Residence cert for DL

31 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

If my memory is correct they took that from me in Jomtiem and gave me a different one to fill in. It also certainly does not include all the possible reasons for needing a COR.

That is the one (or was) posted on the immigration website. Jomtien may of made up their own form.

5 hours ago, jackdd said:

No, that's for permanent residents.

You just go to your immigration office and tell them what you want. Take the usual copies, your rental contract and passport sized photos with you, then you should be good to go at most offices.

You need to fill in the correct form for the Resident Certificate. No one  will do it for you.

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

If my memory is correct they took that from me in Jomtiem and gave me a different one to fill in. It also certainly does not include all the possible reasons for needing a COR.

What's wrong with fewer choices? The last time I got a Resident Certificate from Jomtien Immigration there was only 2 options: Drivers licence or Other. You just wrote why you needed the RC next to Other. 

2 hours ago, Phuketshrew said:

The certificate of residency should be issued free of charge so beware of unscrupulous IO's trying to charge you for it.

Jomtien have always (well for a very long time anyhow) charged you for it.

When I went 2 months ago it was still 300 baht but someone I spoke to the other day said it cost him 500 the other week - just for the one. 

Anybody else been in the last 2 weeks or so?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Max69xl said:

You need to fill in the correct form for the Resident Certificate. No one  will do it for you.

Depends on which immigration office you attend, from personal experience i know in Udon Thani and Chiang Mai such a request form is not required.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Phuketshrew said:

The certificate of residency should be issued free of charge so beware of unscrupulous IO's trying to charge you for it.

I got one awhile back after they were made free. The IO said 500 baht please. I said I though free now. "Oh this is for the typist who does the form"

Excuse to add to the list.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Phuketshrew said:

Yep COR is free however the going rate for handling charge is 300-500Baht lol.... argue and they will tell you come back in xxx weeks or pay the 'Handling' fee and get it instant, enjoy...

• Like 1

When I did my license I had to go to the LTO and get a letter requesting the COR to present to immigration and the COR was going to take 2 weeks for free or express 10 minutes for 200 baht. I paid the 200 and went directly back and got my license. There was no form for me to fill in at immigration.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lokie said:
5 hours ago, Phuketshrew said:

Yep COR is free however the going rate for handling charge is 300-500Baht lol.... argue and they will tell you come back in xxx weeks or pay the 'Handling' fee and get it instant, enjoy...

Yep. Corrupt to the CORe ???? Like buying something in 7/11 and the checkout assistant asking you for an extra 200 baht to process your order....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Phuketshrew said:

Yep. Corrupt to the CORe ???? Like buying something in 7/11 and the checkout assistant asking you for an extra 200 baht to process your order....

You do know COR's are at the discretion of the bureau? Or didn't you? There isn't a COR's are for free law.

But anyway, I don't really give a s**t. I just pay 300THB and get the COR in 1 hour @ Jomtien when I need one.

Edited by ExpatDraco
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, jackdd said:

No, that's for permanent residents.

You just go to your immigration office and tell them what you want. Take the usual copies, your rental contract and passport sized photos with you, then you should be good to go at most offices.

You also need to submit a health certificate from a doctor when applying for a driver’s license.

14 hours ago, topt said:

When I went 2 months ago it was still 300 baht but someone I spoke to the other day said it cost him 500 the other week - just for the one. 

Too many people wising up to the fact that a single COR was sufficient for 2 licences, despite them telling you otherwise.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Max69xl said:

What's wrong with fewer choices? The last time I got a Resident Certificate from Jomtien Immigration there was only 2 options: Drivers licence or Other. You just wrote why you needed the RC next to Other. 

selling a vehicle one needs C of R.....I know as i have done it in June this year !!!!!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, essox essox said:

selling a vehicle one needs C of R.....I know as i have done it in June this year !!!!!

Yes, and as I wrote, on the form I had to fill in, I used the option Other, and wrote the reason I needed the RC.  What part didn't you understand?  

• Sad 1

17 hours ago, Phuketshrew said:

At several immigration offices the RC is free if you can wait up to maybe 2 weeks, and it cost 200-300 baht (maybe even more) if you want it straight away. At other offices you always get it straight away, it takes maybe 30 min, and I think that's why there's a cost. So, what do you prefer, come back after 2 weeks when you need the RC tomorrow, or pay 200-300 baht and get it straight away?