Foreigners offered new ‘smart visa’ if they buy a condo in Thailand, Elite Card holders offered work permits

webfact

OMG!! What a scam!! You can buy a condo from my girl friend Lek. 

When the foreigner gets to his or her condo, after 6 hours at the airport cause nobody told immigration about this scam, they see nothing but an empty lot with a sign that say, ready in 2022  lol 

Welcome to Thailand 

sometimes I get intoxicated from the smell of my own farts & arm pit,

while the habit could be disturbing to the onlooker, I seriously enjoy the whiff of it.

Thailand seems to have the same syndrome, only they're a country rather than an individual.

Maybe the officials over there are just taking the pi$$,

they coming up with funny ideas, grabbing the popcorn,

and logging on to thaivisa forums to see how triggered we get?

Edited by noone223
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, John Drake said:

So you must wait eight years so immigration can make sure you don't sell. Then, after eight years, you get the Smart/Dumb Visa

LMMAO!!!

Buy a condo for 8 MILLION and keep it for 8 YEARS ???

Make this fantasy numbers game a lucky one please!

How about: Buy a condo for 9 million  and keep it for 9 years.

????????????????????

48 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Condo purchases don't equate to people actually living in them. 

More than likely bought on speculation by the Chinese so that they could enter into an AirBnb type of operation where they rent out the rooms as part of the great zero Dollar tour packages.  Oh wait wasn't that done in one of the condos and many complaints arose.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Oldie said:

Just don't forget to read the fine print. Visa regulations can change at any time...

Just  like the last time they offered a  visa for a  3  million baht condo about 16 years  ago............Thanks, ......for  nothing, as  usual.

3 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Does that mean they're now talking about giving a free Elite visa card/status to anyone who spends 2 million on a new purchase condo in Thailand?

If that's correct, that ought to generate some interest.

The OP stated 8M.

At up to 2 million baht for a bolt hole in Chiang Mai, I might have been interested. But 8 million?!   I'll continue to live comfortably in rural Australia and wait until commonsense prevails before returning.  Which could, of course, be some time.  Having worked in Bangkok for many years in advertising and public relations, I know how much Thai authorities resent seeking input or advice from farang.  But, boy, now is the time to listen to those farang seeking to stay, or to come back.  How about a forum with some of the foreign Chambers of Commerce to get some reasoned input?!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, katatonic said:

The OP stated 8M.

If you read the article, they actually appear to be talking about two different things...

first--the BOI smart visa, where the 8M baht figure is mentioned.

second-the Thailand Elite card, which presumably includes the ability to get a TE Visa, where the 2M amount is mentioned regarding a condo purchase.

But at least in the OP article, the details and specifics are pretty vague as usual... So who knows what they're really up to...

18 minutes ago, Edheres said:

The people who dream up these schemes either:

A: Never had to work for a living or budget for anything.

B. Never traveled to real resort/vacation areas and have no idea of what money can buy elsewhere.

C. Can't envision a world outside of their own............. or

D. Are really stupid.

Um, is the answer E. All of the above.

• Like 1

It seems that Thaivisa.com needs an QA editor. What they should have posted was “If you buy an 8M baht condo and agree not sell before 8 years, you are ELIGIBLE to immediately apply for an elite visa”.

All confusion over their wording could have been avoided. 

Hey TV, if you need to hire someone to review your articles before you post them.... I’m available... at the right price ????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Not sure what point you're making...sold is sold and the money's been made. Who cares if the buyers live in them or not.

Quite often a majority are 'owned' by the developer's family. Good luck in getting management fees from those ones.

1 hour ago, DrTuner said:

I'll refer to your comment:

I think we saw with the STV just how much Chinese want to come here. The rich ones are desperate to get their money laundered outside China, since they fear CCP can take it at any time, BKK condos are good for that. But they won't live there.

I don't except your premise that large numbers of buyers of 8 & 8+M Bangkok condos aren't living in them. They might only be using them as second or vacation or investment properties but that's still occupying them. Do you have any sources that say otherwise...that there are a lot of expensive sold condos that are going unoccupied?

Edited by Pattaya Spotter
  • Like 1