Thai Transport Minister orders signals and barriers installed at all railway crossings

webfact

On 10/14/2020 at 1:10 PM, sandyf said:

There are no doors or horses. The Thai rail network infrastructure has changed little in decades and the number of major accidents in the last 20 years can be counted on one hand.

When something does happen, politicians, like every other country have to say something, as does the anti government contingent on this forum.

So 18 killed in one accident at a level crossing should be just brushed aside, meaningless?

Actually the total number of such accidents is way bigger than 'count on one hand'.

On 10/13/2020 at 2:49 PM, Almer said:

People are questioning an unknown or unregistered crossing, have you not  seen the unknown and unlicensed crossings between dual carriageways made by locals for locals. 

So why a poster asked dont they gate and fence the entire network, they could and it would give a much needed boost to the economy, but, with this level of security comes a price, a one hour train journey in the UK is about 3000 baht in Los about 150 baht, don't shout back about comparisons a secure rail network comes at a cost and the thai's wont stand that.

Growing up in rural GA there was many railroad crossings with no barriers no lights just a stop sign and people stopped looked listened and then went but I don't know if the trains here blow horns when approaching crossings or not 

Edited by Mike k
Added to comment

On 10/12/2020 at 4:18 PM, kingofthemountain said:

Excuse me?

What is that?

What do you mean exactly by ''not formally registered'' sir ?

The road exists, the railway too,  it's used and it's a public place since years, this location is 

supposed to be under the responsability of someone in the area or in the matter, paid for doing the job, why the job isn't done?

Already in 2016 

and now the same thing happens again

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/12900650/horrific-train-crash-bus-thailand-cctv/

You can not just try to escape the problem like this

please at least show some more respect to the families victims 

they deserve better than this shameless lie

what the heck? the bus driver sure was high or he is blind one or suicidal, my grandmother of 96 years old would spot that train coming. Sorry this is so retarded.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mike k said:

Growing up in rural GA there was many railroad crossings with no barriers no lights just a stop sign and people stopped looked listened and then went but I don't know if the trains here blow horns when approaching crossings or not 

I had travelled the entire country by train and they do not blow anything, and specially in rural areas there is no signal at all, those dirty roads or tracks made by the local and used as shortcut.. there's innumerous places like this in thailand, it is up to the driver to pay attention.

5 hours ago, scorecard said:

So 18 killed in one accident at a level crossing should be just brushed aside, meaningless?

Actually the total number of such accidents is way bigger than 'count on one hand'.

You would have to show me where I said it should be brushed away, have to assume you never bothered to read the other posts i made.

I have lived alongside the Eastern line for over 12 years and well aware of how frequent the frequent the freight trains are and the state of the crossings, also how they got that way.

Feel free to list all the major accidents you think have happened.

• Like 1