€15,000 required on savings account for STV

On 10/11/2020 at 9:39 AM, ChomDo said:

Just noticed that my embassy (Scandinavian country)

If denmark is your country than better stay there, we do not need to mink mutation now.

But seriously, the STV requirements just aint worth it. if you come here to a holiday than

better forget about it for a while. it is too humiliating to apply for this STV now.

go to brazil or mexico instead. they are wide open for tourists , no need for nothing

corona wise. no test, no quarantine, no insurance, no money in the bank.

panama and costa rica also open, allthough they require test and / or insurance.

forget about thailand for a while.

you deserve better.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 10/14/2020 at 1:08 AM, ubonjoe said:

That could be a omission  when they set up the page. Best to the ask the embassy or official consulate where applying about it.

i used recently SAFETY WINGS for 250,000 USD insurance that covers corona.

very usefull, and they give VISA LETTER that specify the insurance for immigration officers (not

neccasarily thai).

• Thanks 1

To my experience, the bank statements that local embassies are requesting are not scrutinized to the same extent as bank statements provided inside of Thailand for immigration purposed. IMHO. 

This January a friend of mine printed (at home) a made up bank statement (without a stamp) and a made up employment contract, for the METV. A fugazi, as Al Pacino would have put it. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, aldriglikvid said:

To my experience, the bank statements that local embassies are requesting are not scrutinized to the same extent as bank statements provided inside of Thailand for immigration purposed. IMHO. 

This January a friend of mine printed (at home) a made up bank statement (without a stamp) and a made up employment contract, for the METV. A fugazi, as Al Pacino would have put it.

Yes, that's correct.  The majority of Thai Embassies are far more relaxed about the evidence you present when applying for a Visa.  Stamped, signed account-statements issued on original bank paper as some paranoid Imm officers require when you apply for your 1-year extension of stay at your local IO, are mostly not needed.  A simple print-out of your bank-balance will do as proof of meeting the requirements (it did in my case). 

The Thai Embassy staff - living in the country where you apply - do understand of course that in case they reject it, it would be a simple matter for the applicant to lend some funds from family/friends to 'top up' his account, and then present the bank-balance.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, farang51 said:

First, your country needs to be on the low-risk list. Denmark was removed from the list two days after I applied, and as you can see from daviddunham's answer, you will not get the visa if your country is not on the list. I was lucky that they used the application date rather than the issue date; it may be different in other countries.

You may be able to get the money back from the airline, the hotel, and from the insurance companies if you do not get the visa. Please check their cancellation policy first - especially the hotels have very different cancellation policies.

I have written an article about getting the visa at my website; it is in Danish and it is for Danish citizens in Denmark. It may be different in your country. You can use Google Translate. https://rejse-til-thailand.dk/corona-rejse

Please note that the requirement of the bank statement is still in the article as that requirement is still on the Danish embassy's website.

Thanks for the link. I'll go check it out!

16 hours ago, farang51 said:

First, your country needs to be on the low-risk list. Denmark was removed from the list two days after I applied, and as you can see from daviddunham's answer, you will not get the visa if your country is not on the list. I was lucky that they used the application date rather than the issue date; it may be different in other countries.

You may be able to get the money back from the airline, the hotel, and from the insurance companies if you do not get the visa. Please check their cancellation policy first - especially the hotels have very different cancellation policies.

I have written an article about getting the visa at my website; it is in Danish and it is for Danish citizens in Denmark. It may be different in your country. You can use Google Translate. https://rejse-til-thailand.dk/corona-rejse

Please note that the requirement of the bank statement is still in the article as that requirement is still on the Danish embassy's website.

In my case, Switzerland was low risk when I applied, was taken off 1 day later. So for Switzerland not the application date counts... but whether or not MOPH decides to change the rules during application-processing period. I am now doing Thai Elite, as another person put it it's too humiliating to jump through all these hoops.

Edited by daviddunham
typo

On 11/10/2020 at 11:20 AM, daviddunham said:

In my case, Switzerland was low risk when I applied, was taken off 1 day later. So for Switzerland not the application date counts... but whether or not MOPH decides to change the rules during application-processing period. I am now doing Thai Elite, as another person put it it's too humiliating to jump through all these hoops.

Do you still need to wait for 2 months to get it? I considered the Elite many times but then it had it's own obstacles that were too humiliating for that price. Of course if your country is taken off the STV list, then the Elite might be the only way to get back to TH. 

Has anyone tried applying for the STV trough Thailand Long Stay company? The process seems so much simpler according to their list here: http://www.thailongstay.co.th/stv_visa.html

I don't know if it's true that by paying 10k THB you can skip so many steps compared to applying at a local embassy. Does someone have info about the process and how long it takes to apply trough them?

Interesting news today about the STV process. Thailand Long Stay company said that Thai authorities have cancelled the STV for all europeans due to the mink scandal in Denmark. They said it would be reconsidered again in 15-30 days. What's very strange is that the Thai embassies in Norway, Finland and Estonia are still allowing people to apply for the STV. Seems very dodgy. Anyone have more details about this?

• Like 1