'Don’t be afraid' of virus, Trump says as he prepares to leave hospital

webfact

13 minutes ago, Phoenix Rising said:

''A slap in the face': Families of COVID-19 victims slam president's downplaying of his diagnosis'

"Hours before he was released from a hospital stay for his coronavirus diagnosis Monday, President Trump tweeted his thoughts on the pandemic that's killed over 210,000 Americans, saying, "Don't be afraid."

But for scores of families who've lost loved ones to the disease, as well as first responders and other advocates, the response was far different. Many of them slammed the president's cavalier sentiment and warned that it could make the situation worse."

That "slap on the face" started with the 1st press conference given by the Walter Reed medical team a couple of days ago when they had just started treating Trump, bragging about the care they bestowed on the Orange one as if he were new Buddha reborn.

Shame on you Docs, all that supreme care, national resources and expertise devoted to one supremely despicable being (I'm refraining myself from typing "human") while hundreds of thousands of your fellow Americans - among whom many were your medical colleagues as well - perished from the lack thereof. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Morch said:

You're not talking for "we".

Oh, but I am, because if there's a magic cure with no need to wait for side effects, then everyone would love to know about it. Thailand's lockdown can end! Now, since you know, do tell: who said it? We'd like to check the credentials to verify.

3 hours ago, Morch said:

Consult your own post celebrating the the 'hope'. Then try for the context of posts by other Trump supporters on this topic.

I did. But I saw no "celebration" there (made that up too, heh) and the cause for "some" was entirely justified by evidence of an unusually mild case, so far, of a subject in a high-risk category who was able to leave the hospital surprisingly early, so shocking liberal journalists everywhere. Nothing new here, except more evidence in an unusual case. Data has previously shown that some patients who received remdesivir recovered faster

During an appearance alongside President Trump in the Oval Office, Anthony Fauci, the director of NIAID, part of the National Institutes of Health, said the data are a “very important proof of concept” and that there was reason for optimism. He cautioned the data were not a “knockout.” At the same time, the study achieved its primary goal, which was to improve the time to recovery, which was reduced by four days for patients on remdesivir.   

--https://www.statnews.com/2020/04/29/gilead-says-critical-study-of-covid-19-drug-shows-patients-are-responding-to-treatment/

"Reason for optimism." That is, "some" hope. Studies I've seen all mention possible side effects, so again: who said no side effects and magic cure?????

Edited by BigStar
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Has there been been anything in the news that Trump tested negative for SARS-CoV-2 before he was released from the hospital? I keep searching but find nothing except "he's not out the woods yet" (can't remember who said that)

I've found the part about the woods. It was his lead physician, Dr. Conley, who said "He may not entirely be out of the woods yet".

Source: https://www.cnbc.com/video/2020/10/05/he-may-not-entirely-be-out-of-the-woods-yet-trumps-doctor-on-presidents-discharge.html

Anything in the news about a more recent press briefing by Dr. Conley? 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Maestro said:

Has there been been anything in the news that Trump tested negative for SARS-CoV-2 before he was released from the hospital? I keep searching but find nothing except "he's not out the woods yet" (can't remember who said that)

Going with the assumption his infection is genuine  I doubt  it.

There was some confusing  discussion around him testing negative which related to time and tests prior to his eventual  positive result . Further to that is some criticism of the  "preferred" test used at the White House which is  known to  throw  false  negative results.

21 minutes ago, J Town said:

Right at this moment 45 is exhibiting the poorest behavior of any world leader.

Or, maybe not. Former NYT reporter:

"Six months ago, even then, that response really didn't make sense but there were reasons for it," Berenson explained. "But we are six months on and we know that if you believe the [World Health Organization] and 750 million people have been infected with this, that the death rate is about 1 in 1000... if you believe in the CDC numbers, it might be 997... it is a tiny death rate. And we have gone crazy and we have sacrificed our kids and we have sacrificed society and Donald Trump walked out of that hospital today and said what needed to be said. We have to stop being so afraid of this."

--https://www.foxnews.com/media/alex-berenson-trump-coronavirus

Really nothing that ace TVF Virologists and TAT: TVF shouldn't applaud, having advocated for the same from the beginning, warning the Thai Authorities not to lockdown!

27 minutes ago, J Town said:

Thank goodness even his base is waking up, particularly the elderly, to what an oafish example 45 is setting.

