainly never liked farangs at all either, just tolerated them for money and and income.

And what when these lot are desperate and wondering the sois in gangs??

There will be buออer all foriengners around (due to your excellent zero tourism scenario) 

except for your good self..

So..Guess whos gonna be the one sticking out like dogs baใใs then..???

Indoctrinated by anti farang hate, calling farangs dirty and the soul blame for Covid...

I wonder who they are gonna turn on???

I think you should be careful what you wish for fella.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, captpkapoor said:

We are a retired couple with a hugely expensive condo for the last 7 years, with valid Non-O re-entry visas, stuck outside Thailand. Having sold our main residence a couple of years back, now forced to stay with the kids in our country since March. We're not tourists, we just want to return to our home and car. Absolutely no response from the local Thai embassy here.

I have the same problem as you,I visited my elderly Mother 7 months ago and can not return home.

26 minutes ago, DavisH said:

The Chinese are commies in name only... let's take their money, I say. https://www.usnews.com/opinion/blogs/world-report/2013/04/30/chinas-communist-billionaires

Sorry.. You are way-way off of what their leadership is going after!? They are like Star Wars and using the Death Star under their Imperial Regime. Match em up is the same..  Please educate your self before talking about ....???? or ......

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

1.3 to 1.5 million die on the roads in the world each year, but travelling on the roads had not been banned, nor has walking near the roads ! And no country - not even disastrous thailand - has shut their economy for death figures 4-500 times worse than covid figures!

Aye,

And what of all the world wars,

even just counting those in the 20th century??

Must have been in Millions those who died horrible deaths..

We didnt care so much about the loss of life THEN did we?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, pookondee said:

Aye,

And what of all the world wars,

even just counting those in the 20th century??

Must have been in Millions those who died horrible deaths..

We didnt care so much about the loss of life THEN did we?

SO?... What is the difference in a sense? And your point?

11 hours ago, JusticeGB said:

Does he read newspapers? Virtually every country even New Zealand which had an extremely good record of no infections for over 100 days had an outbreak of cases after being virus free for 100 days. The ridiculous paperwork that needs to be done before getting on a plane could be simplified and the period of quarantine counted from the first covid19 test taken abroad. However all arrivals should be tested and not allowed out of their hotels until 14 days after their first test. They should also be tested 7 days after arrival. If they are symptom free 14 days after their first test taken in their home country then they could safely leave their hotels. 

However this is Thailand and such a simple solution wouldn't work as a tip of around 200 baht would probably suffice for a pass to get out of the hotel before the safe period expired. 

Your idea seems OK but I think you have missed something. Quarantine for more than 10 days would do a lot to protect others. But you kind of think that the quarantine period could include transiting through cities and airports and flying on cramped airplanes. It is likely that a person who tests negative at home could pick up the virus in transit and then test negative in Thailand too.

8 minutes ago, Selatan said:

Yes, it is clear from my daily following of the the situation in Taiwan( since I want to go back home there) that Taiwanese data of covid infections are fraudulent just as Thailand's. I can pull out a post of mine detailing it from articles in Taiwan news if people are interested. I do think their mortality figures are probably much more accurate than Thailand's are. However, once one realizes that covid left Wuhan in October there probably were fatalities everywhere that were covid related, but chalked up to pneumonia.

However, having said that, probably all those case are asymptomatic ones and likely ones not to be worried about. Taiwan has stopped testing the returning migrant workers from the PI who are asymptomatic since so few end up testing positive. It makes me think they don't think they are important in driving the epidemic.

Edited by vermin on arrival
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, teacherclaire said:

He was particularly referring to short stay tourists coming from mainland China and Taiwan. 

Why am I not surprised? Have these clowns really forgotten where the virus originated from?

bad bats.jpg

The Pacific island Republic of Palau?

Is bat soup a delicacy in China? We debunk a rumour on the origin of the coronavirus

Fake news about Wuhan bat soup debunked a long time ago. Farangs like you are really that poorly informed?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, vermin on arrival said:

Yes, it is clear from my daily following of the the situation in Taiwan( since I want to go back home there) that Taiwanese data of covid infections are fraudulent just as Thailand's. I can pull out a post of mine detailing it from articles in Taiwan news if people are interested. I do think their mortality figures are probably much more accurate than Thailand's are. However, once one realizes that covid left Wuhan in October there probably were fatalities everywhere that were covid related, but chalked up to pneumonia.

There were many suspicious pneumonia cases in many parts of the world, some dating as far back from July 2019. Many questioned why last year the US CDC had classified some suspicious pneumonia deaths as "vaping pneumonia" when the victims were not even vapers. Also, the CDC explained why some Covid-19 deaths were classified as deaths from flu:

Over here in Malaysia, many of those who had returned from Singapore were found to be infected even though Singapore had claimed that cases outside foreign workers' hostels were not that many.

Earlier in the pandemic, Indonesia reported very few cases but we knew they were not telling the truth because many of those who flew in from Indonesia were found to be infected.

