Foreigners offered new ‘smart visa’ if they buy a condo in Thailand, Elite Card holders offered work permits

webfact

6 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Son just bought a 3500sqft house on 5 acres in Montana for 560k

these bozo's think thailand is be all and end all and they think we dont have any choice , could get a house in middle of london or exotic island somewhere other than thailand for 750,000 pounds and a sound investment elsewhere , they ought to concentrate on farlangs that can buy a condo of 1 million -4 million baht there are alot more of them now still in thailand who are stuck here and could do with a work permit to pay bills here and be able to go out and spend money in go go bars , girls , and beer bars if they were able to work even some on retirement visas are struggling , thais say they want foreigners to spend more here but they wont give you a work permit to earn money and then be able to spend it, the usual thai mentality .

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Asernume said:

That's exactly the opposite, rich Chinese seek second passports from countries that are not under Chinese influence, a European passport for them has much more value than a Thai passport.

This is not a passport scheme...a visa or visa-WP.

17 minutes ago, johnmcc6 said:

Their chances of getting anyone to sign up are between zero and none. People with money know how to secure  it and invest wisely. What makes these idiots think that Thailand is so special that everyone is dying to get here.?Thanks to the current government everyone knows they don't like foreigners here and treat them like <deleted> with all their stupid immigration rules. The word is out .Think twice before committing to Thailand and their draconian rules.

Another Thailand hater who can't resist posting on a Thailand centered forum. 

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

People with no real facts have to exegerate for effect.

Might want to check what the developers are selling them for now. Many big signs offering discounts down to 6.4 MB for a 36 sqm, 7.8 MB for a 48 Sqm, and 9.1 MB for a 56 sqm 2 bedroom.  Of course those are the prices they have cut them to, as originally they were higher.  Now that may not be in all the Bangkok locations, Down near Bang Na you can them cheaper, Phrong Pong, but here is Sathon, Langsuan, Silom, and these Areas out my way are pretty pricy.  Then try and buy one for cheaper on Sukhumvit, and your barking up the tree.  Now if you want an older one that needs to be retrofitted and remodeled, I am sure you can find a POS in an older neighborhood.  All of the new developments that are being Built around me are pretty pricey.  Guess I got lucky with my older penthouse condo which was still pricy, but then I have 164Sqm, and three large balconies. 

21 minutes ago, Elkski said:

So current elite  visa holders being treated like lepers and  visa rules changing with the tides and they think they c a n invent new visa types. 

The visa rules of all countries have been upended by the Covid crisis...nothing unique to Thailand. 

12 minutes ago, hottrader77 said:

[C]ould do with a work permit to pay bills here and be able to go out and spend money in go go bars , girls , and beer bars if they were able to work even some on retirement visas are struggling , thais say they want foreigners to spend more here but they wont give you a work permit to earn money and then be able to spend it.

Millions of Thais are out of work...and your proposal is to hand out WPs like candy to barstool warmers?

Edited by Pattaya Spotter
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

This is not a passport scheme...a visa or visa-WP.

Elite visa cost + $1 million investment for a work permit in Thailand or about double that amount for EU member passport, I wonder which one they will choose ????

Edited by Asernume
  • Like 2

Not a Satang on anything until Prayut is thrown under a truck.

No, I am not advocating violence, or anything like that. I am simply stating one of my own conditions for investing in the Kingdom. 

Then again, .. he may well choose to throw himself under a truck, when all the beans are spilled.

Edited by metisdead
Trolling image removed.
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Asernume said:

Elite visa cost + $1 million investment for a work permit in Thailand or about double that amount for EU member passport, I wonder which one they will choose ????

If one was a businessperson with plans to invest 1M or more in a business (we're not talking a beer bar in Pattaya here) the WP is basically a freebie. Again, this isn't a second passport scheme, it's targeted at business investors. 

14 minutes ago, Older and Wiser said:

How about those who have already bought a condo? Not eligible I assume. I have a 2 bed/2 bath apartment in Cha-Am cost 4m. So, I'll just sell that and get an 8m one instead if I want a Smart Visa, right? Not Smart for me though is it?

No...the purpose is to sell-off the existing new supply...but you're welcome to buy a second condo.

• Confused 1

apologies if repeating this issue.

In short,
those who already bought a Condo,
and those who spent small fortunes for the rights to use Land and/or House, off to the Left.

but those who now spend a million or two: please do sit down, would you like some ice in your water, how can we help you sir? Would a free Visa be pleasing you sir?.

Edited by KKr