Teacher who abused children at Bangkok kindergarten jailed for seven months

snoop1130

And what about the Thai coordinator?  Each level of KG has a Thai coordinator who is supposed to cruise the floor checking the Thai teachers, the students and their work.  There is no way this could go on without the coordinator knowing (unless she was busy with selfies or sending pics of her lunch to her 4,879 followers....priorities first!)

And as others have said, what about the president?  Oh thats right he is 'influential', which is why every school around a sarasas school was raided during Big Jokes time but never a sarasas school.

12 minutes ago, johncat1 said:

" At a hearing at Nonthraburi Provincial Court on Mondah, Ornuma Plodprong, 30, known as ‘Kru Jum’ was sentenced to spend 195 days in jail after being found guilty of child abuse and the assault of a minor. " 

BUT this being Thailand she is probably out on bail pending an appeal. 

In Thailand being sentenced does not mean you go to jail. The appeal process can go on for years and you are free all that time.

This is the same all over the world.......In appeal you are supposed to be innocent......

12 minutes ago, jomtienisgood said:

This is the same all over the world.......In appeal you are supposed to be innocent......

She was tried, found guilty and sentenced,  so therefore she cannot be innocent. In most countries you or your lawyer has to appeal whilst you are in prison.

39 minutes ago, allane said:

For the record, that school is located in Nonthaburi, just a stone's throw from the Pathumthani border. It is not in Bangkok.

Never mind; It's all on the way to Don Muang. 5555555. To be more precise not too far from Soi Mitsubishi,etc....

I was assaulted by my primary 5 teacher in Scotland every Friday when I got less than half marks in the weekly handwriting test.

it was called corporal punishment and involved an thick leather belt being whacked from overhead across both palms of my raised hands. It was both physically barbaric and mentally traumatising. It was institutionally accepted by society then.

It did nothing to improve my handwriting which at 65 now, is illegible even to me.

Edited by PeeJayEm
Spelling
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Problem is that the damage is done. The children will be emotionally scarred for life and the nightmares of adults abusing them won't go away just because the perpetrator is in jail for a few months. There will be new (and perhaps even more sinister) ones coming, because no one really cares, except some parents...

The whole school system in Thailand not only needs reform, but basically a revolutionary deep clean including psychological screening of directors, teachers and assistants. Helpful also would be if the Thai children are taught to think for themselves/outside the box and not simply follow the "repeat after me" copy and paste approach.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PeeJayEm said:

I was assaulted by my primary 5 teacher in Scotland every Friday when I got less than half marks in the weekly handwriting test.

it was called corporal punishment and involved an thick leather belt being whacked from overhead across both palms of my raised hands. It was both physically barbaric and mentally traumatising. It was institutionally accepted by society then.

It did nothing to improve my handwriting which at 65 now, is illegible even to me.

I had the imprents of a plastic ruler in the palm of my hand when I was 8 for hitting a girl in the head with a book 

A child  would not be  used as a   tool  too  obtain  money  in an assult  case in most other  countries  the  welfare of the child is  first

Sadly  this is not  true for Thailand

Read  about the  families  that groom pretty   boys into  ladyboys  to  get  income for the Famliies  only heard  of this  inThailand 

Thai  think money is the  be all and end  all of everything 

Seen   everywhere  I  been inThailand  ..sadly  even my wife  thinks money  is  everything 

Fortunatley   she   understands   that  money  cannot  buy happiness

However  I  know  she  would like to try......So  Mate   no  not the same in other countries  as it is  in Thailand 

Good Luck Thailand 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, possum1931 said:

I did not go looking for the headmaster at my secondary school after I left, in fact I went back to see him about three years after I left and we had a good natter in his study. I wasn't badly treated in secondary school, but was in primary school, was even belted for saying Yippee it's Christmas as the school was about to break up for the holidays.

What's the saddo for?? I think you are the one who is sad, now run along.

• Like 1

On 11/3/2020 at 10:26 AM, possum1931 said:

I didn't tell my parents, but even today as an older guy, anyone who as much as even threatens me with violence, there will be consequences.

I wouldn’t tolerate either, against me or my family. 

• Thanks 1

On 11/3/2020 at 6:59 AM, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

"They can pull all their kids out! I don't care! I am already rich! And I can shut down all the schools, and sell all the land!" Such shrewd business practices. Good thing he's in the business of education.

yes, and he added that he would make more money selling the land, and even, he, the almighty landbarron had taught without proper paperwork..I wonder if he reads TVF, everyone does it, right?  But, it should be viewed as a wake-up call to all the staff, parents, and communities that many of these urban schools that have been there for decades are on limited leases and borrowed time.  The admins know it but keep it close to the vest, and now have even more incentive to collect enough brown envelopes for their pasture.

I had the imprents of a plastic ruler in the palm of my hand when I was 8 for hitting a girl in the head with a book 

Better solution would have been you get a wack on the head with that book every day for 14 days. You did know that was not a nice thing to do, did you not??

• Haha 1

On 11/3/2020 at 10:00 PM, TERMINATOR3AB said:

A child  would not be  used as a   tool  too  obtain  money  in an assult  case in most other  countries  the  welfare of the child is  first

Sadly  this is not  true for Thailand

Read  about the  families  that groom pretty   boys into  ladyboys  to  get  income for the Famliies  only heard  of this  inThailand 

Thai  think money is the  be all and end  all of everything 

Seen   everywhere  I  been inThailand  ..sadly  even my wife  thinks money  is  everything 

Fortunatley   she   understands   that  money  cannot  buy happiness

However  I  know  she  would like to try......So  Mate   no  not the same in other countries  as it is  in Thailand 

Good Luck Thailand 

Really ?????????