Don’t believe fake news that mobile phones cause brain cancer: Digital Economy Ministry

webfact

Don’t believe fake news that mobile phones cause brain cancer: Digital Economy Ministry

By THE NATION

800_35fece0ee6a337f.jpeg?v=1602638352

The Digital Economy and Society Ministry has warned people not to believe or share news or Internet posts which claim that placing a mobile phone near your head while you sleep will cause brain cancer due to the electromagnetic waves the phone emits.

“The ministry’s Anti-Fake News Centre contacted the Department of Medical Services under the Public Health Ministry to verify this information and was told there is no concrete evidence pointing to the relationship between mobile phones and brain cancer,” it said.

The department explained that several studies have been carried out on the topic, but so far none has found concrete evidence that mobile phones increase the risk of brain cancer in either adults or children.

“However, doctors and scientists are still conducting research to find out the long-term effects of using mobile phones,” it said.

“Using a mobile phone for long hours will affect the body part nearest to it. For example, your ear will become hotter from the emitting radio waves, while other side effects are still unknown,” the department added. “If you are concerned about the effect of radio waves, try reducing the time of the phone against your ear, or use hand-free equipment.”

For more information, contact the Department of Medical Services via telephone 02 5906000, or visit http://www.dms.go.th/. To report fake news, do so via website www.antifakenewscenter.com.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30396158

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-10-14

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Redline said:

The 5G waves are shorter and stronger.  The jury is still out on this, but you know that there are massive stakeholders that would hold back any negative information for many years to come

makes you wonder why we are not all dead because of all those old TV sets with ion guns pointing at us... why are we not already dead from 2 or 2 or 4 G ????.... you do know where all this nonsense about cell phone transmissions came from ? Without checking, it came out of an article by some school science teacher in the UK I think, pointing out the dangers of cell phone radiation.. it was even used by some dumb MP to ask question about it in parliament.. but then someone with a bit more knowledge pointed out that the skins with the amount of water in skin, acts as a complete barrier (I cannot remember the technical details).. and then he retracted his original article and the MP was left looking like a fool.. but maybe there is a secret plan by Putin... to blank out any intelligence the American people might have.. oh hang on, I forgot, Putin already got Trump to do that...

• Haha 1

That's an interesting report, I have read a paper that indicates 5G interacts with cells and causes damage.

It opens with "In this research, we show that 5G millimeter waves could be absorbed by dermatologic cells acting like antennas, transferred to other cells and play the main role in producing Coronaviruses in biological cells". But this is only a paper devised by doctors who study in that particular field so what they have researched and studied is probably fake?

https://www.scribd.com/document/470042130/Fiora-Nell-i#fullscreen&from_embed

You can look for yourself, we should be vigilant when it comes to pointing out fake news, we must help the authorities identify fake news and work with them in order to mitigate its effects!!

Stay safe peoples.

• Sad 1

It's only anecdotal, but I have had two friends die of gliosarcoma. Their common feature was both were inveterate mobile phone users, sometimes 50 or 60 calls a day as they networked.

I use my mobile phone quite sparingly due to that example. Texting is safer.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, webfact said:

rule of thump: if you hear someone talking about "fake news" she/he is lying.

as most of the people are too lazy to inform themselfes - I start goooogling fro them:

f.e.

Chinese Neurosurgical Jounal

conclusion:

"Most calculations of laterality show a trend of increasing risk for time since first use, cumulative duration of subscriptions, cumulative duration of calls, and cumulative number of calls. In Asian people’s, cell phone use and glioma had certain relations, while has very little relationship with meningioma incidence."

"In children and teenagers, cell phone use is associated with the incidence of brain tumors. We need longer time observation to supervise longer time (>20 years) mobile phone use whether has severe effects on incidence of brain tumor."

https://cnjournal.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s41016-016-0059-y

I would add: cellphones do not exists widely that long. f.e. it needed about 100 years, till it was officially accepted that asbestos leads to lung cancer. In Thailand asbestos is still allowed for buildings.

IN Thailand, there is no limit for toxide in food ......

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2020/02/200212121948.htm

http://www.mayfieldclinic.com/psa_cellphone.htm

good news: they (?) are just starting a large study with billions of guinea pigs (!!!) to get results for the question, whether there is a bigger risk of getting brain cancer with 5g. No ,no evidence yet, they are just starting !

And yes, for your information: 5g use a much higher frequency and this DOES have an impact of the damage done!

Some say, that 5g use a frequency, on which the cells are resonant, meaning they will absorb much of the energy. "absorb" means, the whole energy "is going" in the cell.

congratulation: you reach level two, cause you were able to read this text till the end     ;)

you earn half a cooky

• Haha 1

I'm a qualified radio frequency engineer (London University), and have worked and designed microwave and millimetric systems for almost 40 years (I build such systems for my ham radio hobby as well). 

I'm keeping well away from these tin-hat theories spread by conspiracy idiots...????

• Like 2

22 hours ago, milesinnz said:

makes you wonder why we are not all dead because of all those old TV sets with ion guns pointing at us... why are we not already dead from 2 or 2 or 4 G ????.... you do know where all this nonsense about cell phone transmissions came from ? Without checking, it came out of an article by some school science teacher in the UK I think, pointing out the dangers of cell phone radiation.. it was even used by some dumb MP to ask question about it in parliament.. but then someone with a bit more knowledge pointed out that the skins with the amount of water in skin, acts as a complete barrier (I cannot remember the technical details).. and then he retracted his original article and the MP was left looking like a fool.. but maybe there is a secret plan by Putin... to blank out any intelligence the American people might have.. oh hang on, I forgot, Putin already got Trump to do that...

You can trust me that studies are still being done by governments and scientists.  You can even look it up on your own.

12 hours ago, simon43 said:

I'm a qualified radio frequency engineer (London University), and have worked and designed microwave and millimetric systems for almost 40 years (I build such systems for my ham radio hobby as well). 

I'm keeping well away from these tin-hat theories spread by conspiracy idiots...????

And I was sure that 5 G causes COVID 19. More laughing gas for all. Here's the 99.9% safe solution. Aluminum helps. 

Laughing gas II.jpg

tinfoil hat.jpg

You better believe news that mobile phones can cause brain cancer:

( Excluding the Thai Digital Economy Ministry who have billions of reasons for it)

The naked truth:

Sleeping with your phone in your bed, or near to your head, could increase the risk of brain cancer, warns the California Department of Public Health. Phones emit radio frequency energy, which some scientists believe could increase the risk of brain cancer, and tumours of the acoustic nerve and salivary glands.

https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/health/893893/cancer-symptoms-brain-phone-mobile-radiation#:~:text=Sleeping with your phone in,acoustic nerve and salivary glands.

There are plenty of websites with the same message, so it's not what the Digital Thai Banana might believe.