Anyone else got a cold/flu?

giddyup

52 minutes ago, Alidiver said:

All the above comments explains why no one has Covid in Thailand.. No one gets tested. 

Spot on, if they are not testing randomly or offering the tests openly then why try and get tested.  When I had my annual Physical in August I asked about getting tested and was told if I did not show the requisite symptoms they would not test me.  So I needed the high fever, the lack of smell and taste and then a few others and they would test me.  Just goes to show that they are only wanting to test a possibly known positive and not someone who might be low level or asymptomatic.

Spelling police posts that hijacked the topic have been removed

3. If possible please proofread your post first, poor grammar and spelling can make the post difficult to understand. However be aware that not every member is a native English speaker and excessive posts regarding others spelling and grammar not only hijacks the topic but is poor netiquette.

On 10/10/2020 at 8:12 PM, giddyup said:

How many new cases in Pattaya recently? I always wear a mask and wash hands, plus I get my temp taken every time I go in a 7/11, plus I can smell and taste good, so what are the odds I have Covid? Don't people get common colds anymore?

Yes, of course they do. A running nose without fever is neither a symptom for flu nor is it a symptom for Covid. 

On 10/10/2020 at 9:37 PM, ThailandRyan said:

I have had the cough, the sniffles and lots of sneezing.  I put mine down to seasonal allergies.  Can't have the flu, I got the flu shot earlier in the summer.  Won't go to a hospital or a clinic as it is not debilitating. 

Kleenex is your friend. 

17 hours ago, possum1931 said:

"If treatment is free, why would they require $100K of insurance?" What a silly question, to fill certain pockets of course.

Treatment is not free, just the first diagnostics for fever is. 

And a private health insurance is not mandatory to get an extension of stay if you have a valid visa and didn't leave Thailand during the last year. It's only mandatory for Farangs that come back from Farangistan. 

On 10/11/2020 at 8:40 PM, Leaver said:

So, the test is free, but if positive, you can expect a large medical bill, thus, a deterrent to test yourself if feeling ill, and you go on to infect others.  Such Thainess.  

Not necessarily. If you're asymptomatic or have mild symptoms you simply go home and self isolate. It's all about tracing cases and isolating them. Where's the 'Thainess' in that?

On 10/11/2020 at 1:37 AM, ThailandRyan said:

I put mine down to seasonal allergies.  Can't have the flu, I got the flu shot earlier in the summer.

Um, last I checked the flu shot is only up to 40, 50, 60% affective, no guarantee on any antiviral injections, I think smallpox was the only one that was 100% a success, but I will stand corrected.

Vitamin D does help the immune system so I have read, therefore have been taking 1 tablet a day 1000iu with a multivitamin since this scary monster surfaced, who knows might be a cure for herpes as I haven't seen him since I started taking vitamin D ????

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Um, last I checked the flu shot is only up to 40, 50, 60% affective, no guarantee on any antiviral injections, I think smallpox was the only one that was 100% a success, but I will stand corrected.

Vitamin D does help the immune system so I have read, therefore have been taking 1 tablet a day 1000iu with a multivitamin since this scary monster surfaced, who knows might be a cure for herpes as I haven't seen him since I started taking vitamin D ????

Because there's new variants of flu every winter. 

Even vaccinations against smallpox were never 100pct. I got vaccinated against smallpox after WW2, and I needed to get vaccinated in 1968 before I could go to Asia. 

Vitamin D is a good idea, I take that every day. 

• Like 1

On 10/13/2020 at 2:07 PM, Moonlover said:

Not necessarily. If you're asymptomatic or have mild symptoms you simply go home and self isolate. It's all about tracing cases and isolating them. Where's the 'Thainess' in that?

How do you get home?  Maybe the same way you got there, in a baht bus.

How do you feed yourself?  Maybe send your Thai girlfriend / wife to the shops.  Now there's a good idea.  ????

It's Thainess to identify a problem, and either create the appearance of fixing it (in this case self isolation) or simply do nothing to fix it.  

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1