U.S. election betting odds tighten but still favour Trump over Biden

webfact

3 hours ago, Susco said:

So in short, popular vote is just a waste of time in the US elections

hmm, wouldn't say so,

since all votes are counted on county / state basis it is easy peasy and snap snap to add together the popular vote

and it serves as a constant reminder of paths away from the electoral college

5 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

hmm, wouldn't say so,

since all votes are counted on county / state basis it is easy peasy and snap snap to add together the popular vote

and it serves as a constant reminder of paths away from the electoral college

Well, as I said already, in my opinion the person with the highest count of popular votes should be president, especially if he get's more than 50% of all votes casted.

• Like 1

Biden is reported in the NY Times as winning Pennsylvania absentee ballots by "an overwhelming margin so far". If he carries the remaining absentee ballots by a similar margin, he could win Pennsylvania (though he has quite a lot of ground to make up).

Edited by mfd101

1 minute ago, mfd101 said:

Biden is reported in the NY Times as winning Pennsylvania absentee ballots by "an overwhelming margin so far". If he carries the remaining absentee ballots by a similar margin, he could win Pennsylvania.

They better change the locks on the White House front door tonight then

• Haha 2

As we sleep the two septuagenarians are in their back rooms doing a little nip and tuck.

Who will outlive the other is too close to call...... but a photo (re) finish is almost certain,

with the survivor winning by a nose hair..........

The presidential race is too close to call. Officials are still tallying votes

President Trump and Joseph R. Biden Jr. were locked Wednesday morning in a race for the White House that was too close to call, with election officials in crucial battleground states still counting ballots, many of them sent by mail before the polls closed.

Mr. Trump won Florida, Iowa and Ohio. Mr. Biden carried Minnesota. But, as of Wednesday morning, neither candidate had amassed the 270 electoral votes needed to win the presidency. Both parties were focused on the tallies being conducted in seven key states: Arizona, Georgia, Michigan, Nevada, North Carolina, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin.

No major news organizations have projected a winner in the overall race.

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2020/11/04/us/election-results?action=click&module=Spotlight&pgtype=Homepage#the-presidential-race-is-too-close-to-call-officials-are-still-tallying-votes

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, mr mr said:

ok if trump wins.........

tough to see how it happened the first time. the 2nd time ? 

fool me once shame on.....shame on you. fool me.... you can't get fooled again.

George (#43), welcome to the group!! One of your more memorable "mis-quotes."

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

I thought CNN did a good job. No nonsense. Basically Wolf Blitzer and the other guy talking facts about the states and the areas within states etc. 

I think Trump voters are  wrong but if he wins we have to cop it. 

Still a fair chance for Biden - Pennsylvania looks promising in terms of votes to be counted but he's a long way behind. Georgia the same. Michigan looks tough.  Wisconsin looks promising. Arizona appears to be home.

Tough though to see how the pollsters can get it so wrong. The hidden Trump supporters is a thing.

I thought CNN did a good job.

No dispute from me about that. They restrained their normal anti Trump mode and did a fair job. I don't remember anything about corona, except noting the exit polls did not put it as number one concern.

I think Trump voters are  wrong but if he wins we have to cop it. 

I think Biden voters are wrong but if he wins we have to cop it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, melvinmelvin said:

should each of the two candidates end up with 50% of the electors,

what would be the formal process to follow in order to end up with a president elect and new president?

I believe it goes to congress. I think Pelosi had something to say on it already.