Teacher who abused children at Bangkok kindergarten jailed for seven months

snoop1130

1 hour ago, crazykopite said:

Ive lost count to the number of mothers I have seen beating there children with a small branch of a tree here in Thailand and nobody seems to do anything about it I once complained about it and got a simple answer it’s only uneducated people who do this type of punishment if that’s the case then it should be taught in school that hitting anyone is wrong 

I was belted by the headmaster in my primary school for nothing more than making a simple mistake, after I left school at 16, I went looking for him but could not find him, a few years later I was told where he lived, when I went to his house, I was told he had died.

I do admit that when I left school and had found out where he lived then, I would have given him a sore face.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, worgeordie said:

That's good, now what about the school,will they face any punishment,or does the

buck not top there.

regards worgeordie

If you care to read the article again you you learn that the administrators are facing a lawsuit.

As there is no suggestion that the latter committed any of the abuses/ assaults it is difficult to understand how they could face criminal charges.

7 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

I was belted by the headmaster in my primary school for nothing more than making a simple mistake, after I left school at 16, I went looking for him but could not find him, a few years later I was told where he lived, when I went to his house, I was told he had died.

I do admit that when I left school and had found out where he lived then, I would have given him a sore face.

And the action taken by your parents was ???

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The parents are demanding at least 5 million baht from each of the accused.

In Thailand it's always about money. What possible way would the abuse necessitate such huge financial compensation? Any compensation at all? And lets not pretend that it is needed for lengthy psychiatric counselling.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Keesters said:

"The parents are demanding at least 5 million baht from each of the accused." 

This is what it is really all about. 

The amount that they are asking for is totally absurd. The income of the families concerned maybe say 200,000 a year so 25 years income! The teachers deserve to be punished and pay damages but what teacher has 5m. baht? 100,000 baht would be a windfall for many parents but even that maybe beyond the means of most of the teachers. 

What about the dinosaur of an owner who showed contempt for the parents, does he not deserve something for owning and allowing the school to operate with unlicensed teachers and assistants, even some without work permits?

• Like 2

I left school in '62 and what a nasty school it was.  A Private school.  First day at this place age 11 the dinner was so disgusting , gristle and fat in gravy with those hard peas.  Couldn't eat it , it came back from the kitchen , I refused it and got beaten by the head master.    Reading about abuse in schools today , where ever they are is like water off a ducks back . Like possum above I didn't tell my parents , I would have got ' I'm sure you deserved it'.

School days the happiest days of your life ; I think not.

Glad to say the school I went to was pulled down in '64 , no more Radnor School , last time I went past in about '70 it was called Radnor Court.

Not saying teachers now have it easy but disipline ...................I teach a 16 yo Burmese lad English and an 8 yo Thai lad from the same house across the way and I try to make teaching fun.

This Woman really needed to go to Jail for 7 Years, not 7 Months.

I am sure her time inside will be made Hell by the fellow Inmates that have Kids. Good, Loving Mothers of Children, although they are in a Bad place at the moment, will hate this Child Molester with a passion.

4 hours ago, scorecard said:

And I wonder what happened with the full investigation of this school and all schools in this chain.

Also would be interesting to get a new comment  (after the unqualified 'teacher' from this school has been jailed) from the arrogant miscreant owner of the chain. 

I would “guess” the following has happened...

1. The schools have been first visited by a police officer to let the management know of the next upcoming official visit and check. 

2. A brown envelope has exchanged hands. 

3. Management have requested any illegal teachers to stay home, until official visit was done.

4. Things then went back to normal, as everything was in order. 

5. All are happy, case closed and life goes on.

Anyome really think anything else happened? 

Edited by khunpa
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, toofarnorth said:

I left school in '62 and what a nasty school it was.  A Private school.  First day at this place age 11 the dinner was so disgusting , gristle and fat in gravy with those hard peas.  Couldn't eat it , it came back from the kitchen , I refused it and got beaten by the head master.    Reading about abuse in schools today , where ever they are is like water off a ducks back . Like possum above I didn't tell my parents , I would have got ' I'm sure you deserved it'.

School days the happiest days of your life ; I think not.

Glad to say the school I went to was pulled down in '64 , no more Radnor School , last time I went past in about '70 it was called Radnor Court.

Not saying teachers now have it easy but disipline ...................I teach a 16 yo Burmese lad English and an 8 yo Thai lad from the same house across the way and I try to make teaching fun.

3/10 for spelling "discipline"

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

At a hearing at Nonthraburi Provincial Court on Mondah, Ornuma Plodprong, 30, known as ‘Kru Jum’ was sentenced to spend 195 days in jail after being found guilty of child abuse and the assault of a minor. She was ordered to spend 15 days in jail for each case of abuse.

