U.S. President Trump and Melania test positive for COVID-19

webfact

1 hour ago, Odysseus123 said:

You had better look at your faux leader on his Crispy Creme pedestal.

Just give me some examples of his "morality" as the US strove to tackle the plague.

Should the deceased relatives and friends be comforted by his 'twitterings"?

he is NOT my leader
i am not for or against the man
he is in the position he is in
a position you are not in and never will be
but yet all you can do is criticise people playing their roles
just like you would characters in a soap opera
as long as you get to make your choice, of the 2 options presented to you, right ?

but again, wishing harm or suffering to others is immoral
regardless of their actions, choices, race, beliefs, occupation, etc. etc.

yet you seem to think its fine for yourself to wish harm or suffering upon others
whilst also expecting others to suffer just to make you feel a little bit safer

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Peterw42 said:

Has anyone stooped to consider the possibility Trump is just saying he has Covid. 

Here is a list of the pluses he gets

1) the sympathy vote

2) He can have a miraculous recovery in 2-3 days

3) his recovery would show how healthy and strong he really is

4) his quick recovery would show the virus to be no big deal

5) he was justified in doing nothing about it, down playing it.

I wouldnt put it past him to fake the whole thing, nobody would benefit more than trump from faking having the virus.

It would be conceivable, with its lies and half-truths, history. And we're not talking about a windy secondhand car seller here, but about the President of the USA.

Unfortunately, he does not live the image of sincerity, decency and honesty. 

Sad how it is.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Not as far as I’m concerned. Certainly not intended. 

Since I believe in both, karma and you reap as you sow, which for me are the same thing It was not ironic at all. I wanted to say this is another way of saying karma more accepted by many.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

Tell us please, how much time per day do you devote to prayer and inward contemplation? I despise how this prayer thing is thrown around. It is used so casually, usually by people with little faith. 

Us? Do you think you are a spokesperson?

When I first came to Thailand, in 1992, I meditated for many hours a day in Suan Mokh, the temple of Ajarn Buddhadhassa Bikku, the famous monk. Over the years, my faith has changed and I'm not not a Buddhist but believe in God. My morning meditation and prayer has dropped to 30 minutes. 

Now I've answered you, can you tell us how much time you spend a day doing self-examination/prayer?

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, John Drake said:

The Western world did not originate this virus. The Eastern world did. 

Eastern originate and western spread it. 

Thailand suffer. Annoying

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Pedrogaz said:

I'm guessing Ivanka will simply assume the Presidency if Trump dies (he's over 70 and fat, so there a a 1 in 20 chance he'll die).

He won't die 100%. Trump will get the best of the best in health care, in contrast to the common people.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, patman30 said:

Right now, with 7+ million official cases and 206,000+ CV deaths since the beginning, the U.S. is running a case fatality ratio of about 2.9%, meaning that's the share who are dying overall out of all confirmed infection cases. Obviously, the share skews higher with the higher ages and other issues.

The official infection rate is 63+ per 100,000 population, though that's widely considered to be a vast undercount due to lack of testing.

Screenshot_2.jpg.78784ccb146d549e4bb1dd910202e81a.jpg

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/data/mortality'

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Certainly not going to rejoice at trump getting COVID-19, however while I do not believe in Karma, I do believe you reap as you sow. 

Fair enough but really, they are the same thing. As you are quoting from your bible - Jesus knew about Karma.

You really don't believe in Karma? You're the odd one out, especially in Thailand. Only 4 Billion + people worldwide believe in Karma. 

Edited by Neeranam
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

When I first came to Thailand, in 1992, I meditated for many hours a day in Suan Mokh, the temple of Ajarn Buddhadhassa Bikku, the famous monk. Over the years, my faith has changed and I'm not not a Buddhist but believe in God. My morning meditation and prayer has dropped to 30 minutes. 

Now I've answered you, can you tell us how much time you spend a day doing self-examination/prayer?

How much time a day do you spend self examinating your anti ChineseThai racism? Maybe a good time to get started.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

I agree that disgusting person should look in the mirror more often. Maybe he starts doing it now but I doubt it. 

very selective clip
(again, i am not a trump supporter)

but Trump uses the same body language when mocking many other people who are not disabled
this was just blown up by CNN
if you take a bit of time to actually do some research you would already know this
(you probably already do but that dont stop you using it)

i am not defending the man
but the hatred here in this thread is disgusting IMO
especially by people who cheer economies being shut down
and millions lsing their livelyhoods and means to feed their families
just so you can feel a little bit safer

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, oldhippy said:

How much time a day do you spend self examinating your anti ChineseThai racism? Maybe a good time to get started.

No idea what you are talking about, my children have Chinese Thai blood. Your statement makes you look foolish.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I won't waist my time with prayers.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, patman30 said:

he is NOT my leader
i am not for or against the man
he is in the position he is in
a position you are not in and never will be
but yet all you can do is criticise people playing their roles
just like you would characters in a soap opera
as long as you get to make your choice, of the 2 options presented to you, right ?

but again, wishing harm or suffering to others is immoral
regardless of their actions, choices, race, beliefs, occupation, etc. etc.

yet you seem to think its fine for yourself to wish harm or suffering upon others
whilst also expecting others to suffer just to make you feel a little bit safer

Is wishing harm on others also immoral when the world as a whole and the US in particular would be better off without him?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

high-risk-80-percent.jpg.ea2bdd18b98f29ea923fc3136189e8d7.jpg

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/need-extra-precautions/older-adults.html

Among adults, the risk for severe illness from COVID-19 increases with age, with older adults at highest risk. Severe illness means that the person with COVID-19 may require hospitalization, intensive care, or a ventilator to help them breathe, or they may even die.

Wear masks

• Masks should be worn over the nose and mouth. Masks are especially important when it is difficult to stay at least 6 feet apart from others or when people are indoors to help protect each other.
  • Masks may slow the spread of the virus and help people who may have the virus and do not know it from transmitting it to others
    • Wearing a mask helps protects others in case you’re infected, while others wear one to protect you should they be infected.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, patman30 said:

Completely false comment

Even The CDC data shows the vast majority have not died with C19 alone, over 90%
https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid_weekly/index.htm

stop trying to spread fear with lies.

Where does that data show “that 200,000 Americans have not been killed by Covid-19 alone”?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, patman30 said:

if you take a bit of time to actually do some research you would already know this
(you probably already do but that dont stop you using it)

Excuse me but I find it disgusting enough that I had to see how he is mocking this man. I don’t find enjoyment seeing him mock even more people. 

7 minutes ago, patman30 said:

i am not defending the man

You are. By suggesting that mocking a disabled man is fine as long as you mock other people as well. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Fair enough but really, they are the same thing. As you are quoting from your bible - Jesus knew about Karma.

You really don't believe in Karma? You're the odd one out, especially in Thailand. Only 4 Billion + people worldwide believe in Karma. 

4 billion is half of the population, wouldn't call that the odd one out.

saw that some world leaders were wishing him a fast/speedy recovery.... since he didn't have many friends, wonder how many of them, besides Netanyahu, Putin, some arabic princes/emirs,  are really honest or sympathetic or just saying " I told you so "

• Thanks 1