All visa extensions in effect from Nov 1

webfact

2 questions then,

1 ) I went on 25th before the deadline and got a under consideration stamp till 20 October - so when I go back then I will be stamped till 30 November at muang thani again? Has anybody had any success doing this at MTT? I came on a TR 60 And used a covid letter this day

2) I read somewhere that after November 30 - we can then apply for a 60 day extension or something ? Which would see us through to next year? Richard barrel posted it but half the time he is wrong

@ubonjoe or anybody know?

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Matzzon said:

It would also be very good to have a paper, document from immigration for everybody concerned regarding this matter.

with at least 3  copies and signed by the head of  immigration in blue  ink with photos

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

So if I do not read into this at all, then everyone who gets or got a 30 day extension regardless of when, will have that 30 days start on November 1st and end on the 31st.  This is either now a drop dead date for those visas to expire and folks to obtain a 1 year extension of stay or leave Thailand.  It will cause more overcrowding on the 31st of November if they do not roll over again. Or maybe this just become a new rolling 30 day period, Again speculation on my part.

November does not have 31 days, only 30.

• Sad 3

29 minutes ago, Jackcwba said:

2 questions then,

1 ) I went on 25th before the deadline and got a under consideration stamp till 20 October - so when I go back then I will be stamped till 30 November at muang thani again? Has anybody had any success doing this at MTT? I came on a TR 60 And used a covid letter this day

2) I read somewhere that after November 30 - we can then apply for a 60 day extension or something ? Which would see us through to next year? Richard barrel posted it but half the time he is wrong

@ubonjoe or anybody know?

1) When you go back on Oct 20th they will (Should!!!) extend your permission to stay until 30th November, if they don't try politely pointing this out to them... 

(I see somebody has just replied to confirm that this is what happened to them at MTT

2) There was a new extension announced which was due to be available from 1st November and will allow you to extend for rolling 60 days until it's deemed the CV19 situation has sufficiently changed.

Full details of this are still to be published so it's not clear whether you will need a letter from your Embassy (Early suggestions were that you wouldn't) AND/OR proof of finances (Given a 60 day Visa has been announced for people wanting to visit Thailand which requires them to have 500K in their account for the past 6 months, I would put money on some financial proof being required for this extension & wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't the same... but that's me applying logic to an environment where it rarely seems to apply). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ebumbu said:

Do I understand correctly that this has nothing to do with so-called retirement visa extensions? 

It will only impact your retirement extension if you're extending it between now & the 31st of October (e.g. if your permission to stay expires on the 10th Oct 2020 & you went in tomorrow, you would be extended until 31st Oct 2021 instead of the 10th Oct 2021)

However, if your extension was due on 10th Oct 2020 & you've already extended until 10th Oct 2021 then it remains unchanged.

I'm not sure Immigration realise that their actions discourage "Good Habits "(Extending as soon as possible) & actively encourage "Bad Habits" (For "Tourists", don't bother extending, they'll be another amnesty after this one, for long-term visa holders, leave it to the last possible minute so you get extra days)

Edited by Mike Teavee

2 minutes ago, dutchbull said:

So they said All visas.... does that mean my annual visa starts ticking again from November 1 and have full year again? Would be big surprise

(Somewhat reading between the lines here) They're again trying to get people to extend as soon as possible & not be hit with a mad rush on the 31st October so all extensions done between now & the end of October (Including the ones that are done as part of the under consideration process) will start from 1st November, any existing extensions already done will remain unchanged. 

For what it is worth, finally got my "O" visa yesterday, on the basis of marriage.

A little confusing. We applied 31 August, and were kept waiting until October, but the stamp reads 22 September, and good until 20 Dec.

Mai Bennett rain, because "the Boss" says we will go back 15 Nov., or thereabouts, to apply for my one year extension. 

I rather enjoyed the Savannaket joints, and getting the whole bit done in one go, and having ( a rare) beer Lao in the obligatory overnight stay, and sometimes travelling around the country a bit.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ezzra said:

As they say, all good things must come to and end, and thus did the free ride, and now things are back to normal, well, as normal as can be in this fairy land we call home...

What is back to normal in your opinion? 

29 minutes ago, dutchbull said:

So they said All visas.... does that mean my annual visa starts ticking again from November 1 and have full year again? Would be big surprise

Is it to much work for you to do your annual extensions as usual? As I see it, you're not affected by the amnesty. 

12 minutes ago, Kwaibill said:

I rather enjoyed the Savannaket joints, and getting the whole bit done in one go, and having ( a rare) beer Lao in the obligatory overnight stay, and sometimes travelling around the country a bit.

Same here. The overnight stay, the beer Lao and especially not having to worry about "proof of funds" always made those trips quite enjoyable...

• Like 1

Just to let you know that new Zealand are extending again this pension payment to 27th April next year.         They started this Special assistance Programmer for pensioners stock over seas in all counties from April this year so they are now really paying you your pension for a whole extra year if you are stuck over seas.   NICE

Kia ora 

The Special Assistance Programme created to continue payments for New Zealanders stranded overseas is being extended and will now end on 27 April 2021.

We understand you're stranded overseas - this means you're receiving Special Assistance payments.

We want to make sure you get paid correctly, so please email us at [email protected] only if you:

• are not planning on returning to New Zealand as soon as travel allows, or
  • have any change in circumstances, or
  • don't think the circumstances we've described apply to you, or
  • are receiving payments but don't think we have this right.

Why don`t they just let people renew there visa every 90 days set a fee ie 1,900 baht. No problem with reporting, and they can take some more cash from falang. Better than coming up with these crazy dates like 31st of November 555.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ray666 said:

Why don`t they just let people renew there visa every 90 days set a fee ie 1,900 baht. No problem with reporting, and they can take some more cash from falang. Better than coming up with these crazy dates like 31st of November 555.

Common sense is what your suggesting.  The Visa system here is about control and ensuring that you have what is needed to stay here long time and not become a problem to them.

2 hours ago, Max69xl said:

Is it to much work for you to do your annual extensions as usual? As I see it, you're not affected by the amnesty. 

can't speak for him.. but i personally won't be doing anymore extensions whilst immigration are giving out the free visas

i'll be feasting at the buffet with everyone else!

• Like 1

Had to look it up: Pritsajikayon.  I wonder how many posters can really remember the months of the year.  I certainly can’t.

As I understand it, year-long extensions are not technically visa extensions so the November 1st extension date does not apply to them.  My extension of stay is good until May but I wish that some helpful policy for those with long-term extensions who are stuck outside of Thailand would be thought of.  Returning on the special 90-day renewable tourist visa is expensive!

9 hours ago, steelepulse said:

I wonder if this includes the 60 day extensions?  It seems those who actually adhered to regulations by using legal 60 day extensions haven't fared any better than those who didn't.

What is an illegal 60 days extension? 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, DogNo1 said:

Had to look it up: Pritsajikayon.  I wonder how many posters can really remember the months of the year.  I certainly can’t.

As I understand it, year-long extensions are not technically visa extensions so the November 1st extension date does not apply to them.  My extension of stay is good until May but I wish that some helpful policy for those with long-term extensions who are stuck outside of Thailand would be thought of.  Returning on the special 90-day renewable tourist visa is expensive!

People on 1 year extensions based on retirement on an initial Non-O have to wait until they let them in or the restrictions incl quarantine are removed. It will happen, eventually.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, GeorgeCross said:

can't speak for him.. but i personally won't be doing anymore extensions whilst immigration are giving out the free visas

i'll be feasting at the buffet with everyone else!

I was referring to annual extensions, nothing else.