Foreign investors ‘confused by emergency rule’

webfact

9 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Has this "State of Severe Emergency" been published?

How long does it run for?

Does it have to be approved by Parliament?

Does it have to be gazetted?

1 place I saw said 1 month 

On 10/16/2020 at 3:22 AM, webfact said:

The country’s core economic policies – including development of the Eastern Economic Corridor – would not be affected by escalating political protests, the Industrial Estate Authority of Thailand said on Thursday.

Attapon Jirawatjanya, deputy governor of the authority, predicted that ongoing anti-establishment protests would be a short-term problem.

They hope, unless the government talks seriously about changes or arrests everyone for street protests.

23 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Hopefully, we will see a mass exodus of foreign investors from Thailand. Money seems to be the only language this administration, and the toxic army understand. 

I'm fairly sure they understand the language of guns and tanks.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

23 hours ago, Isaan sailor said:

The great hope for expats, exporters and the tourist industry: foreign investors will cease regarding Thailand as a safe haven for their assets.  Thailand should be regarded as a risky investment for anyone.

It's probably still safer than China, which is where a lot of the money appears to be coming from.

Although the closed borders has temporarily stopped those suitcases of cash from arriving.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

It's probably still safer than China, which is where a lot of the money appears to be coming from.

Although the closed borders has temporarily stopped those suitcases of cash from arriving.

And it is likely the recent moves of this desperate administration will only accelerate investment from China, and slow down investment from real democracies. This does not bode well for Thailand. I have alot of faith in the youth. I do believe they will eventually prevail. But, the recent events are not good.

Though I am not a fear monger, if I were not heavily invested here, I would be formulating an exit plan, and departing for Spain within the next 30 days. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

And it is likely the recent moves of this desperate administration will only accelerate investment from China, and slow down investment from real democracies. This does not bode well for Thailand. I have alot of faith in the youth. I do believe they will eventually prevail. But, the recent events are not good.

Though I am not a fear monger, if I were not heavily invested here, I would be formulating an exit plan, and departing for Spain within the next 30 days. 

Spain?

Not the best place to be for the moment and high taxes as well.