Warning against Recklessness with COVID

snoop1130

On 10/9/2020 at 6:44 PM, Thaiwrath said:

The start of "you must wear a mask for the rest of your life" propaganda !

Part 1 of the "Total control plan" is working very nicely for them.

No.

But realistically for at least the next few years until the virus is well controlled at a global level.

Thailand is not an island.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

22 hours ago, LukKrueng said:

Have you read/ saw news from other countries around the world lately? It seems that apart from Sweden, every government in the world is using the pandemic to gain extreme to total control over their citizens. Most countries go by reporting high numbers of covid sick and death,

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1102257/cumulative-coronavirus-cases-in-the-nordics/

Sweden:   Cumulative Covid cases 96K      Cumulative Covid deaths 5.9k

Norway:   Cumulative Covid cases  13k     Cumulative Covid deaths 267

Denmark: Cumulative Covid cases  30k     Cumulative Covid deaths 643

Finland:   Cumulative Covid cases   10k    Cumulative Covid deaths 346

Doesn't seem like Sweden is playing ball with you.

1 hour ago, polpott said:

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1102257/cumulative-coronavirus-cases-in-the-nordics/

I note you did not put the UK or Belgium or France or Spain or... on your list.

Will Sweden have a 2nd Wave? No.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, polpott said:

Read my comment again. Sweden was an example of a country without restrictions, not without covid

1 hour ago, Mises said:

I note you did not put the UK or Belgium or France or Spain or... on your list.

Will Sweden have a 2nd Wave? No.

I put in all of its immediate neighbours for comparison. Should I have put Thailand in?

Will Sweden have a second wave? New cases/day have been steadily rising since August, much like other European countries, so yes.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/sweden/

16 minutes ago, LukKrueng said:

Read my comment again. Sweden was an example of a country without restrictions, not without covid

"Have you read/ saw news from other countries around the world lately? It seems that apart from Sweden, every government in the world is using the pandemic to gain extreme to total control over their citizens. Most countries go by reporting high numbers of covid sick and death,"

Most countries, apart from its neighbours who report far lower figures than Sweden. Probably because they imposed restrictions.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, JemJem said:

??! 

Would you care to say why you think like that?

Sure, according to the government statistics some ~3.5k people have had COVID and are probably immune to a second symptomatic infection which does anything more than give you an annoying sniffle due to long term B and T cells which are created during recovery - these create fresh antibodies quickly on re-exposure.

Compare that ~3.5k infections with other countries who have had millions of cases and therefore millions of people who are robust against the virus.

The situation is in no way comparable.

The less people who become ill with the virus the harder it is to spread among the population.

Even without vaccination it would 'go away' not because it's actually gone but because there's a lack of vulnerable hosts available in a geographic area, if it can't find new hosts quickly then it dies out.

Without a vaccine the only way to build immunity is through infection and there's hardly been any infections according to government figures so Thailand remains more vulnerable to an outbreak than countries who have had large scale epidemics.....

2 hours ago, polpott said:

"Have you read/ saw news from other countries around the world lately? It seems that apart from Sweden, every government in the world is using the pandemic to gain extreme to total control over their citizens. Most countries go by reporting high numbers of covid sick and death,"

Most countries, apart from its neighbours who report far lower figures than Sweden. Probably because they imposed restrictions.

And again you totally missed my point. You have to read the comment I replied to, otherwise you take my comment out of context. 

This is what I replied to: 

The start of "you must wear a mask for the rest of your life" propaganda !

Part 1 of the "Total control plan" is working very nicely for them.

And my original comment was about the total control plan. I hope NOW you understand why I mentioned Sweden (no restrictions)  and not it's neighbouring countries (with restrictions) 

On 10/9/2020 at 4:40 PM, connda said:

Over the last 4 month a know a lot of people in my area who have had upper respiratory infections - some more than once.  Those who go to the hospital are told it's probably a cold. I don't personally know anyone who has gone to the hospital with symptoms and come back with a story of being tested.  The message I see locally is that if you are worried about having Covid, then don't worry, it's probably a cold. 

Very interesting and telling account. I have said before, but it would be interesting to see some legitimate data on respiratory illness figures for hospitals during 2019 and then comparing that to 2020

Edited by Mung

10 hours ago, ukrules said:

Sure, according to the government statistics some ~3.5k people have had COVID and are probably immune to a second symptomatic infection which does anything more than give you an annoying sniffle due to long term B and T cells which are created during recovery - these create fresh antibodies quickly on re-exposure.

