Warning! Ride slowly and watch out for dogs.

teacherclaire

8 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Is that match point?

It's a classic example of "it happened in the hours at night," which should have consequences. Perhaps stoning me would be a great way?

Those who ride in the dark must be stoned or drunk?  Or both. Lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, bodga said:

30+  years  ago would  be  more  correct,  now and  for  the last  20+  years  cats  as  common as  dogs as  pets

I killed a dog that was chasing a cat. It was like the cat knew what it was doing. But that was with a pick-up truck. Crushed bones......

Thanks to those who said: "Just ride over them."  55555555555555555

Have to try that with a big bike and a big dog, but only once, and then visit Nirvana and smoke one with Curt........

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, polpott said:

Really? I hit a horse that escaped from a field in the UK and a work colleague hit a cow that had escaped. Quite common in the UK. Lots of roaming dogs until maybe 10 years ago.

Many years ago, I hit a cow in India with a Royal Enfield. I fell but could get the bike up and leave the scene when some people approached me.
These creatures there are holier than I.........

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, Mutt Daeng said:

Agree. These loose soi dogs are a big problem. There used to be unofficial "dog catchers" patrolling where I live and they would scoop up said soi dogs. They were probably headed for the "border areas" where dogs are still consumed.

Vietnamese people are the goal of dog snatchers. They eat dog meat when it's getting colder, and it's quite expensive to buy dog meat.

No more pickups with too little cages can be seen in the village where I lived a while ago.

They gave people a piece of cheap plastic for one dog, and then the suffering started, all the way up to Nakhon Phanom with no, or little water, then to Vietnam.

Transporting dogs.jpg

dogs in Vietnam.jpg

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Speedhump said:

One thing to think about, when you see one dog run out of bushes in front of you and cross the road, be prepared for another hidden one to follow. Or even some puppies. 

One dark night on an pitch black country road I turned a corner and was confronted with a huge white cow standing sideways on across the road, stock still, staring at me. Like a marble sculpture. Or a terrible ghost. Did it sh"" me up or what! 

PS - female dogs (I'll avoid the proper word in case) only come into heat at one time of year? ????

Depends on the type of dog.

12 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

Ride a bike anywhere -

Be Aware

Beware

We were on a road with almost no traffic when Honda CBR 150 rider approached.

On the road was a tractor with a trailer, and the guy did a real stunt. Rode on the trailer, the bike got first stuck, then bike and rider became airborne.

The rider landed on his feet on the tractor's front. The bike headed to the windshield of my pick up more than two meters up in the air.

No idea how he could NOT see the trailer and tractor on the side of the road at harvest time. 

Only hitting the brake saved us from getting hit by an airborne motorbike that might have 100 something kg—weird shi_e.

Everything is possible here. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, teacherclaire said:

Thanks to those who said: "Just ride over them."  55555555555555555

General rule in a car or truck is run them over if it isn't safe to avoid them. Bikes are a different story, but it all comes down to your driving and riding skills. Today after taking my daughter to school I rounded a corner and there were 3 dogs all running to each other. One was a Taco Bell Mascot and a Thai lady was frantically running to catch here little pooch. So little Toto survived to be a nuisance another day.. rounded 2 more corners 2 minutes further down and there were a pack of 5-6 dogs and the A male was fighting another that was in the wrong area and not one of their pack. No way to run them over but could only slow down and pass cautiously. All in 2 minutes were 8-9 dogs running loose. CM seems to be getting worse now.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

General rule in a car or truck is run them over if it isn't safe to avoid them. Bikes are a different story, but it all comes down to your driving and riding skills. Today after taking my daughter to school I rounded a corner and there were 3 dogs all running to each other. One was a Taco Bell Mascot and a Thai lady was frantically running to catch here little pooch. So little Toto survived to be a nuisance another day.. rounded 2 more corners 2 minutes further down and there were a pack of 5-6 dogs and the A male was fighting another that was in the wrong area and not one of their pack. No way to run them over but could only slow down and pass cautiously. All in 2 minutes were 8-9 dogs running loose. CM seems to be getting worse now.

Good to hear that nothing happened. It seems that thousands of dogs all of a sudden showed up from nowhere.

Perhaps Aliens that look like dogs?

It's time for the government to do something now. More and more bike riders die or have weird accidents and injuries.

But you can only call a hotline when you see an illegal foreigner. 

On 11/4/2020 at 8:50 PM, teacherclaire said:

I have no idea if you've realized the number of dogs that are currently almost everywhere. On each road, Soi, at places where you'd not think that dogs are. It's the time of the year when dogs are in heat, so please be careful. 

I almost crashed into two black dogs that were invisible to me because a car was in front of me. When I took over, there were two giant black dogs in the middle of the road at night. 

