Did anyone actually apply for a stv visa?

The website of the Thai consulate in the Netherlands says:  

Special Tourist Visa (90 + 90 + 90) and Tourist Visa remain unavailable in the Netherlands due to the current COVID-19 situation which is clasified by the Ministry of Public Health of Thailand (MOPH) as high risk .

I think this will be the same for most European countries.

36 minutes ago, dimitriv said:

I also don't get it. Every tourist arriving with Covid and a $100k health insurance means $$$ for the hospitals.

I would say: Support the Thai economy and take Covid with you!

You would risk infecting the airline, immigration, hotel and hospital staff that would be interacting with you.  None of those employees have any desire to take that risk.

4 minutes ago, Phillip9 said:

None of those employees have any desire to take that risk.

They obviously do have the desire to take that risk or they wouldn't be doing that work, as the risk is real; as proved by ongoing new cases being found in quarantine quite regularly.

2 hours ago, alianware said:

This sounds stupid. Does it mean STV visa can curb the virus better than tourist visa ?? ???? 

Wheather you stay 60 days or 270 days in Thailand, why does it have to do with the virus ??? ????

The procedure is just the same you get tested and undergo quarantine.

You can't enter on a tourist visa at the moment,so no need to compare it with the STV. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

It was either the Thai Govt or TAT who last week released the numbers on those who wanted to apply for the STV as well as the numbers of Thai Elite members who have expressed a desire to come to Thailand. IIRC there were less than 1500 requests worldwide for the STV, and only some 440 Thai Elite members expressed any interest in coming to Thailand at this time.

46 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

It was either the Thai Govt or TAT who last week released the numbers on those who wanted to apply for the STV as well as the numbers of Thai Elite members who have expressed a desire to come to Thailand. IIRC there were less than 1500 requests worldwide for the STV, and only some 440 Thai Elite members expressed any interest in coming to Thailand at this time.

There was likely a very big difference between the number who asked for information about the STV, and the number who went any further, once they had read about all the hoops they would have to jump through. 

I went as far as submitting my passport and the two other details they asked for never received a reply from them (long stay or anyone else). 

Have given up now, too old for the frustration. Considering a ret visa but its a lot of paperwork.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MRToMRT said:

I went as far as submitting my passport and the two other details they asked for never received a reply from them (long stay or anyone else). 

Have given up now, too old for the frustration. Considering a ret visa but its a lot of paperwork.

Why did you give up STV visa?

22 minutes ago, Xavi said:

Why did you give up STV visa?

You need to read some Thaivisa news threads and news sources. 

The STV was someone's dream.

The current rubbish coming out of TAT is the return of "bubble" idea and tour companies. That translates to China.

I can't wait for tomorrow's suggestion.

3 hours ago, Walker88 said:

The list of people TAT or/and the Minister of Tourism and Sports was talking about had nothing to with applications. Those people just wanted info about the STV, that's all. It's been reported on several news websites online. Yesterday,no one had so far applied for it in China. 

On 10/14/2020 at 2:43 AM, Max69xl said:

You can't enter on a tourist visa at the moment,so no need to compare it with the STV. 

Yes you can.  The IATA site was last updated on 13/10/2020 and now shows:

image.png.48131d517e16022783a1b6ef1acf7cc4.png

I'm not sure if the Tourist Visa was added in the latest change or prior to that as at least one Embassy restarted issuing Tourist Visas on 9/10/2020.

https://helsinki.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/tourist-visa-started-9-10-2020

20 minutes ago, treetops said:

I'm not sure if the Tourist Visa was added in the latest change or prior to that as at least one Embassy restarted issuing Tourist Visas on 9/10/2020.

But they are not the standard tourist visas issued before and you still have to get a certificate of entry. Covid 19 insurance and accommodation in a ASQ.

On 10/13/2020 at 4:59 PM, Phillip9 said:

You would risk infecting the airline, immigration, hotel and hospital staff that would be interacting with you.  None of those employees have any desire to take that risk.

If you have a negative PCR test 72 hours prior to the flight, how exactly are you doing that?

4 minutes ago, roxnadz said:

If you have a negative PCR test 72 hours prior to the flight, how exactly are you doing that?

It's about the incubation period. That's why there's been several cases lately in quarantine even when they produced a negative test result at departure. 

41 minutes ago, treetops said:

Yes you can.  The IATA site was last updated on 13/10/2020 and now shows:

image.png.48131d517e16022783a1b6ef1acf7cc4.png

https://helsinki.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/tourist-visa-started-9-10-2020

You are confusing the old 60 days TR Visa with the brand new 60 days tourist visa where you have to show ฿500,000 in a bank account and go through every covid-19 procedure incl quarantine etc etc. Get it? 

23 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

But they are not the standard tourist visas issued before and you still have to get a certificate of entry. Covid 19 insurance and accommodation in a ASQ.

1 minute ago, Max69xl said:

You are confusing the old 60 days TR Visa with the brand new 60 days tourist visa where you have to show ฿500,000 in a bank account and go through every covid-19 procedure incl quarantine etc etc. Get it? 

Yes, the additional qualification and entry requirements are there, but it's encouraging that at least some countries are issueing these again and they'll be accepted for travel.

7 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

It's about the incubation period. That's why there's been several cases lately in quarantine even when they produced a negative test result at departure. 

I know about the incubation period. That's why you have to stay in an ASQ.

Keep the negative test and the ASQ as a requirement, otherwise, open it up. They are not going to stop the virus by keeping the country closed forever. And they are not going to regenerate tourism by letting in 40 people on average a day.

the problem with STV in Australia, that royal Thai embassy announced this type of Visa on website and it takes two weeks for approval if you attach all the required documents for online application, however the Border Force will not allow you to exit or provide permission to leave base on STV ( this what happened to my friend this week, his request to leave the country been rejected - as STV does not fit Border Force Criteria )!!!

On 10/14/2020 at 12:19 PM, MRToMRT said:

Because theres no feedback and lots of confusion. I can wait till next year when life should get easier.

I guess you can say "they" have beaten me. I may settle in for the winter in Seaton and just shout at the television some more. I enjoy shouting at Kier and Boris, they are on par with TAT and the Minister for Tourism.

If that's Seaton, East Devon, there are far worse places to spend the winter.

21 hours ago, roxnadz said:

They are not going to stop the virus by keeping the country closed forever. And they are not going to regenerate tourism by letting in 40 people on average a day.

Thais overwhelmingly would prefer to live covid free even if it means no tourists.  It may be hard for you to understand, but its their choice.

This situation won't be forever.  Probably just another year until a vaccine is widely available in Thailand.