Wireless tyre inflator, anyone got one?

Daffy D

Getting to old to pump up the kids bike tyres every few days with stirrup pump  :sad:

So while looking for mechanical alternative came across these battery operated portable pumps. 

Sound just perfect and the kids will probably want to pump up their own tyres with a fancy gizmo like that.  

But are they any good?  Making some big performance claims for what is just a little hand held unit.

Anyone have any experience with one of these units ?

Baseus Air Compressor Car Tyre Inflator

Electric air inflator pump

Xiaomi Mijia AirPump 

1 hour ago, Pilotman said:

I have a 12 volt electric pump that works well off the car battery. Good bit of kit and avoids using the useless ones in petrol stations. 

Lots of proven pumps that work off the car 12v system.

The point with these "wireless" (not to be confused with WiFi !) is you don't need to have the car there when being used. Saves a lot of messing about with tangling wires and the like.  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

15 hours ago, kekalot said:

I have the Xiaomi one and used it twice so far, once to blow up an big inner tube for the beach and once to sort an issue with deflated motorbike tire..

It works but it's not exactly strong and it takes a long time.. i don't know if it would work for a car tyre to be honest but i wouldn't get it for that.

for pumping tyres on bicycles, motorbikes, balls and whatnot, absolutely works.

I have the Xiaomi as well. Works great for bicycles and motorcycles. Haven't tried it with a car. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tom89 said:

I have the Xiaomi as well. Works great for bicycles and motorcycles. Haven't tried it with a car. 

Interesting...I,ll ask my inflatable friend if she would like pumping up with one of those  :thumbsup:

• Haha 1

I have Milwaukee M-18 and M-12 tools already so I bought the M-12 tire inflator from Lazada, it works very well, inflates and tops up Chevy Trailblazer tires as well as bicycle tires, its pretty fast and not very large. Good easy to understand computer screen and program. It inflates to what you input then shuts down. Now stays in the Chevy for road assistance. Bare tool is around 3000 Bt, but with charger and battery would be extra. But it works well

• Like 1

Nearly all the electric pumps (and foot pumps) I've bought over the years have packed up after a few uses.

With a little bit of effort its quite easy to make (or have one made) a reliable alternative.  Part of the kit I carried on my breakdown truck was an old empty gas bottle with an airline coupling brazed on to the valve. All you need is an old gas bottle, airline coupling, a hose and a tyre inflator - not expensive.

If you can't be bothered messing around or you're not handy - any mechanic can make one for you very cheaply, its a simple brazing job.

You can take it to a service station to fill but the pressure isn't usually too good. Much better to get your local garage to fill it. Just open the valve, fill it with air, close the valve and you have a portable compressed air supply. Doesn't need to be a large gas bottle - depends on your needs, the air is compressed so even a small bottle will go a long way.

Clearly there are more options like a pressure gauge for the bottle but if common sense in applied, you don't really need anything else.

• Haha 1

I have used this one for the past 6 months. https://www.lazada.co.th/products/120w-cordless-handheld-inflatable-air-pump-car-tyre-inflator-lcd-display-i663186518-s1294348509.html?mp=1    It works very well.

Pump.JPG

Edited by mirage
Add Photo
  • Haha 2