Plot to kidnap Michigan governor thwarted; 13 arrested, officials say

webfact

5 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

Perhaps this will concentrate the mind of the divisive WH occupant, and why has he not spoken LOUDLY to condemn the alleged actions of this group of people.  Not even a "stand down and stand by" proclamation 

It is because he and his group might just be concentrating on the election from a different standpoint, or better yet working on a defense to the Dems new attach plan of using the 25th Amendment to remove him, then Pence from the Whitehouse so that Nancy can become the de-facto President of the US, but then this is all sarcasm on my part.  All politicians are corrupt in one way or another.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

It's called desperation.  And he's demanding that AG Barr do it before the election.  Barr doesn't realize that whatever he does is never enough for this President.  It's "what have you done for me lately" all the time. 

I think it’s a delusional disorder probably from the steroids or immense stress from his failing re-election campaign. Each day we see more derange behaviors and he is giving less effort to govern. Pelosi is doing him a favor with the 25th amendment. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, jimmybcool said:

Do we actually know if these people were "white supremists" or fans of Trump?  Seems like a lot of jumping to conclusions without verification. 

Won't some folks feel stupid if it does turn out to be anarchists and not white supremists.

Yes, we do know.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jimmybcool said:

Won't some folks feel stupid if it does turn out to be anarchists and not white supremists.

2 hours ago, riclag said:

Caserta, ,sounds like  another anarchist spoiled brat!

"Gov. Whitmer kidnap-plotter posted anarchist videos calling cops ‘violent gang’ and ‘enemies’"

You can call these criminals “far-right anarchists” if you find it important to point out both their ideology and how they pursue their ideology. Do you feel stupid now for not realizing that the one doesn’t exclude the other? ???? 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, jollyhangmon said:

... ???, seriously? ... hahahaha, ha ... how old are these inbreds? 8?

Yes, that's the root cause, their fathers are most likely also their uncles ... bad form these days ...!

I most certainly don't support this, but just for clarity; the name is not from the comics or movie as you may think.  Michigan, my home state, "It has been generally accepted that Michigan was nicknamed "The Wolverine State" for the abundance of wolverines that once roamed the peninsula. ... It's said that Ohioans, at that time, referred to Michiganians as "...as vicious and bloodthirsty as wolverines." 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Thirteen people, including seven men associated with the Wolverine Watchmen militia group, have been arrested for alleged plots to take the Michigan governor hostage and attack the state capitol building, prosecutors said on Thursday.

Makes me wonder how many of the ideas were planted by the Feds who infiltrated the group?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

Perhaps this will concentrate the mind of the divisive WH occupant, and why has he not spoken LOUDLY to condemn the alleged actions of this group of people.  Not even a "stand down and stand by" proclamation 

Could it be that the it plays well to his base and to his agenda?

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

They are likely devotees of 44 (the 44th worst ever). Or zealots that were motivated by his consistently hateful, and divisive rhetoric.

President Trump on Thursday twice referred to Sen. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.) as a "monster" following her debate performance against Vice President Pence the evening prior. Trump’s comments, made in his first interview since his coronavirus diagnosis, were made during an exchange about Biden’s fitness for office. Trump claimed that Biden “won’t be president for two months” if elected because he is not “mentally capable of being president,” before tearing into Harris.

Is Trump now totally unhinged? You be the judge. He is panicked. His numbers are dropping daily, and he is facing the greatest humiliation of his lifetime, and he is melting down before our eyes. 

I don't know about "monster", but let's face it, thousands of Democrat voters told her to eff off last year as she plummeted in the votes of her very own party!!!!

Clearly, those clear-sighted Democrat voters saw something extremely ugly in this woman, and they voted accordingly.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Thanks for confirming he didn't denounce the guys behind the plot.

Your welcome, He did by his(doj) arresting them according to him ,as in the video! I'm ok with that! I hope these terrorist  and others if convicted see their evil ways