New three-tier lockdown planned for England - The Guardian

webfact

6 hours ago, JonnyF said:

I can see another lockdown coming. If people can't be sensible in following the rules then it's inevitable.

It certainly doesn't help having reckless, irresponsible MP's like the SNP's very own Margaret Ferrier setting the example by taking a train after testing positive. What a disgrace she is, but typical of the hypocritical SNP unfortunately. 

Obviously taking her lead from Dominic Cummings, Boris's right hand man and mentor. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dunroaming said:

Obviously taking her lead from Dominic Cummings, Boris's right hand man and mentor. 

Is Cummings an MP that sits in the House making speeches.....?

Did this SNP MP slag off Cummings who didn't have C19 for travelling ....?

Yes or No will do...

1 minute ago, transam said:

Is Cummings an MP that sits in the House making speeches.....?

Did this SNP MP slag off Cummings who didn't have C19 for travelling ....?

Yes or No will do...

The SNP has said that Ferrier should go and and she will or she will be removed.  Remind what Boris's response was to Cummings and his jolly up north?

Cummings is not an MP but works in 10 Downing Street and is an integral part of the government machine.  Ferrier should go and will but the hypocrisy is alive and well. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, dunroaming said:

The SNP has said that Ferrier should go and and she will or she will be removed.  Remind what Boris's response was to Cummings and his jolly up north?

Cummings is not an MP but works in 10 Downing Street and is an integral part of the government machine.  Ferrier should go and will but the hypocrisy is alive and well. 

Nice dodge but a simple yes or no will do...Go for it....

16 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

Cummings didn't have a positive test for C19.

Cummings isn't an MP.

Cummings was in a private car as opposed to a packed train with members of the public.

Nice try at whataboutism though. A for effort. E for attainment.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

There is another significant facet to all of this: 

Massive increased testing, results in an increase in increased positives. 

A paper released in the Lancet [False-positive COVID-19 results: hidden problems and costs] highlights preliminary Covid-19 false positive estimates to be in the region of 0.8% to 4.0%

With the UK Covid-19 testing somewhere at levels >200,000 each day the numbers of false positives could range from 1600 to 8000 false positive cases.

On 2nd October: 264,979 people were tested for Covid-19 - on the same day there were 6968 positive Covid-19 cases reported.

The potential ‘false positive’ numbers for these results is anywhere between 2119 and 10600

The UK’s significant increase in cases falls well within the incidence of a false positive error margin.

The UK has tested itself into an unnecessary panic. 

You just explain why the death count is so low. False-positive does not die (of Covid).

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, transam said:

Nice dodge but a simple yes or no will do...Go for it....

Nice dodge as well.  You are slagging off the SNP in your post and I a pointing out that the Tories are just as irresponsible, especially when it was their Guru who stuck up a finger to the public over breaking the Covid lockdown rules.

Sturgeon runs the SNP and responded to this incident immediately and called for the MP to resign.  Johnson/Cummings runs the Tories but just made lame excuses and swept it under the carpet. 

I am not arguing that what Ferrier did was acceptable.  It is the cavalier way you put the blame on the SNP when they have responded far better than the Tories did.  You are saying it is not like for like but I am saying it is still comparable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Deflection.

You asked me what Sturgeon should do. I answered. Now you claim it's off topic because you don't like attention being brought to the SNP MP disgracing herself and her party and Sturgeon doing nothing about it. ????

The SNP are divisive, irresponsible nationalists and an embarrassment to Scotland. 

My apologies - I didn't actually realise that this was an attempt to answer my question. I had expected something... better.

Of course the SNP is not divisive - they have 60% of the country behind them. Scots are united like NEVER before in their desire for a better life away from the poisonous, corrupt UK. 

But still wholly off topic. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, dunroaming said:

Nice dodge as well.  You are slagging off the SNP in your post and I a pointing out that the Tories are just as irresponsi....ble, especially when it was their Guru who stuck up a finger to the public over breaking the Covid lockdown rules.

Sturgeon runs the SNP and responded to this incident immediately and called for the MP to resign.  Johnson/Cummings runs the Tories but just made lame excuses and swept it under the carpet. 

I am not arguing that what Ferrier did was acceptable.  It is the cavalier way you put the blame on the SNP when they have responded far better than the Tories did.  You are saying it is not like for like but I am saying it is still comparable.

I will try again and make it simpler for you.....................????

Cummings is NOT an MP and did NOT have C19 travelling in his CAR.....

The SNP lady IS an MP and DID have C19 travelling in a commuter TRAIN.....

1 hour ago, dunroaming said:

Nice dodge as well.  You are slagging off the SNP in your post and I a pointing out that the Tories are just as irresponsible, especially when it was their Guru who stuck up a finger to the public over breaking the Covid lockdown rules.

29 minutes ago, transam said:

I will try again and make it simpler for you.....................????

Cummings is NOT an MP and did NOT have C19 travelling in his CAR.....

The SNP lady IS an MP and DID have C19 travelling in a commuter TRAIN.....

Hey guys, play nice now. What has that to do with the new three tier lockdown that needs to be put in place for the country to have the slightest chance to cope with the misery they created from start? Just take a good look at the shameful numbers in dealing with the Covid-19 instead. 

• Like 2

Poll:  This COVID-19 crisis is the fault of: (a) the SNP (b) The Tories (c) Jeremy Corbyn (d) Chairman Mao (e) My next door neighbour (f) David Icke (g) Somebody else. (More than one answer possible).

• Haha 1

Don't worry - lockdown is not going to bite (if you live in a wealthy, Tory voting area).

No coronavirus lockdown for top Tory constituencies

"Wealthy areas, including the chancellor Rishi Sunak’s parliamentary seat, are avoiding lockdown despite having higher Covid-19 rates than poorer areas that are subject to restrictions, according to leaked emails between health officials."

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Don't worry - lockdown is not going to bite (if you live in a wealthy, Tory voting area).

No coronavirus lockdown for top Tory constituencies

"Wealthy areas, including the chancellor Rishi Sunak’s parliamentary seat, are avoiding lockdown despite having higher Covid-19 rates than poorer areas that are subject to restrictions, according to leaked emails between health officials."

Highly suggestive, that the overall risk isn't that serious.