Once Again the Beach Has Moved....????????????

chicowoodduck

7 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Wow, only light rain at my place North of town.... and last night was supposed to be 'dry' due to the end of Buddhist lent.

Dry inside yes..... but very wet out in the early hours in central Patts :thumbsup:

I always wonder when I see these pictures from Pattaya and Jomtien beaches, were the sand bags already in place underneath the sand so that the rain simply exposed them and perhaps they show some forward thinking, or were they hurriedly placed there during the storm?

894A6B69-1188-4B06-9632-BA91E94D140C.thu

31 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

One should look at who has the contract for replacing the sand to perhaps have some idea as to why the city council are unable to prevent a road right next to the sea flooding.

Perhaps they wanted the long and uninterrupted expanse of beach but had they included a couple of concrete trenches (with walkover bridges) the rainwater could have been channeled into the sea far more efficiently.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Guderian said:

were the sand bags already in place underneath the sand 

Yes they are underneath  after many failed attempts to stop the sand being washed away taking the promenade with it..

I think the bags are fUll of concrete.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Perhaps they wanted the long and uninterrupted expanse of beach but had they included a couple of concrete trenches (with walkover bridges) the rainwater could have been channeled into the sea far more efficiently.

This has been my exact idea for fixing the problem for years...

Edited by redwood1

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

One should look at who has the contract for replacing the sand to perhaps have some idea as to why the city council are unable to prevent a road right next to the sea flooding.

They have spent between 1 and 2 Billion baht in the last 10 years on all the endless beach/beach road work....

Certain people have found their pot of gold under the rainbow.....Its called forever more work on beach road...

The promenade was much better before all this work..  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, redwood1 said:

They have spent between 1 and 2 Billion baht in the last 10 years on all the endless beach/beach road work....

Certain people have found their pot of gold under the rainbow.....Its called forever more work on beach road...

The promenade was much better before all this work..  

And its all away to start again.

9 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Or a couple of really nice Plaza type constructions where the Drainage channels could be made as a feature

A nice place to meet with friends and relax over a Beer or a meal.

Would be nice me thinks 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, PatOngo said:

This year is 2564 in Thailand! Does this not tell you something about how far they have advanced in 2,564 years! Krup! ????  

no it's 2563 and has nothing to do with the history of Thailand.

• Like 1

This was the first time it's rained worth mentioning in the darkside where I am this year, still not a lot. If we get proper floods there won't be much left.

A real solution would be to put 4 foot rainwater drains out to the sea under the beach, coming out 30m or so from the beachline, every 15-20m, to have enough drainage. There's a hell of a lot of water going to the sea since they don't collect any and the topography is down from Khao Talo towards the sea. Having concreted the entire beachfront does not help.

Obviously you'll need to dig it all up and do it properly first.

Edited by DrTuner
  • Like 1