U.S. President Trump and Melania test positive for COVID-19

webfact

5 minutes ago, jconrad said:

Bingo!

"After White House officials learned of Hicks’s symptoms, Trump and his entourage flew Thursday to New Jersey, where he attended a fundraiser at his golf club in Bedminster and delivered a speech. Trump was in close contact with dozens of other people, including campaign supporters, at a roundtable event.

The president did not wear a mask Thursday, including at the events at his golf course and on the plane, officials said"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/hope-hicks-close-trump-aide-tests-positive-for-coronavirus/2020/10/01/af238f7c-0444-11eb-897d-3a6201d6643f_story.html

A "superspreader"?

I can just hear him in the Rose Garden: "D'you know, people are saying I'm the bigliest and bestest superspreader there has ever been..."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

The worse outcome for this for Biden's cheerleaders will be when Trump recovers. Then he'll likely be immune and that sliver of hope is gone.

tell it to those who, statistically, will not make it in the coming weeks

Edited by Opl

3 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

The worse outcome for this for Biden's cheerleaders will be when Trump recovers. Then he'll likely be immune and that sliver of hope is gone.

Immunity is not guaranteed, nor is it clear if permanent. On the other hand, lingering health issues seem to be common.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Phoenix Rising said:

If that's correct I'd say criminal charges could be filed against him.

A British MP (SNP) has just been suspended from her party for doing practically the same thing. The police are looking into the matter.

4 minutes ago, dabhand said:

Flu deaths in US since 2010 range from 12k to 61k annually. Some way short of the current covid number of 200k for a period of less than a year and has yet to include a winter season. Likely also that the flu deaths also include those who had comorbidities.

My point was that 200,000 Americans have not been killed by Covid-19 alone, there were underlying causes in the majority of cases.   The quoted 'flu figures relate to those who were killed by influenza, no mention has been made of other complications in the 'flu numbers.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Cod Face said:

If you think that Trump is obese perhaps you should take note of your own last sentence. 

What do you know about Trumps "lack of exercise" and "propensity towards junk food"?

Guess some Trump fans could fantasize him being slim, fit and generally 'hansom'. 

In the real world, he's on the phat side. No physical exercise other than golf. And him liking junk food is common knowledge.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

36 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

If I was Trump I'd milk it for all it was worth and get the election delayed. I imagine Biden trying to push through an election against a man on a respirator would work against him big time

If it got to the point where Trump was on a respirator he would be out of action for a considerable amount of time.

Just now, jconrad said:

Given that Trump was informed that Hope HIcks had come down with an illness with symptoms of Covid 19, but then went on to meet his supporters indoors and without wearing a mask, I kind of think sympathy for him is going to be in short supply.

Let's see if Hope Hicks isn't made to be the next scapegoat of Trump fans.

11 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Has anyone stooped to consider the possibility Trump is just saying he has Covid. 

Here is a list of the pluses he gets

1) the sympathy vote

2) He can have a miraculous recovery in 2-3 days

3) his recovery would show how healthy and strong he really is

4) his quick recovery would show the virus to be no big deal

5) he was justified in doing nothing about it, down playing it.

I wouldnt put it past him to fake the whole thing, nobody would benefit more than trump from faking having the virus.

And Melania becomes 1st Mater dolorosa

Edited by Opl
  • Like 2

Talk about egg in the face. After all the dismissal of it being a little flu, nothing to worry about, etc. How much sympathy will he get, after such extreme recklessness?

Let us see how the cheeseburger king is able to fight this one off. Fighting it off, and healing from it, is all about immunity and good health. How many in the White House already have it?

At a minimum, it derails his campaign, and makes him look incredibly dumb. Perhaps better to just forfeit now? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

they "tested positive", but feel well
as do the vast majority of people who "test positive"
which is different from being sick
even CDC state very low Iinfection Fatality Ratio rate

"The President and First Lady are both well at this time"
"the first lady wrote on Twitter that she and her husband were "feeling good.""
"Trump was last seen in public on Thursday afternoon, returning to the White House after a fundraising trip to New Jersey. He did not appear ill"
https://edition.cnn.com/2020/10/01/politics/hope-hicks-positive-coronavirus/index.html

so for all the disgusting people here wishing ill on other humans
with comments like "i hope he nearly die" etc.
please do look at yourselves in the mirror
actually wishing harm and suffering upon others is just immoral and shameful and extremely close minded,
regardless of who the other person is or their race, beliefs or occupation etc
you really should be ashamed of yourself and your small minds.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1