Stop quarantine for foreign tourists in December, demands ATTA chief - wants Thailand open to 100,000

webfact

9 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

No quarantine, spend 50,000 baht per head over 5-7 days, spread the disease, sounds like a great idea, open the flood gates, they have to eventually.

Your username says it all ...

8 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

And the gates of hades to reward China will be fully opened and then closed again after the Chinese bring the virus back in again. Seems to be too much wanting to snuggle up with the commie government and looking the other way that they created the virus.

Now for Taiwan the honest independent non commie country, I am all for letting these good people with a good government in. . 

It’s the American and the English that will bring in the virus not the Chinese. Duhhh!!!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Surelynot said:

Just feasible with a 15min covid test....100% on arrival......if not the virus will rip through Thailand and it will be where the UK was in March.

In any case you need a 72 H Negative Covid Test to board any airline to start with and than add Covid Test at arrival and i think the level of safety is already quite high ... 

What could be the % of Visitors that beeing both negative at Covid test 72 H before boarding and Covid test at arrival made at Airport ?

10 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

No quarantine, spend 50,000 baht per head over 5-7 days, spread the disease, sounds like a great idea, open the flood gates, they have to eventually.

They have to come eventually, why ?.  . Too  support the Hospitality, trade ?.  I think not . 

Thai Government , decision makers  , care little about Thai citizens, of the lower caste, in the trade.

Thai Government , cares even less,  about us Aliens/ foreigner ...

Look to the future , it's only just begun ....

Edited by elliss
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Strongheart said:

In this case:"Don't believe the scam."

Anyone who still believes in this scamdemic needs to toss their TV out the window and attempt to rub two brain cells together to start  comprehending that this whole COVIT-19 thing is bs.

What would it all be good for then ? I see only losers in this ' game ' ... ( except Amazon , Ebay , etc ) , but I seriously doubt that it was them who created the virus ...

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, DaveCW said:

Who actually thinks that this C19 Flu will disappear entirely at some point in the (???) future, and that we will all go back to the way it was previously? Is this the expectation before boarders etc are reopened? I suspect that this C19 Flu will probably linger around indefinitely, with outbreaks here and there. Is Thailand to keep its borders closed forever?  God forbid if another disease or virus comes along as well (Bubonic Plaque anyone?) in that scenario, are we to hunker down in some silo until its all over? Its now going to be very difficult if not impossible to dispel the fear created, and overcome the effects of the disproportionate methodologies employed in order to try and contain this Flu like virus. But folk (least in the west) are beginning to wake up and instead of making sheepish noises are asking, why they have lost their jobs, why their business have been ruined, why more of their loved ones have had to die due to not having access to routine and/or vital medial services, why have more folk committed suicide, why more folk are suffering from mental health problems, why have more folk had to suffer at the hands of abusers, why has their economy been trashed to the extent it will take decades to return to pre C19 Flu days (and if you thought the austerity policies previously employed after the financial crisis was bad, I suspect that in the future we will be happy to see those days again, as opposed to what will be coming our way). We are also being told about this new second wave in many countries, but the figures seem to suggest that we have not as yet reached the scale of infections during March (figures were 10 times higher), yet the rules are more harsh and desperate? 

Countries will have to open up at some point, not to do so, will put them into isolation, this will not only effect tourism, but eventually the wider economy. There is more at stake here than the few million employed in the tourist and related sectors, as well as the GDP % generated from tourism. Concession will need to be made, lets hope its not left to late.

Think mutation and also second waves and then second waves of the mutations as the seasons change as people let their guard down. Only way to be sure is for countries to hunker down and wait for a wonder vaccine solution or like the USA is on par to do, let it roll and then everyone or nearly everyone has had it so hopefully immune. I actually think China has already discovered and made the vaccine before they released it to crush and debilitate the world. 1.4 billion people most in bunched living conditions and poor is impossible to control. Perhaps they sprayed the antibody vaccine in the air so everyone would have resistance? Contrails? They sent people to space so this would be rather easy for them to massively pull off.

Edited by holy cow cm
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, nobodysfriend said:

What would it all be good for then ? I see only losers in this ' game ' ... ( except Amazon , Ebay , etc ) , but I seriously doubt that it was them who created the virus ...

In  my neck of the woods . 

With people not going , for evening meals anymore including myself and family,,  thx pandemic panic .

Grab delivery service , along with Panda ,  are winners ...

Life , will never be the same .  Covid-19  has changed the World , forever..

Edited by elliss
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, JusticeGB said:

Does he read newspapers? Virtually every country even New Zealand which had an extremely good record of no infections for over 100 days had an outbreak of cases after being virus free for 100 days. The ridiculous paperwork that needs to be done before getting on a plane could be simplified and the period of quarantine counted from the first covid19 test taken abroad. However all arrivals should be tested and not allowed out of their hotels until 14 days after their first test. They should also be tested 7 days after arrival. If they are symptom free 14 days after their first test taken in their home country then they could safely leave their hotels. 

However this is Thailand and such a simple solution wouldn't work as a tip of around 200 baht would probably suffice for a pass to get out of the hotel before the safe period expired. 

That's what the rules are anyway ????

11 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

And the gates of hades to reward China will be fully opened and then closed again after the Chinese bring the virus back in again. Seems to be too much wanting to snuggle up with the commie government and looking the other way that they created the virus.

Now for Taiwan the honest independent non commie country, I am all for letting these good people with a good government in. . 

The Chinese are commies in name only... let's take their money, I say. https://www.usnews.com/opinion/blogs/world-report/2013/04/30/chinas-communist-billionaires

11 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

They don't want foreigners here at the moment and I wholeheartedly agree with them.

I assume since you've mentioned in the past how you've got permanent residency in Thailand that you're a foreigner.....so I take it from your comment you've got your bags packed and a plane ticket out of Thailand booked? Of course this assuming you're actually IN Thailand. Or is this a case of, "I'm special and should be allowed to be here, but no one else can?" IMO, that's what it sounds like to me, correct me if I'm wrong.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1