Concern for missing dolphins

geovalin

Researchers are looking into why 25 dolphins went missing for no apparent reason as the overall population continues to drop. The total population is estimated to be 89.

World Wildlife Fund (WWF) Cambodia country director Teak Seng said conservationists and researchers are concerned.

The 25 were recorded last year, but now researchers cannot locate them and are unsure if they have migrated.

read more https://www.phnompenhpost.com/national/concern-missing-dolphins

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, worgeordie said:

I think they swam away to somewhere better.....maybe a holiday in the Maldives.

they are wild animals they can go where they want.

regards Worgeordie

No immigration, no lockdowns...

But beware of the trawlers.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

These are Mekong river dolphins. Not ocean dolphins. 

Upstreaming damming of the Mekong has adversely affected their habitat. They need deep places in the river.

It did not state that fact in the storyline ,not surprising ,too many times you have to read between the lines to try and get the full story OR click on to the stories source .  The damming  will also be causing  problems for the giant Mekong catfish..

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, natway09 said:

One thing I know for sure is that man will not be happy until it has wiped out all wildlife.

They would be a lot happier without us over populated humans hell bent on destroying their planet

After watching the Attenborough thing yesterday I commented to my little grand daughter that it will be such a shame she will never get to see a polar bear, just like her father, me, my Dad & grandad.

Edited by KannikaP

Cambodians do nto eat dolphins. It is taboo as is the case in most cultures.

I lived & worked in Bangladesh for 4 years, a country with serious hunger and poverty of a type you almost never find in SE Asia. But even there, the people never ate the river dolphins. It was handed down across generations not to do so, that these were close relatives to humans.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, natway09 said:

One thing I know for sure is that man will not be happy until it has wiped out all wildlife.

They would be a lot happier without us over populated humans hell bent on destroying their planet

Reading your post, I was reminded of this poem that I learnt over 50 years ago.

One day, people will say:

"We didn't listen"

https://shewhoseeks.blogspot.com/2013/09/to-see-rabbit.html?m=1