Were the sentences concurrent or consecutive? Often the sentences are concurrent. If so, yes she was sentenced to a total of 195 days but would only serve 15.

I also know a woman who is parent of a girl born from union of mum and a farang from Netherlands and die in Thailand on the road when she was one year old. The man was working offshore for oil and gas (big money then) and offer a life in many place as Singapore to the woman before he die. He let her a business in Puket with a house and ten million THB. But the woman, little by little, in 7 years, loose everything and didn't support to become poor again. She become very nervous and many time, beat her child. This child very good child i defend many time (she is very intelligent and looks like more fareng than Thai, she has some problem at school because some other child are racist, not all but the half... she born Thailand and speak Thai perfectly, but looks like farang girl).

Well... this child look at me like dad of her and she can be very quiet and laugt a lot, when she does caprices, it is so easy to stop her and explain things, she is very easy to educate, i don't understand why her mum use violence many times. She said she doesn't listen, but... she is a child, if she want her child to obey more, she has to be logic and not do herself what she said to her child to not do (she failed to understand the logic...).

By the time, this woman become so violent (she is drinking sometime also...) that she take a knife and menace someone of the family of his new boyfriend (a Thai man). She has problem with everybody in the village.

But my question is: what are they doing for this situation to change ? She use a knife one time already and is violent with her child sometime. She need health care from psychologist and to learn humility.

By the time, she told me that her dad before was very violent, that can explain why she is now.

Now i'm far from my home in Thailand and i can not check every day the girl is ok and calm down situations. I hope this girl will have a good life and a good education. Mum said she doesn't care her education because it serve nothing... because she didn't have one. I think now she is also jalouse her own child because she is very intelligent.

• Sad 2

5 hours ago, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

"They can pull all their kids out! I don't care! I am already rich! And I can shut down all the schools, and sell all the land!" Such shrewd business practices. Good thing he's in the business of education.

Should go to jail with seperate sentnces for every school

5 hours ago, prakhonchai nick said:

My mistake. I read the next sentence and put them together. There are stillother teachers involved, whio need to be brought to book. And the boss man too, who no doubt was involved in hiring unqualified  and unlicenced teachers, and "overlooking" work permits!

Ahh but unqualified and no work permits is the norm here. ????

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, possum1931 said:

I can think of countless injustices involving sadistic head masters such as caning for wolf whistling a poor 4th year lad, and the humiliation of singling him out. Great memories though. Like a Ken Loach movie. Not the sadism - but you look back and realize how tough it was for teachers to control such unruly, growing young adults, some of whom really didn't want to be there.

2 minutes ago, Arthur Mullard said:

I can think of countless injustices involving sadistic head masters such as caning for wolf whistling a poor 4th year lad, and the humiliation of singling him out. Great memories though. Like a Ken Loach movie. Not the sadism - but you look back and realize how tough it was for teachers to control such unruly, growing young adults, some of whom really didn't want to be there.

I did not go looking for the headmaster at my secondary school after I left, in fact I went back to see him about three years after I left and we had a good natter in his study. I wasn't badly treated in secondary school, but was in primary school, was even belted for saying Yippee it's Christmas as the school was about to break up for the holidays.

• Sad 1

Read  of many cases  of Thai  teachers abusing  kids even high school  

Also  sexually  yet   nothing  seems to  be done  

Never  hear of prison  time  

Also   the  parents  seem only  interested in money  from the  teachers  in compensation  ....This is  sickening 

Thai  way   all about  money  .....kids  well being  only  secondary  money   most important 

Sorry  Thailand  you make me sick

Good Luck Thailand 

6 hours ago, crazykopite said:

Ive lost count to the number of mothers I have seen beating there children with a small branch of a tree here in Thailand and nobody seems to do anything about it I once complained about it and got a simple answer it’s only uneducated people who do this type of punishment if that’s the case then it should be taught in school that hitting anyone is wrong 

Absolutely correct, also seen it on many occasions .....

" At a hearing at Nonthraburi Provincial Court on Mondah, Ornuma Plodprong, 30, known as ‘Kru Jum’ was sentenced to spend 195 days in jail after being found guilty of child abuse and the assault of a minor. " 

BUT this being Thailand she is probably out on bail pending an appeal. 

In Thailand being sentenced does not mean you go to jail. The appeal process can go on for years and you are free all that time.

46 minutes ago, TERMINATOR3AB said:

Read  of many cases  of Thai  teachers abusing  kids even high school  

Also  sexually  yet   nothing  seems to  be done  

Never  hear of prison  time  

Also   the  parents  seem only  interested in money  from the  teachers  in compensation  ....This is  sickening 

Thai  way   all about  money  .....kids  well being  only  secondary  money   most important 

Sorry  Thailand  you make me sick

Good Luck Thailand 

Does it make you sick if this happens in Europe or somewhere else aswel

• Confused 1