One killed, another injured in big bike collision

snoop1130

One killed, another injured in big bike collision

By The Nation

800_59bc6f3e01dc297.jpg

An accident involving two big bikes in Bangkok’s Lat Phrao district on Tuesday morning killed one person and severely injured another.

Two big motorcycles driven by Thanatthakorn Chareonsuk, 32, and Kritsada Wanpen, 25, collided into each other at a curve, causing one of them flip and another to explode.

Thanatthakorn was found dead in the scene, while Kritsada suffered severe injuries and a broken leg in the crash.

Police are studying CCTV footage and will question Kritsada to find the true cause of the tragedy.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30397690

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-11-10

12 hours ago, shady86 said:

Big bikes are not suitable for the immature small brains here.

That sounds nasty. But unfortunately it is so true. Thai men - and it is Thai men - don't have the emotional and mental capacity to fully appreciate and respect motor vehicles and the damage that can do. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Surelynot said:

It has never ceased to amaze me that people are prepared to risk their lives in this fashion.....even the most careful, sensible rider is at the mercy of an idiot driver....it just ain't worth it.

That is why I will NEVER ride a motorcycle here ever.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

I have been riding big bikes in Thailand for many years. Yes young riders like the speed, coming from a 125 there's a big difference. But it not just the speed, there is just too many things jumping out at you when riding and you must be aware of everything. A complete lack of riding skills. That's why I suggest that all bikes have ABS brakes. I know it pushes the price of the bike up but it will save lives. And yes I have ABS brakes on my bikes.

This has been discussed a million times and we still dont have the answer, we have one in the area at the moment I dont know whether Thai or Farang I can tell by the sound it's a big bike, from my soi you can do this loop of about 6km and come back to my soi he does that about 3 times then back again later, when he does it late at night you can hear him from a long way

14 hours ago, 2long said:

I love bikes of all sizes, and don't like the disrespect they get here, but this was in the city (not many 'curves are there) with speed limits, and one guy's dead. The cause can only be excess/illegal speed.

RIP rider

Could've been a diesel spill????

5 minutes ago, watso63 said:

Accidents happen everyday. No matter how much negativity is used to demonise "big bikes" they still remain the best machines in the world for those of us that love to ride them. Damn the hater's!

To be fair it is generally only your life that is at risk on a bike....with moron boy racers in cars...everyone's life is at risk.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, jvs said:

This morning waiting for a traffic light,light goes green and i start to drive.

Bike with two young girls and neither wearing a helmet passes just in front of us,

i did not even see them coming.

I have to say they had safety in mind,both wearing a mask.

Get into the habit of slow- counting one... two... three... after your light goes green and before you 'start to drive'

25 minutes ago, watso63 said:

Yes, had a couple of mate's die in car accident's and I was recently a passenger in the back of my friend's pick up truck and berated him for playing chicken with oncoming cars and dogs through local villages

What I really like about bikes though is there's usually no back seat driver.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, vandeventer said:

I have been riding big bikes in Thailand for many years. Yes young riders like the speed, coming from a 125 there's a big difference. But it not just the speed, there is just too many things jumping out at you when riding and you must be aware of everything. A complete lack of riding skills. That's why I suggest that all bikes have ABS brakes. I know it pushes the price of the bike up but it will save lives. And yes I have ABS brakes on my bikes.

I have a Kawasaki ER6 with ABS and when about 6 years old the ABS on the rear brake failed.  It was not that the the ABS did not work but that the brake did not work at all.  I Googled this and found it was a common fault mentioned on various forums.  Interestingly there were no reports of similar happening to the front brake but I assume that is because the riders were too dead to post any comments.

I removed the ABS which I had always hated anyway.

Edited by Mises
Spelling
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Get into the habit of slow- counting one... two... three... after your light goes green and before you 'start to drive'

I do!That is what probably saved me and them from an accident.

Biggest cause of accidents,people ignoring the light just turned red.