The elderly wouldn't want any opening up of the economy but would prefer a total lockdown to be sure they themselves are totally safe. It's much like old farts here advocating for lockdown. It may be safer, true, except NY was locked down yet a nursing home then became a death trap. These seniors don't work, don't worry about losing jobs, and, so well educated, figure the government will never run out of money to support them, as it can simply print more anytime. Which it's been doing rather furiously.

So it all just depends on your situation. Sweden seemed to find the right balance after a rocky start.

Excerpt from https://www.marketwatch.com/story/trump-may-not-be-out-of-the-woods-yet-as-he-leaves-hospital-doctor-says-2020-10-05:

President Donald Trump has met or exceeded discharge criteria after being treated for COVID-19, but is not “out of the woods” yet, his physician told reporters Monday.

What are the "discharge criteria after being treated for COVID-19" to which Dr. Sean Conley referred here?

33 minutes ago, BigStar said:

I did. But I saw no "celebration" there (made that up too, heh) and the cause for "some" was entirely justified by evidence of an unusually mild case, so far, of a subject in a high-risk category who was able to leave the hospital surprisingly early, so shocking liberal journalists everywhere.

Yes all mild cases get airlifted to a leading military hospital and are sequestered amongst a small squadron of the some of the leading physicians in the country who sole purpose is his singular care and well being....while he is administered oxygen therapy twice in two days for two episodes of dangerous oxygen level drops in his blood and are given a battery of the most elite experimental drugs in the world that the average person at this point of time would have little to no hope of receiving...and steroids designed for patients who have a dangerous drop in oxygen levels. 

I get it, he is the POTUS and it is in the best interest of country that he receive this kind of care and attention but do not insult the rest of our intelligence by saying his case is mild. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Dumbastheycome said:

Going with the assumption his infection is genuine  I doubt  it.

There was some confusing  discussion around him testing negative which related to time and tests prior to his eventual  positive result . Further to that is some criticism of the  "preferred" test used at the White House which is  known to  throw  false  negative results.

You are dealing in conspiracy theories, very sad ! John Hopkins and this doctor  would not puts its reputation on the line with nonsensical conspiracy theories

Dr. Brian Garibaldi, director of the biocontainment unit at the Baltimore hospital, is consulting with White House doctors and the Walter Reed National Military Medical Center in Bethesda to develop a treatment plan for President Trump, a Hopkins spokeswoman said.

“Johns Hopkins Medicine is committed to providing the highest level of medical expertise to assist in the care of the President,” the Hopkins spokeswoman said in an email.

https://www.wmar2news.com/news/local-news/johns-hopkins-doctor-helping-in-coronavirus-treatment-of-president-trump

Edited by riclag
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, riclag said:

You are dealing in conspiracy theories ! John Hopkins and this doctor  would not puts its reputation on the line

Dr. Brian Garibaldi, director of the biocontainment unit at the Baltimore hospital, is consulting with White House doctors and the Walter Reed National Military Medical Center in Bethesda to develop a treatment plan for President Trump, a Hopkins spokeswoman said.

“Johns Hopkins Medicine is committed to providing the highest level of medical expertise to assist in the care of the President,” the Hopkins spokeswoman said in an email.

https://www.wmar2news.com/news/local-news/johns-hopkins-doctor-helping-in-coronavirus-treatment-of-president-trump

Excuse me? Where /how/what conspiracy theories?

10 minutes ago, BigStar said:

Or, maybe not. Former NYT reporter:

"Six months ago, even then, that response really didn't make sense but there were reasons for it," Berenson explained. "But we are six months on and we know that if you believe the [World Health Organization] and 750 million people have been infected with this, that the death rate is about 1 in 1000... if you believe in the CDC numbers, it might be 997... it is a tiny death rate. And we have gone crazy and we have sacrificed our kids and we have sacrificed society and Donald Trump walked out of that hospital today and said what needed to be said. We have to stop being so afraid of this."

--https://www.foxnews.com/media/alex-berenson-trump-coronavirus

Really nothing that ace TVF Virologists and TAT: TVF shouldn't applaud, having advocated for the same from the beginning, warning the Thai Authorities not to lockdown!

The elderly wouldn't want any opening up of the economy but would prefer a total lockdown to be sure they themselves are totally safe. It's much like old farts here advocating for lockdown. It may be safer, true, except NY was locked down yet a nursing home then became a death trap. These seniors don't work, don't worry about losing jobs, and, so well educated, figure the government will never run out of money to support them, as it can simply print more anytime. Which it's been doing rather furiously.

