All visa extensions in effect from Nov 1

webfact

3 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

1) When you go back on Oct 20th they will (Should!!!) extend your permission to stay until 30th November, if they don't try politely pointing this out to them... 

(I see somebody has just replied to confirm that this is what happened to them at MTT

2) There was a new extension announced which was due to be available from 1st November and will allow you to extend for rolling 60 days until it's deemed the CV19 situation has sufficiently changed.

Full details of this are still to be published so it's not clear whether you will need a letter from your Embassy (Early suggestions were that you wouldn't) AND/OR proof of finances (Given a 60 day Visa has been announced for people wanting to visit Thailand which requires them to have 500K in their account for the past 6 months, I would put money on some financial proof being required for this extension & wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't the same... but that's me applying logic to an environment where it rarely seems to apply). 

So if I’m stamped until November 30 like above states - I could perhaps get the 60 day’s if I turn up on November 30 which could give me until January 30? ?

23 minutes ago, Max69xl said:
38 minutes ago, GeorgeCross said:

can't speak for him.. but i personally won't be doing anymore annual extensions whilst immigration are giving out the free visas

i'll be feasting at the buffet with everyone else!

I was referring to annual extensions, nothing else.  

fixed.

49 minutes ago, Jackcwba said:

So if I’m stamped until November 30 like above states - I could perhaps get the 60 day’s if I turn up on November 30 which could give me until January 30? ?

If the new 60 day extension comes to be as announced & you meet the requirements then yes, you will be able to extend your current permission to stay by 60 days. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

immigration amnesty 2020-11-01 new permission effective date.jpg 

Is it possible to complain about misrepresenting the truth in Thailand? The smiling, helpful and polite looking immigration woman in this photo bears no resemblance at all, in the slightest to the stern, mean spirited, battle-axe I deal with at Chaeng Wattana. Why do they want to appear approachable in the photos and then train their staff to be obnoxious and unhelpful? It doesn't make sense.

12 hours ago, Neeranam said:

I'm amazed at long term expats here that don't know the month in Thai; its obvious which months have 30 days. 

The problem is that Thais don't even use the system. They just shorten everything and leave off the syllable which denotes the number of days.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

So if I do not read into this at all, then everyone who gets or got a 30 day extension regardless of when, will have that 30 days start on November 1st and end on the 31st.  This is either now a drop dead date for those visas to expire and folks to obtain a 1 year extension of stay or leave Thailand.  It will cause more overcrowding on the 31st of November if they do not roll over again. Or maybe this just become a new rolling 30 day period, Again speculation on my part.

Are you saying these extensions never end?   Or did you honestly not know that there has never been nor will there ever be a November 31st?

The intelligence level on this forum is beyond comprehension.  

• Haha 1

On 10/7/2020 at 12:12 AM, ThailandRyan said:

It will cause more overcrowding on the 31st of November if they do not roll over again. Or maybe this just become a new rolling 30 day period, Again speculation on my part.

...keep rolling, rollin, rollin......

31st Nov ain't happening.

Hello everyone, 

I am in Pattaya now. I will need to extension my visa oct 9th, but in my passport, I have December 12th stamp. Last time, I was extend my visa at Bangkok Immigration staring August 12th to Oct 9th. I am not sure if I need to go at Pattaya immigration tomorrow to extend or should wait till Nov 1th or should I need to go extend my visa at Bangkok Immigration?

Can anyone give me advise? 

Thank you so much

On 10/8/2020 at 1:44 AM, kuzmabruk said:

Are you saying these extensions never end?   Or did you honestly not know that there has never been nor will there ever be a November 31st?

The intelligence level on this forum is beyond comprehension.  

A not uncommon error which does not always reflect "intelligence level".

I had a marriage non O from Savannakhet valid until 14 December 2020.

I decided to apply for a 1 year extn using monthly income on the 9th Sept as I didn't want to wait any longer in the run up to the 26th Sept deadline.

I was under consideration and went back on the 9th Oct.

I collected my extn and it's valid until 31st October 2021, upto and including the 31st.

On 10/7/2020 at 7:14 AM, nobodysfriend said:

Foreigners already in the country are no security risk , in what concerns the virus , to Thailand .

They spend their money here , help the economy to recover ... , ( just a little bit , but ... ) and should be allowed to stay at least until they run out of cash ...

This seems so blately obvious, doesn't it? I know Thai government folks struggle with thoughtful decision-making, but they can't be THIS oblivious—especially after receiving so much outside input on this for the past four months.

So I'm curious: what's REALLY behind Thai immigration not providing longer-term (if only temporary) visas for the foreigners already here?