Unless you have huge, city-wide testing like those done by China, no one can be sure about the true level of infection in the community.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, webfact said:

foreigners to want to come for 5-7 days and spend 5 billion baht". 

Foreigners want to come to have fun-they don’t come because they want to spend 5 billion baht-that’s the money only outlook of Thailand, and why they will lose the tourist competition 

16 hours ago, ChakaKhan said:

Me First!  (packs bags)...lines up for GPS implant and tagging-branding and Phone tracing

The Stv visa has done its job

First flight full of CP Group executives to purchase Phuket. 

A few Scandinavians thrown in to make it look good. 

There is also a private jet following CT Group executives with 7 big Chinese boys on board. 

How will the 100k arrive? 

Easy, no quarantine needed, they will be vaccinated, China will release its vaccine next month. 

The first 100k will be sent to Bubble Island..... Kho Samui, numbers will grow after all looks good then it will be Chinese only until Europe gets a FDA approval for a vaccine.

China wanted to beat Donald Trump, they have and now Donald has Covid, and his wife as well. 

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Mark Nothing said:

Our ancestors would be embarrassed at our illiteracy today.

Prior generations knew the cold and flu were not contagious and were caused by such things as poor diet, bad eating, over work, stress, change in the weather.  The body peridically rejects the excess accumulation of toxins via symptoms such as runny nose, cough, fever, diarhhea which cleanses and refreshes the body usually lasting only a few days. 

The serum and tablet makers dreamed up an airborne, "contagious" "virus theory" in hopes of spreading fear to increase profits.  The unscientific, unproven, undemonstrated "virus theory" of causation is a mythical suppossition with no value.  "Virus theory" is considered "fact" today as it is more profitable than simply eat more fruits and vegetables, work less, and rest.

Please reject these draconian assaults on our rights based on false theory.

hahaha...The microbiome and the eco-system. Those kernels of wisdom are wasted here my friend.  Might as well perform card tricks for your dog.

https://bengreenfieldfitness.com/podcast/lifestyle-podcasts/glyphosate/

8 hours ago, captpkapoor said:

We are a retired couple with a hugely expensive condo for the last 7 years, with valid Non-O re-entry visas, stuck outside Thailand. Having sold our main residence a couple of years back, now forced to stay with the kids in our country since March. We're not tourists, we just want to return to our home and car. Absolutely no response from the local Thai embassy here.

You are classified much the same as tourists though, and have pretty much the same rights. 

If course you should have known this when you did your due diligence on where to retire, no use complaining about it now. 

Chok dee! 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

8 hours ago, ross163103 said:

I assume since you've mentioned in the past how you've got permanent residency in Thailand that you're a foreigner.....so I take it from your comment you've got your bags packed and a plane ticket out of Thailand booked? Of course this assuming you're actually IN Thailand. Or is this a case of, "I'm special and should be allowed to be here, but no one else can?" IMO, that's what it sounds like to me, correct me if I'm wrong.

I'll try to make it really simple for you. 

There's no covid-19 in Thailand thanks, in part, to the draconian measures this government has implemented. 

I am a foreigner living and working in Thailand.

If being lucky enough to be here during this crisis makes me special, then so be it. 

Foreigners from countries that have totally and utterly failed to control the virus such as the US and UK should not be allowed to come here at the current time IMHO. 

Savvy? 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 6
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, teacherclaire said:

My friend came to Thailand for 5 to 7 girls a day when they were still affordable 20 years ago. Haa reu for 24/7. 

And spread the flu in Pattaya Beach? 

When CoviD-19 started, they suspected like 30 bargirls in Soi 6 for CoviD-19. None of them had this <deleted>. They had caught the flu from Europe, and I got it, too - for one day. 

Now these masks that they wear protect them from flu, too. And you better get vaccinated against flu before you ever enter Thailand again. 

6 hours ago, Mark Nothing said:

Our ancestors would be embarrassed at our illiteracy today.

Prior generations knew the cold and flu were not contagious and were caused by such things as poor diet, bad eating, over work, stress, change in the weather.  The body peridically rejects the excess accumulation of toxins via symptoms such as runny nose, cough, fever, diarhhea which cleanses and refreshes the body usually lasting only a few days. 

The serum and tablet makers dreamed up an airborne, "contagious" "virus theory" in hopes of spreading fear to increase profits.  The unscientific, unproven, undemonstrated "virus theory" of causation is a mythical suppossition with no value.  "Virus theory" is considered "fact" today as it is more profitable than simply eat more fruits and vegetables, work less, and rest.

Please reject these draconian assaults on our rights based on false theory.

How does it come to your idea that working less helps against CoviD-19? 

Come, exercise in the hub of wellness and medicine. It makes you stronger, and viruses hate stronger bodies. 

Ever been to Pattaya Beach in the mornings when the bargirls exercise? That's what makes them so healthy.