EU, UK to step up Brexit talks to try to close 'significant gaps' over trade deal

rooster59

10 minutes ago, puipuitom said:

In the EU "government", it is all from EU member states. No EU citizen, no EU governmental job. That's why all British had to leave 31 Jan 2020.

Bye-the-way: how many Scots, Northern Irish and Welsh have a governmental position in the UK government ? Or also seen as "foreigners "? 

That's good enough reason for me to Leave. I didn't want any of them to have any form of EU government over me. Now they won't.

Plenty of Scots, Northern Irish and Welsh have UK government positions. They are all British, not foreigners like the EU.

24 minutes ago, puipuitom said:

Just read, what the EU does for its EU member states.

As food-man: EFSA and RASFF see https://webgate.ec.europa.eu/rasff-window/portal/?event=SearchForm&cleanSearch=1 .

From 1 Jan 2021 ( less than 13 weeks from now) the British can do that on their own.

When the EU food distribution and industry also does not accept BRC certification anymore, the British export into the EU is about finished for a year, despite all other misery to come like veterinary inspections ( meat, fish ! , ask the Thai poultry, but especially fish exporting industry), agricultural levies and of course WTO "third country" import duty. see https://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/dds2/taric/taric_consultation.jsp?Lang=en.

Yes, the EU knows how to protect their industry and labour.

Looking at your comment: you do not have the faintest ideas about that.

who are you trying to convince?the punters or yourself?

• Confused 1

29 minutes ago, puipuitom said:

Just read, what the EU does for its EU member states.

As food-man: EFSA and RASFF see https://webgate.ec.europa.eu/rasff-window/portal/?event=SearchForm&cleanSearch=1 .

From 1 Jan 2021 ( less than 13 weeks from now) the British can do that on their own.

When the EU food distribution and industry also does not accept BRC certification anymore, the British export into the EU is about finished for a year, despite all other misery to come like veterinary inspections ( meat, fish ! , ask the Thai poultry, but especially fish exporting industry), agricultural levies and of course WTO "third country" import duty. see https://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/dds2/taric/taric_consultation.jsp?Lang=en.

Yes, the EU knows how to protect their industry and labour.

Looking at your comment: you do not have the faintest ideas about that.

the eu knows how to protect their industry and labour?so why have we got over two million citizens resident in the uk?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, kingdong said:

the eu knows how to protect their industry and labour?so why have we got over two million citizens resident in the uk?

And how many pensioners or hollidaymakers in Europe ....? Or lately ...

City bankers working now on E.U. ground..?????

• Like 2

(This man likes U-Turning too much ...????)

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2020/10/04/politics-latest-news-boris-johnson-will-manage-strike-brexit/

Politics latest news: Boris Johnson rows back on appetite for 'Australia style' Brexit deal

The Government is rowing back on its desire to strike an Australia-style deal with the European Union, Boris Johnson has suggested, as the deadline for reaching an agreement with the bloc nears....

Edited by david555
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

I hope you're not going to keep repeating this lie about Boris 'begging' for an extension. The reality is explained here in the remainers' favourite rag: 

Boris Johnson and Ursula von der Leyen have approved a further month of Brexit negotiations after agreeing that enough progress has been made to justify a last push to reach a deal on trade and security.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/oct/03/johnson-and-von-der-leyen-extend-brexit-talks-by-a-month

She probably made him do the "I'm a little teapot" dance before the phone call ended.

Johnson, Brexit and all those lofty ideals about sovereignty, fishing rights and taking back control have now been blown out of the water.

The Brexiteers blinked first. Its now a question of how much the EU is going to make you pay.

And given how much you have all irritated the EU my guess is its going to hurt you guys a lot.

No worries. I have my popcorn in hand and will simply look on and laugh. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kingdong said:

the eu knows how to protect their industry and labour? so why have we got over two million citizens resident in the uk?

Maybe not clear to you, but from 1 January 1973 till 31 Jan 2020 the UK was a part of the EU.

Why EU citizens would not work in the UK then ?

And when you have a good job, maybe married, why to leave, unless... as is the present situation, you as non-UK citizen are not wanted/welcome anymore ?

b) The number of UK pensioners living in EU countries peaked in 2017 at 475,000 and has since ( 4 February 2020dropped by around 8,000 to 466,920. Maybe because their pensions, in GBP, dropped so much when converted to € ?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/consumer-affairs/number-uk-pensioners-living-eu-falls-five-year-low/

6 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

She probably made him do the "I'm a little teapot" dance before the phone call ended.

Johnson, Brexit and all those lofty ideals about sovereignty, fishing rights and taking back control have now been blown out of the water.

The Brexiteers blinked first. Its now a question of how much the EU is going to make you pay.

And given how much you have all irritated the EU my guess is its going to hurt you guys a lot.

Can you demonstrate that these "Brexiteers blinked first"? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, puipuitom said:

Just a more frequent ferry from Belfast, Dublin and Cork, and no need to travel though the UK anymore + quicker in France and by that the entire EU.

