ATTA chief outlines why Thailand should scrap quarantine: Europeans could benefit too

webfact

4 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

starting to see tour buses in Pattaya again, was hoping they would lock down the borders even harder but alas the tourists are returning...... paradise is lost again.

For some it is paradise revisited.

I wish both were possible :

a few days in the week lively, the rest lifeless.

The STV has done only this,

The first flight is for 120/30 CP Group executives, CP has big interest in China and is Thailand's wealthiest  Chinese Family with Seven 11 under the belt plus insurance, Property development interests, automotive ,food and Telecommunications .

You can google them and see the PM and deputy PM posing selfies with  the family.

I doubt this plane load will be wearing bracelets, they are on a mission, the overseas press does not regard them as normal tourists.

There is supposed to be a plane load of Scandinavians coming in to play volley ball on Jomtien beach and clean there condos up.

So that's what the STV has achieved so far, all organised by approved Thai Govt agency.

The Chinese Paid 173k BHT for Thai Airways fares, hotel quarantine, 3 meals a day insurance and visas.

I do not know what the Scandinavians have paid or if they will come.

So this looks like a shopping trip for wealthy Chinese investors? property developers.

The irony is that it is almost racist, if they can allow Scandinavians in to play on the beach and service their condos under this Cloaking Device called STV, then why not let people that own property and have stayed in Thailand for years back in, whats the problem here ?, it would be far better than a STV which is just a big shopping trip for CP Group.

I think that Thailand is now doomed for expats, I have three friends in the same boat as me and they are over seventy and own property and stayed in LOS for the last 15 years, they are at the point of giving up as it is just to hard for them to get back, I can go but they are not married so they are more stuck, even If I wanted to go b4 Xmas I can not get insurance here, and they are freaking because they are 75 year olds, one has investment he can,t access, he has written to the embassy for special dispensation, and so far no luck.

Edited by kiwikeith

Makes good sense, well to me at least as I am usually only staying five to seven days regular temperature check the pre arrival covid 19 test like the day before you board your flight with free check-ins (covid19) at your place of stay. Yes I think it would work well.

I had a mate and his wife leave Australia just on three weeks ago and spent two weeks quarantine left on the fifteenth day travelled home to Roi Et where effectively they had to quarantine for another five days as they weren't allowed to leave their home mad just madness. I for one are all for trying things, hey because they just may work.

Come on !!!!!

Madness to let covid into Thailand.  They have been sooo lucky with the level it reached here  so they don't understand just how devastating a full blown infection could be to the country.. i know lack of tourism is impacting upon businesses but allowing covid in would be far far worse for Thailand in the long run than keeping it out.  

• Haha 1

ANYBODY who conforms to standard measures checking for the virus should be let in....if you don't have the virus, why does it matter what country you are from?  A test prior to traveling, and then again when you arrive... if both negative, YOU DON'T HAVE IT.   It's not that big of a deal...and this is NOT the Plague, as everyone should know by now.  Yes, America and some others blew it...and they will suffer. But again, ANYONE who conforms to testing should be let in if they follow protocol, IT WORKS!