Non O Finer Details Question

Hey Guys

Going for my Non O 1 Year extension based on marriage 400k method and I have a few questions on finer details. Will be Rayong Imm.

1. Current 60 day extension based on marriage expires Nov 25th. Is Nov 4th too early to go for 1 year ext?

2. Photos - any idea on size of these?

3. Home Visit - what do they look for 

Thanks in advance for any help.

• Like 1

This sounds like it is your first 1 year extension so there are some things that you do need for it.

Remember that you will need a map showing directions from a main road to your house. Some IO's will accept Google maps and some will not, I am not sure what Rayong will accept.

With your photos, there must be 1 photo of you and your wife standing outside the house showing the house number, with the others anywhere inside together kitchen, sitting at the dining table , on the couch plus anywhere outside around the house.

You can put 4 photos on an A4 sheet of paper and that is acceptable

There is 1 other important thing that you will need and that is an updated Kor Ror 2 which is your marriage registration document and normally it cannot be any more than a week or 2 old. It is easy to obtain this at your local Amphur office and normally costs around 20 baht and takes about an hour depending on how busy they are.

Also on your way to Immigration go via your bank and update you bank book on 1 of the update machines.

Edited by Russell17au
  • Like 1

At the time of submission you also need a witness who has known both of you for a while. Must be Thai, obviously, and living in Rayong. Aunty from wherever won't do.

Rayong also want the witness to be present at the home visit.

They called us and told us the date and time they would visit.

Make sure your 'witness' has their ID card with them both times.

They, one guy, never spoke with neighbours at the home visit.

Edited by overherebc
  • Like 1

On 10/31/2020 at 1:22 PM, ubonjoe said:

1. You can do it it up to 30 day early if you want to.

Doesn't his 400,000 have to be in the bank for two months first? Therefore, if he applies up to 30 days before his 60-day extension ends that might not be the case.

From what he writes this seems to be his first one-year extension, but he doesn't state whether or not the 400,000 is already in the bank. If it isn't, how can he apply up to 30 days before?

I ask, because my 60-day also expires on the 25th, when I will also apply for the one-year. My400,000 will have been deposited for two months on the 24th. Surely I can't apply before that?

5 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I ask, because my 60-day also expires on the 25th, when I will also apply for the one-year. My400,000 will have been deposited for two months on the 24th. Surely I can't apply before that?

You are fully correct.  When using the funds-in-bank method when applying for the 1-year extension of stay of your Non Imm O Visa for reason of marriage, the funds have to be seasoned for two months at the moment of application.  So in your case you would have to wait with your application till day before your permission to stay expires in order to have the funds seasoned for two months.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Doesn't his 400,000 have to be in the bank for two months first? Therefore, if he applies up to 30 days before his 60-day extension ends that might not be the case.

I gave a general answer to his question. I am certain he is aware it has to be in the bank for 2 months on the day he applies.

Rayong like the witness to be at the office and at the home visit, updated kor ror 2 within a week, bank letter a few days before application, maybe up to a week, bank book updated on day of application, 2 copies of all paperwork.

The IO told me not to spend any money from my account while the 400k is maturing, however I've had this account for a long time and i use it as a transactional account (with well over the 400k required in it for some time already) does anyone know if I can still use this account so long as it stays over 400k until my 1 year extension is approved? 

21 minutes ago, RopeySG said:

The IO told me not to spend any money from my account while the 400k is maturing, however I've had this account for a long time and i use it as a transactional account (with well over the 400k required in it for some time already) does anyone know if I can still use this account so long as it stays over 400k until my 1 year extension is approved? 

As long as you ensure that you do not dip below the 400K amount during the required seasoning period, you are free to use any money above that amount on your account.

• Thanks 1