Pattaya: New TAT chief promotes resort as ideal for midweek Thais!

webfact

7 hours ago, champers said:

I can't help thinking that retired expats living in other parts of Thailand would be a good target market for midweek stays. Cheap flights to U Tapao from places like Chiang Mai and Udon Thani could help.

No sadly it wont.

Aren't they required to report their new address and when they return then again report old address. There was a huge chatter on this forum about these immigration requirements. Some TM form i think

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, lovethai123 said:

No sadly it wont.

Aren't they required to report their new address and when they return then again report old address. There was a huge chatter on this forum about these immigration requirements. Some TM form i think

I think you are referring to the TM30 form. I never fill one in when I go to different places in Thailand. My Immigration Office in Jomtien only requires a TM30 if there is a permanent change of ones adresss, though other IOs may have different policies. I am sure many expats already spend a weekend in Pattaya, especially those from the Bangkok area, but further afield as well.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, webfact said:

There is an awful lot about Pattaya that Thais don't know about", he said, citing things like the wonderful nature and bounteous attractions that the resort has to offer. 

Sorry hit the wrong bloody button, I'm not gonna be sarcastic and state the obvious, but I would like to know about the bountiful wildlife, does that include the huge rats on beach road ? Or the packs of Soi dogs that roam unchecked or even the larger rats down all the small soils on the Darkside where the bright siders come to fly tip ?

Ooops,  my bad, it was the wonderful nature ???????????? in other words rats & soi dogs, the scenery is discarded toilets and mattresses ????

Edited by Golden Triangle
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

I don't want to stray off topic, but I thought that the TM30 had been scrapped except for people moving residence, then you report the change but no more action required unless you leave Thailand & come back or move to a new permanent address.

apologies for my ignorance 

11 hours ago, champers said:

I can't help thinking that retired expats living in other parts of Thailand would be a good target market for midweek stays. Cheap flights to U Tapao from places like Chiang Mai and Udon Thani could help.

Why on earth do you think they live in places like Udon and Chiang Mai in the first place. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, kinyara said:

Why on earth do you think they live in places like Udon and Chiang Mai in the first place. 

I live in Pattaya and have visited other places, Chiang Mai included. I would not want to live in CM but to visit for a short break is fine. The reverse applies.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

Sorry hit the wrong bloody button, I'm not gonna be sarcastic and state the obvious, but I would like to know about the bountiful wildlife, does that include the huge rats on beach road ? Or the packs of Soi dogs that roam unchecked or even the larger rats down all the small soils on the Darkside where the bright siders come to fly tip ?

Ooops,  my bad, it was the wonderful nature ???????????? in other words rats & soi dogs, the scenery is discarded toilets and mattresses ????

Totally agree.  If you were to roam further afield, say, onto The Dark Side, you would find further evidence of all of the above blights.  If I knew how to operate my car cam I would upload images of the squalor to be found in abundance.  There are numerous housing projects going on despite the fact that no one will buy them for years to come.  This results in lorry-loads of hard core being tipped further up the road. The laughably named Whiztown development is set amongst piles of rubbish and is home only to about three hundred wild dogs. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 11/5/2020 at 2:16 PM, champers said:

Do you really think they will come to Pattaya and pay 60 baht a beer, when they could stay in Issan and pay 50 baht a beer?  ???? 

• Haha 1

I think it would be more couples coming from the rural areas. Some cities probably house more single guys, Chaing Mai for example?

I don't for a minute really think that TAT would specially target the expat market for midweek visits, though I would be happy to be proved wrong.

On 11/5/2020 at 10:06 PM, lovethai123 said:

No sadly it wont.

It was abandoned after a huge outcry, now not required for inter-provincial travel

On 11/5/2020 at 2:16 PM, champers said:

Not that we are a particularly sober lot here in Pattaya, but those Expats living it out in Nakhon Nowhere, eating rice with their fingers and dressing in baggy pants are really crazy as loons.

• Like 1

On 11/9/2020 at 8:10 AM, jacko45k said:

Not that we are a particularly sober lot here in Pattaya, but those Expats living it out in Nakhon Nowhere, eating rice with their fingers and dressing in baggy pants are really crazy as loons.

They are living the dream in their retirement. 

Come to a beach area in the south of Thailand, end up on a rice paddy in the jungle.  ????