Special Tourist Visa health insurance falls to B40k outpatient, B400k inpatient

snoop1130

1 minute ago, cerox said:

I have this insurance for everything big. It also covers day patient stuff, cancer etc.

It would be nice if we could prove funds on a Thai bank account for the 40k outpatient limit but I think we know thats not going to happen.

Seems I have to either forge my documents or wait until they wave it.

Yeah no clue, I got my yearly visa anyway but if this would become mandatory just to fly in and out I will certainly not be happy about it. It really starts to add up to pay another 100-150 euro for just a 40K baht prove on outpatient monthly aside of visa costs already.

3 hours ago, donnacha said:

What we are witnessing is the government of Thailand slowly waking from a delirium in which they believed that 40 million foreign tourists were all waiting anxiously to spend their money in Thailand, and willing to do literally anything to get in.

Yeah slowly but surely the penny is dropping. 
Open for “normal” tourism by Xmas. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, DrTuner said:

Hoooooldddd.... they'll  backpedal on all requirements if nobody comes. So don't, wait for it.

Maybe next summer, that's me being optimistic, this could drag on for another year...

Edited by ukrules

7 hours ago, Flying Saucage said:

Be aware that this is still written in Thai language and in Thai numbers. For me this looks like a case of traditional Thai dual pricing.

Wait till they show an official English translation, and then lets see if this is also about 400,000 Baht or maybe still about 100,000 US$, together with a mandatory list of Thai insurance companies and with a nice overpriced special farang premium.

You know, maybe the 400,000 Baht is only for Thais living abroad and coming home for a holiday, whereas we farang need to by scammed to "move the country forward".

What this has to do with the Thais outside Thailand?
Thais don't need a STV visa for coming back to Thailand.

47 minutes ago, HampiK said:

What this has to do with the Thais outside Thailand?
Thais don't need a STV visa for coming back to Thailand.

37 minutes ago, cjinchiangrai said:

Everyone keeps saying this but the TAT has not chartered any planes to bring the Chinese. The inbound tourists are from Europe, via Air Emirates.

You both need to get on track. This is not about repatriation flights and folks coming home to there families here. It is about the new tourism scheme and the Chinese will be arriving starting the 8th on flights for tourism.

13 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

Surely, this can't have anything to do with the Covid19 coverage, as outpatient treatment is completely irrelevant. 

But riding scooters without helmets can give a lot of scrapes and bruises

12 hours ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Tropical safety boots in the hub of Asia.

These are my Tropical Safety Boots for everyday wear when I am in countries like Thailand and Cambodia and other Tropical or sub-Tropical regions. Even for everyday wear in south Canada’s hot Summer months. 
81lvwdagb0L.jpg

39 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

You both need to get on track. This is not about repatriation flights and folks coming home to there families here. It is about the new tourism scheme and the Chinese will be arriving starting the 8th on flights for tourism.

This was a respond to "Flying Saucage" who told, that this will be dual pricing and only for Thais, nothing more. I not even had something about repatriation flights... I only marked that Thais not need this kind of Visa which he refered too!