I think that perhaps a glance at a map might persuade you that a ferry journey from Rosslare to Cherbourg or Roscoff takes about 18 hours or so. From Belfast or Dublin is going to be at least 24 hours at sea. The crossing is exposed to the vagaries of the Atlantic / Western Approaches weather which could dramatically increase the journey times. Roscoff (and Cherbourg only marginally less so) are about as far in France as you can get from the rest of the EU. 

I suspect that the logistics of driving through the UK with two short sea crossings, and ending up in the Pas de Calais or Belgium  will prove a more attractive prospect.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nauseus said:

Can you demonstrate that these "Brexiteers blinked first"? 

Who phoned asking for an extension? The UK or the EU?

This of course comes on the back of the good old "Dead in a ditch" speech Johnson gave last year.

Aye you guys bottled it. Johnson knows hes a busted flush.

2 minutes ago, puipuitom said:

Maybe not clear to you, but from 1 January 1973 till 31 Jan 2020 the UK was a part of the EU.

Why EU citizens would not work in the UK then ?

And when you have a good job, maybe married, why to leave, unless... as is the present situation, you as non-UK citizen are not wanted/welcome anymore ?

b) The number of UK pensioners living in EU countries peaked in 2017 at 475,000 and has since ( 4 February 2020dropped by around 8,000 to 466,920. Maybe because their pensions, in GBP, dropped so much when converted to € ?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/consumer-affairs/number-uk-pensioners-living-eu-falls-five-year-low/

And maybe it is not clear to you that people from EU countries already in the UK are free to stay.

Perhaps some of the UK pensioners passed away and were not replaced by others - 8,000 is not much.

Do you really have a point to make? That would certainly make a change.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Who phoned asking for an extension? The UK or the EU?

This of course comes on the back of the good old "Dead in a ditch" speech Johnson gave last year.

Aye you guys bottled it. Johnson knows hes a busted flush.

Yes, who called who? You don't know, do you?

• Like 1

Just now, sungod said:

I dont think so, just admit it was a silly post of yours.

Faceless unelected beaurocrats. The thing Brexiteers detest. So yeah lets have no double standards here. Lets have elections for those posts, and the House of Lords and the head of state while we are at it.

19 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

What a strange fantasy! You have no idea who called who, or what was said during the video call. 

I think you're losing the plot mate...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Rookiescot said:

Faceless unelected beaurocrats. The thing Brexiteers detest. So yeah lets have no double standards here. Lets have elections for those posts, and the House of Lords and the head of state while we are at it.

As I said, you are being silly now...............

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

I think that perhaps a glance at a map might persuade you that a ferry journey from Rosslare to Cherbourg or Roscoff takes about 18 hours or so. From Belfast or Dublin is going to be at least 24 hours at sea. The crossing is exposed to the vagaries of the Atlantic / Western Approaches weather which could dramatically increase the journey times. Roscoff (and Cherbourg only marginally less so) are about as far in France as you can get from the rest of the EU. 

I suspect that the logistics of driving through the UK with two short sea crossings, and ending up in the Pas de Calais or Belgium  will prove a more attractive prospect.

Inclusive all customs clearance: out of Eire (EU) , into UK, and at Dover or so out of the UK, and in F /B inside the EU again ?

Even on a T2 carnet, it wall last a LOT of customs clearance time, see (TIR=Transport International par Route). With a littlebit luck, a lot of traffic jam at Dover, so.. make up your transport scheduling mind.

This aside of a completely closed and sealed lorry needed.

Edited by puipuitom
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, CG1 Blue said:

What a strange fantasy! You have no idea who called who, or what was said during the video call. 

I think you're losing the plot mate...

Johnson phoned Ursula. Its a fact. Get used to it.

Your strange fantasy of the UK holding all the cards, they need us more than we need them, German car manufacturers, its all going wrong aint it. Now watch as Johnson eventually comes up with a deal the same as Mays deal but tells all you Brexiteers its a great deal, a fantastic deal. Its the "Deal of the century" ????

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, david555 said:

And how many pensioners or hollidaymakers in Europe ....? Or lately ...

City bankers working now on E.U. ground..?????

Remind: UK citizens in the EU will be treated as EU citizens in the UK.

Curious how this might work out....

54 minutes ago, puipuitom said:

Remind: UK citizens in the EU will be treated as EU citizens in the UK.

Curious how this might work out....

How dare E.U. to do that to the rulers of the waves ..... ? Would they  dare ? ????????????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, david555 said:

How dare E.U. to do that to the rulers of the waves ..... ? Would they  dare ? ????????????

Which waves ? a 12 miles zone around the tiny islands ? The times of Horatio Hornblower ( or do I now mix up names) are a 220 years ago.

Remind: the British still SAIL ... (in the diesel age for already a 90 years)

we will rule the waves.jpg

Edited by puipuitom