New three-tier lockdown planned for England - The Guardian

webfact

New three-tier lockdown planned for England - The Guardian

2020-10-04T222841Z_1_LYNXMPEG930VB_RTROPTP_4_HEALTH-CORONAVIRUS-BRITAIN.JPG

FILE PHOTO: A general view shows the Tyne Bridge as the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak continues, in Newcastle, Britain September 29, 2020. REUTERS/Lee Smith

(Reuters) - A new three-tier lockdown is being planned for England, The Guardian reported, citing leaked government documents which revealed tougher measures that could be implemented locally or nationally if the government fails to get COVID-19 cases under control.

The new lockdown would potentially entail harsher restrictions including the closure of pubs and a ban on all social contact outside household groups, the newspaper said https://bit.ly/3iz0GbQ.

According to the documents seen by The Guardian, the draft plan called the 'COVID-19 Proposed Social Distancing Framework' is designed to simplify the existing localized restrictions.

The plans have not yet been finalised and signed off by No.10 officials and several of the measures could still be relaxed, according to the newspaper.

Britain gradually came out of a national lockdown over the summer, but many areas including major cities such as Manchester and Glasgow are currently subject to local restrictions.

In an interview on Sunday British Prime Minister Boris Johnson denied a suggestion that the local restrictions were not working given infection rates were still rising in the affected areas and there was no end in sight to the measures.

The three-tier system is aimed at improving people's compliance with the rules, the Guardian said, stating that many citizens do not have a clear understanding of the rules that apply to them.

The levels are intended to be 'minimum standards' and specific local circumstances would also be taken into account, the newspaper said, citing a government source.

The government had last week announced a tightening of restrictions on socializing in northeast England, in response to high and increasing COVID-19 infection rates in the region - the latest in a series of local measures.

(Reporting by Rebekah Mathew in Bengaluru; Editing by Daniel Wallis)

reuters_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Reuters 2020-10-05

• Haha 1

Boris can never win in these situations, it's not just the UK, governments around the world are trying to stop loss of life, many think its just taking freedoms away, learn from history how bad it can get

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1185873-paris-bars-to-close-as-french-capital-placed-on-maximum-covid-alert/

France Italy and Spain are all having a terrible time with this. It's a Pandemic and needs strict controls, get over it

• Sad 2

"The three-tier system is aimed at improving people's compliance with the rules, the Guardian said, stating that many citizens do not have a clear understanding of the rules that apply to them."

Huh?

"The levels are intended to be 'minimum standards' and specific local circumstances would also be taken into account, the newspaper said, citing a government source."

I see. Crystal clear to me now. A very useful article defining the "three tiers" from a "government source", of course.  /sarc

• Sad 1

41 minutes ago, mr mr said:

or

the virus took out most of who it was going to at the start ? which was almost entirely the elderly and sick. 

ill stand by my post and in the weeks to come will eat my words if i'm wrong and you are right. i just don't see it. the graph is pretty......graphic. 

I am not trying to argue any particular point.  It has been well established that a rise in the death rate lags behind a rise in infections.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JonnyF said:

I can see another lockdown coming. If people can't be sensible in following the rules then it's inevitable.

It certainly doesn't help having reckless, irresponsible MP's like the SNP's very own Margaret Ferrier setting the example by taking a train after testing positive. What a disgrace she is, but typical of the hypocritical SNP unfortunately. 

You nationalists are obsessed. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

any reason why the government is inflating the deaths figures ?

Why include any death that had links to the virus, but had nothing to do with the actual death ?

If you remove these numbers of non virus deaths, the actual death rate becomes very much smaller, less than the "normal" flu and cold deaths

Same with testing. People can, and do carry this virus, and the flu and cold virus, without any effects or problems, so why test and include these otherwise healthy people, in the , shock, horror, rising cases

Would we not be better to isolate and lock down any elderly, infirm, sick people, while letting the millions of perfectly healthy and "almost" risk free people go about their lives, rather than ruining the lives and economy of millions for many years to come 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

The Scottish Nationalists are certainly obsessed with virtue signaling. It's a shame their behavior doesn't live up to this false virtue.

Not only irresponsible but hypocritical as well. No doubt you will be condemning her in the same way you were condemning Cummings? 

Imagine testing positive for Covid-19 and still catching a train packed with members of the public. Doing this as a Member of Parliament. Absolutely disgraceful behavior from this Scottish nationalist. Entirely consistent with the SNP though. Hypocrites to their very core. 

Do keep up.

On 10/3/2020 at 3:54 PM, RuamRudy said:

Resigned? Not so far but hopefully it is in the post.

