60 day extensions : announcement from Immigration FB

THAT would be nice, no?

idk.  But Jomtien is not acting in accordance of National decrees, that's for sure.

They are having us head back just about every week under the Covid extension.  Not bi-monthly, not monthly.  Weekly.

Someone just PMed me that they went back on 26th (they were there on 15th too) for their November stamp...and were given a number again and told to come back again on November 3.  AFTER the current Visa is no good.   Didn't even give a stamp of any sort.

Definitely looking into hiring agent to handle my GF's after we get the official NOV stamp for her.

39 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Cost 1900baht and continuous.

Meaning ongoing until further notice?

I paid 3,900 baht so i don't think that's correct. Ubon immigration informed me that we can only apply for this extension twice - this may change of course.

• Confused 3

19 minutes ago, edwardandtubs said:

I was at counter J of MTT today and didn't see any forms for the 60 day extension. Only the normal TM7 form was there. 

There is no special application form for it. You use the standard TM7 form used for all extensions.

The only form related to it I have seen is a affidavit to complete and sign they may give to you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Dart12 said:

THAT would be nice, no?

idk.  But Jomtien is not acting in accordance of National decrees, that's for sure.

They are having us head back just about every week under the Covid extension.  Not bi-monthly, not monthly.  Weekly.

Someone just PMed me that they went back on 26th (they were there on 15th too) for their November stamp...and were given a number again and told to come back again on November 3.  AFTER the current Visa is no good.   Didn't even give a stamp of any sort.

Definitely looking into hiring agent to handle my GF's after we get the official NOV stamp for her.

Could be worse. They could ask for proof that you hold a very large sum of money in a Thai bank. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, darrendsd said:

I am stamped until 30 November (under the previous amnesty) I assume I don't need to go again before October 31 to obtain the 60 day stamp?

You can apply for the extension in November.

The 31st is only the day those still on the amnesty that have to apply for an extension to stay longer.

57 minutes ago, rbkk said:

Is there any way to confirm the official price of a new 60 day stamp? Is it 1900 baht or 3900 baht? A link would be good!

I have seen nothing official about it. But there was a report yesterday that it was only 1900 baht in Bangkok. 

The 3900 baht has mostly been mentioned by offices in the Northeast of the country.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I have seen nothing official about it. But there was a report yesterday that it was only 1900 baht in Bangkok. 

The 3900 baht has mostly been mentioned by offices in the Northeast of the country.

I'm stamped up until 25th November. Perhaps the price will be clearer by then.

I am on a Non "O" Multi Entry that expires on 25 Nov and on the 9 Sept I went and applied for a 60 day extension

which was stamped to commence on 27 Sept and expire on 25 Nov but with the new amnesty until 31 October my stamp has been changed to expire on 30 Dec. I was charged 1900 baht.

passport stamp.jpg

• Like 1

My experience again at Si Sa Ket Immigration was very positive. I arrived Thailand in March on 30-day tourist, then was on amnesty before being put back on tourist status before amnesty finished. I am guessing now with the 60-day extension i was granted that i am back on amnesty. The first thing they asked me for was an embassy letter, but i was able to inform them of an announcement made by US embassy (Oct 13th) saying embassy letters are no longer needed. They key was taking a screenshot of this announcement and translating it into Thai, then saving it on my phone; when i showed this to the officer they proceeded without interruption to process my 60-day extension without need for a letter or further documentation.

Price was 1900. Date was stamped to Dec 30th honoring the proclamation of all extensions beginning from Nov 1st. Reason for extension request i simply put 'Covid-19'. I was also told that if necessary i could get a second 60-day extension when the time comes. Will see how that pans out with an ever-evolving situation.

Here is the graphic that helped move things along for me. Anyone to whom it is relevant (US citizens & residents) is welcome to save it to their phone and use it. For citizens of nations other than USA i'm not sure if there is a similar posting but likely checking your respective embassy websites might have this info. Again, respects to the experts here (UbonJoe, etc); your advice has been invaluable to helping navigate the turmoil. Best of luck folks.

2020-10-13-AmericanEmbassyInThailand-VisaExtensionLetterProclaimation.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi,
My 1 year retirement visa expired on the 17th October. Why it expired is a long story.

Probably a stupid question, but under the amnesty law do I qualify for a 60 day extension? I am married to a Thai national.
Would it be a waste of time trying?
Many thanks.

6 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You can apply for the extension in November.

The 31st is only the day those still on the amnesty that have to apply for an extension to stay longer.

UbonJoe, I hope you can help clarify for me please ...
... Please see Photo of Passport below ...

ThaiVisa.Passport.Stamp.Blurred.thumb.jpg.b37ee5b6b1a0b00e95434f3487fd69f9.jpg

The day before the September 25 deadline (2020.09.24) I did the 30 day extension at MTT.

Two days later they announced the amnesty until 2020.10.27 - now extended to 2020.10.31 this week.
I had been told by a dubious visa agent that my visa was ON HOLD during the Amnesty - my 30 days would be added to the end of the amnesty, making it valid until 2020.11.27 supposedly.

IS THIS CORRECT?

Do I have to go in before 2020.10.31 or before 2020.11.27?

If I do have to do an extension this week, would the on-going COVID-19 pandemic situation in Australia and lack of available flights be sufficient for 60 days extension.
(Just to clarify the lack of flights - I am in a wheelchair and airlines now only allow 1 Disabled passenger per flight - currently a waiting list of 87 disabled people waiting for flights to Australia)

Thankyou in advance for your assistance

7 hours ago, Telecom66 said:

The day before the September 25 deadline (2020.09.24) I did the 30 day extension at MTT.

Two days later they announced the amnesty until 2020.10.27 - now extended to 2020.10.31 this week.
I had been told by a dubious visa agent that my visa was ON HOLD during the Amnesty - my 30 days would be added to the end of the amnesty, making it valid until 2020.11.27 supposedly.

IS THIS CORRECT?

If I do have to do an extension this week, would the on-going COVID-19 pandemic situation in Australia and lack of available flights be sufficient for 60 days extension.
(Just to clarify the lack of flights - I am in a wheelchair and airlines now only allow 1 Disabled passenger per flight - currently a waiting list of 87 disabled people waiting for flights to Australia)

7 hours ago, Telecom66 said:

IS THIS CORRECT?

Did you go back on the 22nd October ? that is an under consideration stamp, you should have returned on the 22nd like the stamp says. to get the real permission to stay stamp.

9 hours ago, Telecom66 said:

The only thing I see is a under consideration stamp with a report back date for the 22nd of this month.

You should of went to immigration then to get your extension stamp and they would of dated it to the November 30th.

You need to go to immigration now to get it done.

Then next month you can apply for a 60 day extension.

• Like 1

I've heard of someone being refused the 60-day extension by Chiang Mai Immigration and told to leave the country ASAP because he didn't have an embassy letter and evidence of flight cancellation.  But not too clear about this guy's history; he seems to have been on a couple of visa runs and been staying in Thailand for six months or so before the lockdown in March. Now I'm worried as I'm supposed to go to Chiang Mai Immigration for my 60-day extension tomorrow. I arrived here a few days before the lockdown in March on a 30-day visa exempt and have been on amnesty since then. Might they deny me the extension?

Edited by tygerstar