Foreigners offered new ‘smart visa’ if they buy a condo in Thailand, Elite Card holders offered work permits

webfact

30 minutes ago, pantsonfire said:

So thai people think Foreigners are dumb by enticing them by for example a farmer give them a cow, they return you milk

You have become mired in Thai logic it seems.  It is not a benefit to get a free visa if tge money you dump into the scheme has a negative return.  Sort of like buying a bar here, you invest 3 million baht to become rich only instead you end up loosing 2 million baht, but hey your still a millionaire 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NCC1701A said:

do you have any idea how nice and huge a house you can buy in rural USA for a million dollars cash?

even in this inflated market you can buy a ranch on 5, 10, 15 or more acres, or a compound outside of a ski resort. 

But the BUSINESS people for whom the $ 1M condo + WP is aimed might not want to live in rural America; it seems hard for many to comprehend but $ 1M is not allot of money for many successful businesspeople.

Edited by Pattaya Spotter
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

The winters should be wonderful...there's a reason less than 1M people live in the state.

Of course, and then it is why people holiday in places such as Thailand.  See the connection.

47 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

How can you buy a condo if you are not in the country? If you are, then you already have a visa...

Many wealthy people buy properties sight unseen...or when it was time for the first annual visa renewal, they could require proof of the condo purchase. Or alternatively could require the visa holder to provide proof of purchase within some period of time after entering the country (say 3 months).

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, webfact said:

In addition there is now a scheme that if people invest enough in the real estate sector they will be given a "free" Elite Card.

The card would only be given to those that put enough into the market, however, and must be commensurate with current charges for the card that is on sale for up to 2 million baht.

Does that mean they're now talking about giving a free Elite visa card/status to anyone who spends 2 million on a new purchase condo in Thailand?

If that's correct, that ought to generate some interest.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Does that mean they're now talking about giving a free Elite visa card/status to anyone who spends 2 million on a new purchase condo in Thailand?

If that's correct, that ought to generate some interest.

It's pretty confusing language...but I'm sure it doesn't mean if you buy a condo for the current price of the Elite Cards you get the card with it...more like if the price at least 4M (condo plus the 2M card) they'll throw in a card or something like that. Don't forget these schemes usually are only for new construction and not resale units.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, WhatsNext said:

Tomorrow the news will be : free visa with your visa ! 

Now if you buy an elite visa you get a year o-a for free ! So you can actually enter the country*

* O-a requires Thai only insurance

How about just a free prepaid Visa Card for use in the Thai shops to buy Thai goods.

12 minutes ago, Timwin said:

Even if they make it as easy as 10 years ago to get a tourist visa it will still take years to recover from this pandemic. These new visa schemes are a drop in the bucket at best.  

Every drop helps...and eventually the bucket is full.

13 minutes ago, welshguy said:

I think I know the answer to this........! But I will ask anyway!

I appreciate the average Thai, has no idea of how life works in anyplace except for inside thailand.

Im "assuming"! Those in power, surely they must see the reaction worldwide that  their ever increasing dafter and more ludicrous ideas/plans etc are seen by others worldwide?

I appreciate, they think Thailand is the centre of the universe...but? Surely!  SOMEBODY! EVEN ONE PERSON IN POWER IN must know they are just making themselves look ridiculous?!

Probably follow Japanese adage: "The nail that sticks up gets hammered down"

2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

‘The Hub of Crackpot ideas’ !!!!! 

There must be some who attend these discussions held behind closed doors who want to smash their heads against the wall. 

Even if there are any in these meetings with the ability to think one second beyond the floating of the idea, they don't dare speak up or they are out on their ear.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, John Drake said:

So you must wait eight years so immigration can make sure you don't sell. Then, after eight years, you get the Smart/Dumb Visa

Don't think you quite grasp it. You will get the visa right away, and renewed every year for eight years as long as you don't sell. I'm assuming after 8 years you can sell, and still get renewed.

I was on the 3 million bht investment visa many years, and it was the simplest visa possible based in required paperwork.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, welshguy said:

I think I know the answer to this........! But I will ask anyway!

I appreciate the average Thai, has no idea of how life works in anyplace except for inside thailand.

Im "assuming"! Those in power, surely they must see the reaction worldwide that  their ever increasing dafter and more ludicrous ideas/plans etc are seen by others worldwide?

I appreciate, they think Thailand is the centre of the universe...but? Surely!  SOMEBODY! EVEN ONE PERSON IN POWER IN must know they are just making themselves look ridiculous?!

Keep in mind these are only proposals...and every country is struggling to find d ways to safely re-open their borders.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1