I was only lucky that nothing happened and my loud horns scared them away. But often there's no time to hit the button. 

Black dogs at night, watching the traffic, and in a Nanosecond, it could happen. Please be safe out there and watch out for these creatures.

Some owners let their dogs live on the roads, and they run after every biker. I've seen a girl falling near our place, but the dog could run away.

And the dog is, of course, back on the road. The owner doesn't show responsibility of his actions to let the dog stay there 24/7.

The next accident is only a matter of time. Ride safe. 

Forget the horn! Hit the brakes!

• Thanks 1

On 11/5/2020 at 7:29 AM, Lacessit said:

I could almost make you an honorary Australian with that post. A Brit who knows what a bull bar is, who would have thought?

Actually we call them Roo bars where I come from. No bulls ever on the roads but plenty of roos. Especially at night.

19 hours ago, teacherclaire said:

It's a classic example of "it happened in the hours at night," which should have consequences. Perhaps stoning me would be a great way?

Those who ride in the dark must be stoned or drunk?  Or both. Lol

Those who ride in Thailand must have financial problems.

• Sad 1

On 11/5/2020 at 7:41 PM, polpott said:

Really? I hit a horse that escaped from a field in the UK and a work colleague hit a cow that had escaped. Quite common in the UK. Lots of roaming dogs until maybe 10 years ago.

You mean you hit a horse and a colleague hit a cow...  and because of that it's quite common ???

I once saw a section of the M5 closed down because a cow had escaped from a nearby farm onto the motorway - but its by no means common.

That something has happened, it means just that, it happens, but doesn’t make it common. In this case, not as common as a pedestrian getting hit by a car - hence the sensible option to provide pedestrians with better accident protection hence NCAP protection requirements.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Nemises said:

Those who ride in Thailand must have financial problems.

Are you implying that those who ride a bike do so for no other reason than they are unable to afford a car ????

Are you aware that some motorcycles are more expensive than some cars ?

Are you aware that many motorcycle riders also own cars ?

We used to have two cars and a motorcycle - Now we have one car and a motorcycle. 

I sold the second car after it did less than 1000km in one year !!!! - we really didn’t need a second car.

I enjoy getting out on my motorcycle, even in Bangkok. It sometimes saves a lot of time when I need to get somewhere, pick something up etc and avoid the gridlocked traffic. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

Are you implying that those who ride a bike do so for no other reason than they are unable to afford a car ????

We used to have two cars and a motorcycle - Now we have one car and a motorcycle. 

I sold the second car after it did less than 1000km in one year !!!! - we really didn’t need a second car.

I enjoy getting out on my motorcycle, even in Bangkok. It sometimes saves a lot of time when I need to get somewhere, pick something up etc and avoid the gridlocked traffic. 

I have one car and 2 scooters. Not that I ride the bloody things, suicidal in Thailand. Scooters are for women.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

You mean you hit a horse and a colleague hit a cow...  and because of that it's quite common ???

I once saw a section of the M5 closed down because a cow had escaped from a nearby farm onto the motorway - but its by no means common.

That something has happened, it means just that, it happens, but doesn’t make it common. In this case, not as common as a pedestrian getting hit by a car - hence the sensible option to provide pedestrians with better accident protection hence NCAP protection requirements.

Perhaps he meant a two legged cow that couldn't run away fast enough?  

They can be pretty useful when not on the roads. 

3 minutes ago, polpott said:

I have one car and 2 scooters. Not that I ride the bloody things, suicidal in Thailand. Scooters are for women.

Then the majority of expats are wrong.

Not all can afford it, or want to buy a big bike for obvious reasons.

But the other guy calling those on bikes poor must have a big shadow somewhere. 

• Like 1

On 11/7/2020 at 7:32 AM, polpott said:

Whats the point of having two scooters and not riding them,makes as much sense as " sponsoring "you,re paying some old scutter 6,000 miles away and someone else is riding her.

• Sad 1

On 11/7/2020 at 2:29 PM, richard_smith237 said:

Some members here are so weird that it already hurts. Most people I know who have a big bike, me included, also have a car, or a pick up truck.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, kingdong said:

Whats the point of having two scooters and not riding them,makes as much sense as " sponsoring "you,re paying some old scutter 6,000 miles away and someone else is riding her.

What's the point of having no idea about anything?

Comprehension seems to be very difficult for you.

Is it possible that you answered to the wrong topic? 

3 minutes ago, teacherclaire said:

What's the point of having no idea about anything?

Comprehension seems to be very difficult for you.

Is it possible that you answered to the wrong topic? 

Merely answering a post,thats what forums are for,anyway haven,t got a clue what you,re on about,so will just say,its no good having a dog and barking yourself.

• 2 months later...