Compare that ~3.5k infections with other countries who have had millions of cases and therefore millions of people who are robust against the virus.

The less people who become ill with the virus the harder it is to spread among the population.

Even without vaccination it would 'go away' not because it's actually gone but because there's a lack of vulnerable hosts available in a geographic area, if it can't find new hosts quickly then it dies out.

Without a vaccine the only way to build immunity is through infection and there's hardly been any infections according to government figures so Thailand remains more vulnerable to an outbreak than countries who have had large scale epidemics.....

It is also thought and has been shown, that people infected with SARS have an immunity to COVID-19 via the T and B cells. 

On 10/10/2020 at 1:09 PM, LukKrueng said:

Have you read/ saw news from other countries around the world lately? It seems that apart from Sweden, every government in the world is using the pandemic to gain extreme to total control over their citizens. Most countries go by reporting high numbers of covid sick and death, restrict travel (like Australia that won't allow its citizens to travel overseas), restrict gatherings and so on. I recently heard of at least 1 confirmed case where some one died in a traffic accident, but post mortem reveled the person was also infected by covid 19, so in the death certificate the cause of death was registered as covid 19, and of course added to the death toll of covid. 

Thailand might report lower numbers than actual due to low number of testing, but apart from closing the borders to incoming foreigners, no much restrictions locally. 

I'd say we are good, much better than many other countries

Link

13 hours ago, LukKrueng said:

Sweden is NOT a country without restrictions.

As of 29 March, the Swedish Government has decided to ban all public gatherings and events with more than 50 people. Sweden also has a lot of advisories which the people, generally, follow. Most, if not all, hospitals forbid visits.

13 hours ago, ukrules said:

Scientists are saying that immunity is disappering after 3 - 4 months.

22 minutes ago, Albert Zweistein said:

Scientists are saying that immunity is disappering after 3 - 4 months.

These scientists are not immunologists, that's for sure.

The uneducated media are saying this based solely on antibodies fading away after a few months, a scientist, especially one with a background in immunology would never state that there's no immunity after a few months. Some are twisting words to support a certain agenda.

So anyone who claims immunity is disappearing after just a few months is speaking about antibodies, they say this because they have zero clue what they're talking about.

If you want to learn more about the immune process you should read up about B cells and T cells, they are interrelated and the source of antibodies which are created as and when they're needed - on exposure to the virus. That the antibodies don't stick around is not an issue because those B and T cells tend to stick around for a long time.....

• Like 2

3 hours ago, farang51 said:

Sweden is NOT a country without restrictions.

As of 29 March, the Swedish Government has decided to ban all public gatherings and events with more than 50 people. Sweden also has a lot of advisories which the people, generally, follow. Most, if not all, hospitals forbid visits.

Since the outbreak of covid has there been any lockdown or curfew in Sweden? Any business ordered to be closed? Any laws or emergency decree forcing people to wear masks? Have restaurants, pubs, bars restricted to take away only? 

If so - I apologise for giving Sweden a an example of a county without restrictions. 

14 minutes ago, LukKrueng said:

Since the outbreak of covid has there been any lockdown or curfew in Sweden?

If so - I apologise for giving Sweden a an example of a county without restrictions. 

A Lockdown and restrictions are not the same. You said "a country without restrictions", I told you that Sweden had and still has restrictions.

3 hours ago, LukKrueng said:

Since the outbreak of covid has there been any lockdown or curfew in Sweden? Any business ordered to be closed? Any laws or emergency decree forcing people to wear masks? Have restaurants, pubs, bars restricted to take away only? 

A country with an extremely high death/infection rate compared to its neighbours who did impose more stringent restrictions.

Edited by polpott

7 hours ago, polpott said:

A country with an extremely high death/infection rate compared to its neighbours who did impose more stringent restrictions.

This is only due to the virus getting into the hugely populated old folks homes and the Somali community who have no vitamin D and live in cramped living conditions.  Take those out and what do you have?  

Looking at the last 10 years of statista, 2019 was a light year in total deaths, so it makes sense that some folks who were very susceptible to anything were hit by covid in 2020.  However, looking at the overall total number of deaths in the country, it will be not much greater than a heavy flu year.  https://www.statista.com/statistics/525353/sweden-number-of-deaths/

sweden.png

Edited by steelepulse
  • Like 1

On 10/9/2020 at 9:29 PM, mr mr said:

please can someone tell me where i can get a ticket off this stupid planet ? 

i'm done. 

.45 ACP works pretty well. Preferably you also give a few tickets to these scare mongering doctors and politicians before you go.

• Haha 1