All visa extensions in effect from Nov 1

webfact

5 minutes ago, steelepulse said:

I wonder if this includes the 60 day extensions?  It seems those who actually adhered to regulations by using legal 60 day extensions haven't fared any better than those who didn't.

so what do you think should happen ?

are you getting your 60 days ?

• Like 2

I'm just happy I didn't use any of the amnesty and got my 1 year extension at my regular time. So far, the only effect this has had on me is needing to get 2 new passports in 2 years. :wai: (the 1 yr emergency PP at the height of all this and a new 10 yr next yr when things are "new" normal)

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Irrespective of when an individual’s visa was or will be extended, they will all take effect from November 1.

@ubonjoe @webfact For those that need something more official:  

https://www.immigration.go.th/en/?avada_portfolio=การอนุญาตให้คนต่างด้าว-2

immigration amnesty 2020-11-01 new permission effective date.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

So if I do not read into this at all, then everyone who gets or got a 30 day extension regardless of when, will have that 30 days start on November 1st and end on the 31st.  This is either now a drop dead date for those visas to expire and folks to obtain a 1 year extension of stay or leave Thailand.  It will cause more overcrowding on the 31st of November if they do not roll over again. Or maybe this just become a new rolling 30 day period, Again speculation on my part.

Dont like to nit pick, but I will. How long has November had 31 days? My calendar only ever has 30 days for that month.

• Sad 2

39 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Absolutely correct, I never looked at the final draft and screwed that one up...lol.  Yes 30 days.

image.png.7b99e303b9c6ed66dc06dcbf6471b301.png

I'm amazed at long term expats here that don't know the month in Thai; its obvious which months have 30 days. 

It would be nice if the 90 days in 90 day check-in began on Nov. 1

My passport expires next year. I assume I should get a new one six months before my current one expires.

Edited by gunghang

1 hour ago, nobodysfriend said:

Foreigners already in the country are no security risk , in what concerns the virus , to Thailand .

They spend their money here , help the economy to recover ... , ( just a little bit , but ... ) and should be allowed to stay at least until they run out of cash ...

What about the ones working illegally, do you think they should be allowed to stay? Money needs to come from somewhere 

Can anyone give me a clue what's gonna happen in my case. Currently employed at the big company with 1 year nonb visa and WP until December.

However due to the pandemic I'm being laid off by 1 November - I have a month left pretty much. How do I manage my visa the best way afterwards? Thanks

4 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

So if I do not read into this at all, then everyone who gets or got a 30 day extension regardless of when, will have that 30 days start on November 1st and end on the 31st.  This is either now a drop dead date for those visas to expire and folks to obtain a 1 year extension of stay or leave Thailand.  It will cause more overcrowding on the 31st of November if they do not roll over again. Or maybe this just become a new rolling 30 day period, Again speculation on my part.

I take it that if you paid for some kind of extension prior to sept 26, it will officially be like you got it Nov 1, and not the date you originally got it stamped.

5 hours ago, ezzra said:

As they say, all good things must come to and end, and thus did the free ride, and now things are back to normal, well, as normal as can be in this fairy land we call home...

Comments like this have been floating around for 4 months now, it's comical because it gets extended everytime. I believe extension can be done inside the country for a small fee. Leaving us who had to jump through many hoops to get our yearly NON O extension fuming (as it seems by the comments)

4 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

The 31st of November?  No such date.  But that aside, yes. All currently granted visa extensions or extensions granted between now and 31st October, a month that does have 31 days, will commence from 1st November.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Neeranam said:

I'm amazed at long term expats here that don't know the month in Thai; its obvious which months have 30 days. 

Guess, you want us to start writing just in Thai for you then.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1