So it all just depends on your situation. Sweden seemed to find the right balance after a rocky start.

Berenson simply moved to the more promising Covid territory, after his marijuana line of stories failed. Can't say he's doing much better there.

Your disdain for 'the elderly' ('old farts' etc.) is dully noted. Same goes for the inane generalizations offered.

4 minutes ago, riclag said:

read your first sentence 

"Going with the assumption his infection is genuine  I doubt  it".

Note ...

As is answer to the question put ...did Trump test negative to covid-19 when he left the Navy Hospital? ...I doubt it . Ever so sorry if  my wording  ignited some defence mechanism !

Edited by Dumbastheycome
small addition

9 minutes ago, riclag said:

You are dealing in conspiracy theories, very sad ! John Hopkins and this doctor  would not puts its reputation on the line with nonsensical conspiracy theories

What does the link provided have to do either with your comment or the post you were responding to?

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

I can't believe it. The most scary virus since bubonic plague and ebola, beated by an obese McDonalds munching old man as if it was a common cold. What a lion. And for heavens sake, let's open up our countries and economies. This is all the proof I need that Trump has (once again!!) been proven absolutely correct and his haters proven totally wrong.

I'll see your 'beaten by an obese McDonalds munching old man' and raise you 210,000 dead and counting! 

• Thanks 2

There is a huge difference between "fear" and having "a healthy respect" for things like sickness, storage of guns, removing a dangerous snake from your property, driving your car, even taking a girl home for the night....

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tagged said:

@webfact

I guess this now we should start for real fearing this man getting back in the seat after the election. 

I don't think so, I saw a clip of him after returning to the WH, he was struggling to breath (using his back muscles to lift his chest) and wincing in pain so he may soon be going to where all the degenerate cheats and liars go (get your asbestos suit ready Don)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, BigStar said:

I'd trust an ace TV  virologist more than Fox news.

19 minutes ago, BigStar said:

Sweden seemed to find the right balance after a rocky start.

Sweden has done very badly. Compare it to other Scandanavian countries. I gave a full explanation of this but was deleted as "off topic".

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Morch said:

Nah, you're just a poster, not the voice of "we". Kinda funny how much energy you invest in deflecting and obfuscating just to avoid acknowledging simple points made.

Again, we'd like to know your sources of info "no side effects" and "magic cure." You haven't yet made any points to acknowledge yet, so I can't be doing that. You ready to answer?

14 minutes ago, Morch said:

For all the waffle on offer, the treatment Trump received is still experimental. Kinda doubt the doctors and firms involved are quite as ready to draw general conclusions based on a specific case, as Trump supporters do on this topic. Take it a step further, I doubt they will commit regarding the treatments' effect on the President as well. 

Exactly. So it seems you've now backpedaled and contradicted your "magic cure" nonsense. Excellent!

16 minutes ago, Morch said:

That Trump supporters treat it as some magic cure, and that you try to spin it as if I claimed there's such a magic cure, that's just the level of discussion and nonsense expected on these topics.

They don't at all, which I asked for your source of information, which you don't have. Hence, all you have is your spin on some imaginary silly belief by Trump supporters. So now you've merely proved my "straw man" point. Excellent!

18 minutes ago, Morch said:

There is no real explanation as to the rationale of releasing him from hospital.

If you had been in hospital, received treatment, showed sufficient signs of recovery, then felt well enough to leave; and, in addition, your doctors, who have all the numbers, agreed that it's safe for you to leave and continue treatment at home, where you have much you could be usefully doing. And there you also have docs, nurses, and facilities. We all understand home quarantine. Oh, then it would be crystal clear to you.

Only in this case, however obvious it is, can't be clear.???? In fact, though, it makes sense. Kinda reminds of Boris' case in the UK. Conspirators here all insisted he was forced into the hsp near death and on a ventilator, gonna die, all kinds of rubbish. 

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

I'll see your 'beaten by an obese McDonalds munching old man' and raise you 210,000 dead and counting! 

These 210,000 I keep on reading about here, are they dead solely because of coronavirus, or happened to die while having corona? A vast difference. I remember an amusing meme back in spring. It was a photo of a Lambo some 1/2wit had driven off an elevated highway and managed to get the car stuck through a condo window about 5 stories up, with no way of surviving such a mangled wreck. The text read something along the lines of 'Here's the latest 2 corona victims." Food for thought....

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2