60 day extensions

18 hours ago, 2530Ubon said:

60 day extension update;

IO confirmed that the price is 3,900 baht and NO DOCUMENTS ARE REQUIRED. Only fill in the form and provide the cash!  Great news for all.

I was under the impression this is not official yet.

Edited by jacko45k

4 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I was under the impression this is not official yet.

It was official on Tuesday, it had to be confirmed and rushed through because of all the people who didn’t or couldn’t (lots of embassies refused to issue letters) extend their visa at the end of the the last amnesty: 

For those people, they only have three weeks left to apply and my IO in Ubon was very busy today. 

1 hour ago, 2530Ubon said:

It was official on Tuesday, it had to be confirmed and rushed through because of all the people who didn’t or couldn’t (lots of embassies refused to issue letters) extend their visa at the end of the the last amnesty:

I have not seen anything official about it yet. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 2530Ubon said:

Sorry, I thought I saw you post the link to the order yesterday and waiting for a translation. 

That was Monday for the immigration announcement for the 30 day extensions and etc related to cabinet approval of the ministerial announcement posted in the royal gazette extending the amnesty to the 31st last week. I have the translation of it and there is nothing about the 60 day extension in it.

I checked  the cabinet meeting summary for this past Tuesday for something about them and it was not there. I have also checked the royal gazette and nothing there either.

54 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That was Monday for the immigration announcement for the 30 day extensions and etc related to cabinet approval of the ministerial announcement posted in the royal gazette extending the amnesty to the 31st last week. I have the translation of it and there is nothing about the 60 day extension in it.

I checked  the cabinet meeting summary for this past Tuesday for something about them and it was not there. I have also checked the royal gazette and nothing there either.

What a mystery! Giving out forms and info for something unofficial is a bit odd! Well if they renege on the 30th Nov stamp on Monday, I’ll try applying directly for the 60 days. 

4 minutes ago, 2530Ubon said:

What a mystery! Giving out forms and info for something unofficial is a bit odd! Well if they renege on the 30th Nov stamp on Monday, I’ll try applying directly for the 60 days. 

The form might be for the 30 day extensions also for those who cannot get letters from their embassy.

44 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The form might be for the 30 day extensions also for those who cannot get letters from their embassy.

Yes, perhaps they are using it for both... 30 days to all who couldn’t or didn’t extend under the last visa then 60 days with the same form. That might be why some people are reporting visa end dates of 30th December 

7 minutes ago, edwardandtubs said:

Do you think if I waited until 25 October I would get the 30 days and 60 days in one visit, taking me to the end of January? I've got a regular tourist visa extension to 26 October.

If you to immigration now they will change your extension date to November 30th without paying a fee.

Then in November you could apply for the 60 day extension.

I am sure they would not do both at the same time.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

If you to immigration now they will change your extension date to November 30th without paying a fee.

Then in November you could apply for the 60 day extension.

I am sure they would not do both at the same time.

Do you think MTT would change my extension date to 30th November next week even though I got it from Ubon?

4 minutes ago, edwardandtubs said:

Do you think MTT would change my extension date to 30th November next week even though I got it from Ubon?

I think they would do it since you apparently do not have a under consideration stamp.

It would certainly be worth trying at least.

• Like 1

I'm curious to see the reports of people next week going in for extensions to see if the 60 day starting in November becomes standard in Muang Thong Thani, or if it will remain as it currently is with the consideration stamp and the november 30th date.

I did not go prior to September 26th so we'll so how it goes when I do decide to go in.  

The other thing I don't understand is the "under consideration" stamp, which requires you to come back and leads to even more crowding.  What exactly are they considering?  Especially when you come in with an embassy letter, and all the appropriate documentation. 

Is some actually looking over  your paperwork during that period? Sounds like it's just a pointless loophole they make you jump through since it see appears that everyone who gets "under consideration" gets the extension. 

7 minutes ago, Chrisroundtheworld said:

I did not go prior to September 26th so we'll so how it goes when I do decide to go in.  

If you have not applied for a 30 day extension yet you will not get a stamp to November 30th. You would have to apply for a 30 day extension to get it

I don't think Muang Thong Thani is doing 60 day extensions yet since the is no written order for them.

13 minutes ago, Chrisroundtheworld said:

The other thing I don't understand is the "under consideration" stamp, which requires you to come back and leads to even more crowding.  What exactly are they considering?  Especially when you come in with an embassy letter, and all the appropriate documentation. 

Is some actually looking over  your paperwork during that period? Sounds like it's just a pointless loophole they make you jump through since it see appears that everyone who gets "under consideration" gets the extension. 

I'm hoping this is true. So far, Samui IO is telling me on the phone that they won't have the okay from the head office for the under consideration extensions until Oct 20 at the earliest. I applied early, on Sept 9, and have a return date of Oct 11. They also asked me my nationality, as another poster was also asked. Why they're waiting until late in the month is concerning. I hope there are no surprises.

Edited by ehgnyc

I'll give it a few more days to see what's going on.  On another thread there are pictures of passports with the dec 30th date, but those are probably not from MTT. 

I'm fine with november 30th, and I want to get it over with and avoid the late month crowding, but I'll stand on the sidelines just a little longer and see if anyone from MTT gets the Dec 30th (not likely next week).