Barclays card pin reader

rocky123

If you have registered your address with them, they can send you a new. If you have a card, you can mostly take out money on the card in a Thai bank.

If you have a card connected to your account, you will also be able to use ATM.

Last, but not least, you always need to have a personal bank connection that knows you in your local or nearest branch who can solve your problems over a phone call.

Most banks also have the option of phone banking.

Unfortunately, I do not have a Barclays Card Reader. You might also be able to get some help from Barclays Investment Bank, if they still reside in Lumpini Bangkok.

Edited by Matzzon

Not sure what you use your PIN Sentry for but if it's just for generating codes so that you can access your online banking then I suggest that you download the Barclays app to your phone and use the mobile Pin Sentry that it provides.  Unfortunately, you probably need an actual PIN Sentry to activate the app but it's well worth doing as a backup, once you can.

I tend to use the mobile PIN Sentry as I've found the physical device to be less than 100% reliable.  I've had my card blocked once and on another occasion the device just gave up, which seems to be the problem that you have.

Yes, any UK bank PIN reader should work.

36 minutes ago, doctormann said:

I tend to use the mobile PIN Sentry as I've found the physical device to be less than 100% reliable.

That's interesting because the last time I used my card reader  to log into my account the website kept saying wrong authorization code (or some such)  even though I was sure I had done everything correctly with the card reader  it took me 3 attempts before  it let me in...really worrying that I would get locked out and have to contact the dreaded "help line"

1 minute ago, johng said:

That's interesting because the last time I used my card reader  to log into my account the website kept saying wrong authorization code (or some such)  even though I was sure I had done everything correctly with the card reader  it took me 3 attempts before  it let me in...really worrying that I would get locked out and have to contact the dreaded "help line"

Yes, you only get three goes before the card is locked.

In my case, it would not accept what I knew to be the right PIN number for the card.

If you ask the helpline - usually someone in Mumbai who is hard to understand - they will tell you that you can reset the card 'in any Barclays ATM".  Not a great deal of use if you are in Thailand.

I've found them to be quite good when it comes to getting a card replaced.  They will use a courier service if you ask so you get the card within a few days.  Of course, COVID may slow things up at the moment.

• 4 weeks later...