But while we wait, why don't you tell us how she can be sacked? 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

You really haven't been paying attention, have you?

She has had the whip suspended and the FM has stated clearly that she thinks Freeman should resign as an MP. It is Johnson who has been coy, refusing to condemn her. I don't know whether that is out of loyalty to Cummings or his wife-abuser father, because both flagrantly disregarded the rules, but either way, the only signs of rank hypocrisy come from the Nasty Party - as usual. 

I don't recall you getting so exercised when Brian Windsor trailed his contaminated carcass across the country (at a cost of £19k to the taxpayer). I am sure, however, you would agree that the first to be sacked should be that spineless leech?

Whip suspended? "Thinks" she should resign? Wow Sturgeon's a real tough cookie isn't she.????

Neither Cummings nor Boris' father are MP's. Cummings didn't even have Covid when he travelled in his private car, not even comparable to what this SNP hypocrite did getting on public transport KNOWING she had it. What a disgrace from this SNP MP. Unbelievable hypocrisy after calling out Cummings. No shame whatsoever. Classic Scots nationalist.

No idea what you are talking about re. Brian Windsor.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Whip suspended? "Thinks" she should resign? Wow Sturgeon's a real tough cookie isn't she.????

Neither Cummings nor Boris' father are MP's. Cummings didn't even have Covid when he travelled in his private car, not even comparable to what this SNP hypocrite did getting on public transport KNOWING she had it. What a disgrace from this SNP MP. Unbelievable hypocrisy after calling out Cummings. No shame whatsoever. Classic Scots nationalist.

No idea what you are talking about re. Brian Windsor.

Maybe you could tell us what you think Sturgeon should do then? If you were the leader of a party and one of your MPs broke the rules, how would you respond?

• Thanks 1

Adding to Richard's post # 17

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanres/article/PIIS2213-2600(20)30453-7/fulltext

"When low pretest probability exists, positive results should be interpreted with caution and a second specimen tested for confirmation."

So perhaps, doubting the figures don't actually make people Covidiots....or even Loons.....?

27 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Maybe you could tell us what you think Sturgeon should do then? If you were the leader of a party and one of your MPs broke the rules, how would you respond?

Depends on if you thought COVID was significant/real or not.

I think it's bogus so I don't care if anyone 'breaks the rules' or not.

If you think it's real, you can lock yourself in at home, and what she did wouldn't affect you anyways.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

The UK has tested itself into an unnecessary panic. 

I would add with Very dubious testing that even the "inventor" states should not be used, PCR testing = very unreliable, the fact that this is an agenda seems to be beyond the understanding of most, they prefer to believe the MSM over facts.

The WEF is going to help out by taking on more "responsibilities though, this is the same forum that moved "industry" to China, yet folks still refuse to let it register what the true agenda is behind Controla virus!

image.png.44beebd7164a37a7732f1a978da2ec8f.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Depends on if you thought COVID was significant/real or not.

I think it's bogus so I don't care if anyone 'breaks the rules' or not.

If you think it's real, you can lock yourself in at home, and what she did wouldn't affect you anyways.

There are a few like you out there, sadly, the reason why some countries are suffering, and a reason why the bug has shown up again in countries where it was on the mend.....????

That reminds me, time for afternoon tea and fruit cake....

2 minutes ago, transam said:

There are a few like you out there, sadly,

There are a LOT like you out there - that sadly that are unable to grasp reality, you have spent too long being told what to believe!

Coffee and cake for me ???? 

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Sturgeon should resign. She's a disgrace (not only on Covid but generally) and the fish rots from the head.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

Article from The BMJ

https://www.bmj.com/content/369/bmj.m1808

"A systematic review of the accuracy of covid-19 tests reported false negative rates of between 2% and 29% (equating to sensitivity of 71-98%), based on negative RT-PCR tests which were positive on repeat testing..."

Link to above mentioned review:

https://scholar.google.com/scholar?q=Arevalo-Rodriguez+I%2C+Buitrago-Garcia+D%2C+Simancas-Racines+D%2C+et+al.+False-negative+results+of+initial+RT-PCR+assays+for+covid-19%3A+a+systematic+review.+medRxiv+20066787.+2020+doi%3A10.1101%2F2020.04.16.20066787%J

1 hour ago, RuamRudy said:

Wholly off topic, but obsessives must obsess. 

Deflection.

You asked me what Sturgeon should do. I answered. Now you claim it's off topic because you don't like attention being brought to the SNP MP disgracing herself and her party and Sturgeon doing nothing about it. ????

The SNP are divisive, irresponsible nationalists and an embarrassment to Scotland. 

• Thanks 1