Anxious U.S. voters choose between Biden, Trump after vitriolic campaign

webfact

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

No! He didn't say that he had won already. 

He said that he is confident that when the votes are counted that he will win.

That confidence is well founded.

You deleted the statement that I was lying, but too late as I quoted that already.

I strongly suggest you think before accusing other posters of lying in future.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You deleted the statement that I was lying, but too late as I quoted that already.

I strongly suggest you think before accusing other posters of lying in future.

Whatever dude.

Intentionally distorting is very similar to lying.

I thought your comment was sleazy and didn't reflect the truth.

• Like 1

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

It’s funny what upsets some folk given what they find acceptable.

Biden speaks ‘as if’ he has won already, Trump

declared flat out victory.

Yes but Biden was very clear that he wasn't saying he had won  already! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Guiliani now on Fox News talking in Pennsylvania about irregularities and voting fraud and national legal challenges

Corey Lewandowski … Pam Bondi.. Eric Trump..

They are all coming out of the woodwork talking about corruption

All the best people 

A bit sad

But I guess it shows they are aware that they are losing

Didn't hear Democrats doing this when it looked bad last night

?????????????

Biden was always ahead when I looked, so how exactly did it "look bad"?

Certainly he wasn't as far ahead as he might have expected, but that doesn't mean he was losing, IMO.

I'm sure that if he had looked like losing his team would be doing the exact same thing.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Looks like Biden is going to win. I wonder what all the anti Trumpers will find to post about in future when Trump is gone?

Probably working on unity learning about and working through differences healthcare issues ect but my hope is mainly working on healing our differences and moving forward and healing our alliances 

• Like 1

264 for Biden, so one has to accept that he ( or rather Harris, IMO ) has probably won. I expect the recounts court battles etc to delay the confirmation though. I won't disguise that I'm very disappointed for all the reasons I've posted in the past.

This is going to be a make or break for the US, IMO. If Biden gets it wrong, the consequences could be severe- there are going to be a lot of very PO Trump supporters out there in the red states. If Biden does not govern for ALL Americans there will be unhappy times ahead, IMO.

It would help if he does a Clinton and makes peace with and work with the senate, rather than fight them and resort to his pen.

Also, let's not forget that Trump is president till January, so the fat lady has a while to wait before breaking into song.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Going to be showing the love to Trump supporters then?

Very good article on how democrats (without capital) should understand how this election unfolded, and how to move forward.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/11/04/opinions/what-dems-can-learn-from-trumps-showing-ghitis/index.html

1 hour ago, stevenl said:

Very good article on how democrats (without capital) should understand how this election unfolded, and how to move forward.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/11/04/opinions/what-dems-can-learn-from-trumps-showing-ghitis/index.html

The dems got their heads handed to them.  The polls were wrong.  Luckily, looks like Biden with be POTUS.  Should know shortly.

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Going to be showing the love to Trump supporters then?

Sure he will.

But you can lead a horse to water etc.

The main impetus of the toxic and divisive 45 movement which sadly has not been vanquished is about white nationalism and white resentment and fear of increased diversity. Biden isn't God. He can't magically make people motivated by evil impulses to be good.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

The dems got their heads handed to them.  The polls were wrong.  Luckily, looks like Biden with be POTUS.  Should know shortly.

Pretty much so but there remains a slim chance that the democrats can take over the senate by winning two runoffs in Georgia. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Pretty much so but there remains a slim chance that the democrats can take over the senate by winning two runoffs in Georgia. 

I'll be blown away, and lose even more confidence in democracy, if that crazy QAnon GOP rep gets elected.  What a nutter.  And you'd have to be nutter to vote for her.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

I'll be blown away, and lose even more confidence in democracy, if that crazy QAnon GOP rep gets elected.  What a nutter.  And you'd have to be nutter to vote for her.

Hasn't she already won?

Thanks for bringing up Q.

They're dangerous and crazy and there are an awful lot of them. Almost all of them are 45 fans.

No man including Biden has the power to heal that kind of crazy.

In other words even though it looks probable that we will have a positive outcome to fire 45, our national nightmare is far from over.

• Sad 1