Thai Police roll out new formats for traffic tickets

webfact

2 hours ago, bodga said:

why all this  stupid nonsense, why not ANY  police  station, same if  you have an accident  must report to the nearest  police station...........duh why, unless someone is  injured no need for  Police in many countries.

i agree ... unless the issue was such that a physical officer from a specific police office/unit was on scene and some form of an investigation took place (ie a crash or injuries) then i see no reason why a basic fines couldn’t be payable at any police station nationwide.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PatOngo said:

What about the ever popular "Cash Settlement Here and Now"? ????

Maybe is time to stop paying the "tea money" and do it the right way. 

Then it's by-by to all traffic bib's mistresses who got his "overtime" salary.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SuwadeeS said:

1. The police will never properly enforce the traffic law.

2. I did reported over hundred of motorcycles on the sidewalk. They government announcement was, they the person reports it, get the half on 2000 fine. Guess what??? Never saw 1 Baht.

3. If they are really interested in some changes. They should copy the strict traffic law from Switzerland or German and really strictly enforce it.

Switzerland and Germany??? Are they anywhere near Buriram or Sisaket? Can you get somtam there?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

What, are you suggesting...

Perish the thought, an abomiñable suggestion, unworthy of even being uttered...

Shame on you!

Changing tack, in an attempt to redirect the conversation from your scurrilous overtones I note that you have to pay the mailed out fine within two days! When, ever, has Thailand post delivered ordinary mail within two days?

No the wording is "can" not "must". In other words it takes the next day from the offence for the fine to be entered onto the database.

• Like 1

This will be a 'TRIGGERED' response.

Couple of years ago, i went out on the tiles in Karon, then Patong, i parked the car in Karon (a brand new BMW at the time), as the night progressed, i recognised I would not be going home, and was content with the idea that the car was parked 'legally', unbeknown to me, when i returned the next morning (i booked into a hotel) the car had galvanised chains through the wheels and over the bonnet and over roof. 

I mean, like what the <deleted>. 

I then had to proceed to Kata to pay the fine, and hang around half the day for them to un-lock the chains and release the car, turned out the following day everyone has to park on the opposite side of the road, oh my how retarded. 

Now in the UK you have traffic wardens, they are incentivised to search for cars that are parked illegally, and obtain some form of bonus alongside their salaries, freeing up the police to do actual police work, a handheld device is all they need and an outfit, they generate huge sums of money for the local councils, and are considered to be people, you wouldn't <deleted> on if on fire, which goes to show how ruthless they are. 

It works.

Why doesn't the Thai Gov copy the UK, digitalise it at the same time, and generate huge revenues at the same time, whilst allowing the police to do their actual police work, and ruling out corruption in this area. 

Obviously i know why, but rant over...

25 minutes ago, Jenkins9039 said:

This will be a 'TRIGGERED' response.

Couple of years ago, i went out on the tiles in Karon, then Patong, i parked the car in Karon (a brand new BMW at the time), as the night progressed, i recognised I would not be going home, and was content with the idea that the car was parked 'legally', unbeknown to me, when i returned the next morning (i booked into a hotel) the car had galvanised chains through the wheels and over the bonnet and over roof. 

I mean, like what the <deleted>. 

I then had to proceed to Kata to pay the fine, and hang around half the day for them to un-lock the chains and release the car, turned out the following day everyone has to park on the opposite side of the road, oh my how retarded. 

Now in the UK you have traffic wardens, they are incentivised to search for cars that are parked illegally, and obtain some form of bonus alongside their salaries, freeing up the police to do actual police work, a handheld device is all they need and an outfit, they generate huge sums of money for the local councils, and are considered to be people, you wouldn't <deleted> on if on fire, which goes to show how ruthless they are. 

It works.

Why doesn't the Thai Gov copy the UK, digitalise it at the same time, and generate huge revenues at the same time, whilst allowing the police to do their actual police work, and ruling out corruption in this area. 

Obviously i know why, but rant over...

All fine and noted, BUT what is actual police work in this country?

When was the last time you ever got a written ticket from Thai police?  Every time I go through a checkpoint they search everywhere to give me a ticket.  Most of the time they are disappointed.  The only ticket I ever got was when I was behind a pickup truck full of kids that was waived through.  After incredible diligence they gave me a ticket because a visitor from Russia who we had just picked up did not have her seatbelt fastened in the rear seat.  Then the polite officer insisted that I pay the 500 baht fine immediately.  SInce I carry no cash he had to write out the ticket.  I paid the ticket the next day at the local post office.   It was only 400 baht!

I mean no disrespect for the Thai Police but there are bad apples in the barrel and these should be weeded out.  I don't think there is anything like internal affairs in the Thai Police but there is really no way to report these instances.  It would become a he said he said thing  and the complainant would suffer retribution.  The officer would continue on their merry way.  The targeting of farangs should also be reduced.

• Like 1